AtGames Sega Genesis Audio Problem

Off-topic discussion.
Sup3rM4r10Br0s
Bit
Bit

AtGames Sega Genesis Audio Problem

Postby Sup3rM4r10Br0s » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:28 am

I currently have an AtGames Sega Genesis. The "emulation" of the actual Genesis code is spot on, but the audio is less than stellar, as all the songs play in a lower tone than normal.
There is no SD card slot on it, so I'm either thinking about fixing the modified sound chip in it, or replacing the chip entirely.
And no, I do not own an original Genesis either.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: AtGames Sega Genesis Audio Problem

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:39 pm

I think you should replace the sound card... Might be wrong

Sup3rM4r10Br0s
Bit
Bit

Postby Sup3rM4r10Br0s » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:35 pm

That would hypothetically work, but I can't tell which chip is the sound chip, let alone if it is a modified YM2612 or if it uses a similar chip that works and looks like the YM2612. Plus, the original Genesis had 2 soundchips, the Yamaha YM2612 and the Texas Instruments SN76489.

Giggs-Chan
Rex
Rex

Postby Giggs-Chan » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:51 am

I'm not sure what, but I do know that the console flopped. Not only that, but it's compatibility with Original Genesis Cartridges had the same limitations as the Model 3 Genesis. It's not compatible with certain games such as Virtua Racer, and it's not even compatible with homebrew cartridges either. No matter if you play a built-in game or if you use a cartridge, you're still gonna have the audio problem. The wireless controllers that were bundled with the system also responded very poorly as it was based on infrared communication instead of Bluetooth.

Return to “Sandbox”