archived/locked topics (question)

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
Sandomer
Hoopster
Hoopster
Pronouns: he/him

archived/locked topics (question)

Postby Sandomer » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:48 am

archived topics here are always locked and no one can't reply, quote or even edit (if someone has topic that is archived/locked)
archived topics are locked topics, locked topics are like it was bad topic (i may be wrong) but in board index it says there is "best" topics
but the word "best" was in quote marks so sometimes it means oppositely but am not sure, so if someone knows i will be thankful if someone reply

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Splatoon 3: Side Order enthusiast

Re: archived/locked topics (question)

Postby krakin » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:27 pm

Not all of the archived topics are bad per se, some of the threads are things like announcements, old contests, and topics that have reached 100 pages. There are some topics in the archives forum that are bad like you said, discussions surrounding sensitive subjects like unpopular opinions, or random topics that have no purpose and don't warrant any discussion at all. There are also a couple of gems in the archived threads like the April Fool's Day topics. I think the way "best" is used here is supposed to be ironically. I'm not sure what your question is here, though.

Sandomer
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Sandomer » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:05 am

krakin wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:27 pm
Not all of the archived topics are bad per se, some of the threads are things like announcements, old contests, and topics that have reached 100 pages. There are some topics in the archives forum that are bad like you said, discussions surrounding sensitive subjects like unpopular opinions, or random topics that have no purpose and don't warrant any discussion at all. There are also a couple of gems in the archived threads like the April Fool's Day topics. I think the way "best" is used here is supposed to be ironically. I'm not sure what your question is here, though.
so admins think voting what's better smbx38a or smbx2 is bad topic? i think otherwise ofc

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Splatoon 3: Side Order enthusiast

Postby krakin » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:09 pm

yoorest2 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:05 am
krakin wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:27 pm
so admins think voting what's better smbx38a or smbx2 is bad topic? i think otherwise ofc
I don't think it's the staff believing it's bad as much as it is a topic that has been made many times before. People are tired of hearing the same arguments about whether 38A or SMBX2 are better, and there have been flame wars occurring as a result of preferring one or the other. Topics surrounding opinions and choosing one option over another aren't inherently bad, you are definitely correct. It's just that some subjects are best left undiscussed here because they've either been talked about numerous times or create friction and hostility.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this though; my brain feels like it has been turned off for the longest time.

Return to “Site Discussion”