My choco latte contest level- updated(v5)

'Twas the Choco Latte Contest 2022.
DetectiveZvarri
Spiny
Spiny
Pronouns: he/him

My choco latte contest level- updated(v5)

Postby DetectiveZvarri » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:56 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9pawz24b680z ... 1.zip?dl=0

update : added new BG and changed some setups around
update 2: more changed setups
i welcome any and all feedback

https://youtu.be/5Diqntssck8 video of the level
Last edited by DetectiveZvarri on Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.

cato
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Koishi enjoyer

Re: My choco latte contest level

Postby cato » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:24 am

There is a distinct lack of connection between the theme and the gimmick. Granted, the setups are okay on their own, but they need to be coherent with the level theme (i.e. the tilesets can be changed to anything else and it makes no difference). You used some Lunar tileset, so you can start from there, adding Stars (as Jellyfish) instead of the spikes. It may be just me, having so many player blocks simply for the setups isn't visually appealing.

I suggest spicing things up. Some setups feel repeated, if not, already tried before in Vanilla settings.

DetectiveZvarri
Spiny
Spiny
Pronouns: he/him

Re: My choco latte contest level

Postby DetectiveZvarri » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:22 am

cato wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:24 am
There is a distinct lack of connection between the theme and the gimmick. Granted, the setups are okay on their own, but they need to be coherent with the level theme (i.e. the tilesets can be changed to anything else and it makes no difference). You used some Lunar tileset, so you can start from there, adding Stars (as Jellyfish) instead of the spikes. It may be just me, having so many player blocks simply for the setups isn't visually appealing.

I suggest spicing things up. Some setups feel repeated, if not, already tried before in Vanilla settings.
thanks for the feedback!

i changed the level's tileset and varied the setups a bit more

Return to “Choco Latte Contest 2022”