Off-topic discussion.
Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Re: F*** Nintendo

Postby Chanceux2 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:16 pm

[quote=krakin post_id=393991 time=1659041626 user_id=12736]
Is anyone else concerned with the "free updates" route some Nintendo games are taking?
[/quote]

Yes, it's even kinda embarrassing how excited I was for Mario Strikers Battle League just for there to be 10 characters and no hazards in any of the maps AND the maps are so plain and identical, which is a really bad first impression for a game. And Nintendo Switch Sports is just an embarrassment.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:45 am

Yeah, the situation with Nintendo Switch Sports isn't looking too good, even though we're still able to play as Miis. There's only six sports right now, and the seventh one won't be available until later this fall; hopefully Switch Sports will get way more sports instead of only the six currently playable, but something's telling me we won't be getting an impressive roster like Wii Sports Resort. And don't get me started with Mario Strikers Battle League, it's the same issue with Nintendo Switch Sports. There is just not nearly enough content to convince me either of them are worth my time and money. Neither Switch Sports nor Mario Strikers Battle League live up to their respective titles, they're considered jokes compared to their predecessors.

Luna
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Cuteness overload <3
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Luna » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:47 am

krakin wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:53 pm
Is anyone else concerned with the "free updates" route some Nintendo games are taking?
To be honest, I don't even find it bad in general.
I'm just annoyed by how the updates are shadowdropped without any information on how much and what content is coming next.

FutureNyanCat
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Species: Felis robotus
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FutureNyanCat » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:31 am

I feel like the "Free updates" model is a way to hide the fact Nintendo is rushing out incomplete games and making them complete by adding "free updates". I've seen this happen with Kirby Star Allies, and this has become more prominent during the COVID-19 pandemic, which factored into the workforce at this moment.

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Postby Chanceux2 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:55 am

It really is. Makes me miss the 3DS and Wii U but mostly 3DS days.

Tetri
Rex
Rex
Flair: Glory to Jesus our Lord and Savior

Postby Tetri » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:34 pm

darkhog wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:59 pm
Seriously, what is wrong with them?! Instead of listening to what people are telling them, they're not only not slowing down, but even ramping up their war on fans. Another fangame (this time a pokemon hack) bites the dust and I fear SMBX might be next. I'd hate this to happen, especially since I've started development of my own episode and I seriously do hope SMBx team (both site and forum) have a backup plan when it happens, so the development can continue. And I really mean both site and forum. After all SMBX site's layout is based on supermariobrothers.org and that was taken by Nintendo already.

I still plan on buying Switch and future products but from now on will only buy it second-hand. Not gonna give the f****rs my money unless they'll come to their senses.
nintendo is just like yanderedev, seriously and literally

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:36 am

Tetri wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:34 pm
darkhog wrote:
Seriously, what is wrong with them?! Instead of listening to what people are telling them, they're not only not slowing down, but even ramping up their war on fans. Another fangame (this time a pokemon hack) bites the dust and I fear SMBX might be next. I'd hate this to happen, especially since I've started development of my own episode and I seriously do hope SMBx team (both site and forum) have a backup plan when it happens, so the development can continue. And I really mean both site and forum. After all SMBX site's layout is based on supermariobrothers.org and that was taken by Nintendo already.

I still plan on buying Switch and future products but from now on will only buy it second-hand. Not gonna give the f****rs my money unless they'll come to their senses.
What do you mean by that lol. YandereDev is an independent game developer working on his own while Nintendo is...well...Nintendo, a popular video game company and multi-billion-dollar business. YandereDev has a slew of controversies and accusations against him, we can't compare apples to oranges here and equate Nintendo, a reputable and well-established company with a long history of successful games, with YandereDev, an independent developer with a more controversial reputation.

Tetri
Rex
Rex
Flair: Glory to Jesus our Lord and Savior

Postby Tetri » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:19 pm

krakin wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:36 am
Tetri wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:34 pm
darkhog wrote:

What do you mean by that lol. YandereDev is an independent game developer working on his own while Nintendo is...well...Nintendo, a popular video game company and multi-billion-dollar business. YandereDev has a slew of controversies and accusations against him, we can't compare apples to oranges here and equate Nintendo, a reputable and well-established company with a long history of successful games, with YandereDev, an independent developer with a more controversial reputation.
yanderedev also was the one who was forcing people to delete their fan game in a unhuman way

Return to “Sandbox”