Super Mario Bros. Ultra [Full Release]

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
PlushTube123
Bit
Bit
Flair: Bing bing wahoo
Pronouns: he/him

Super Mario Bros. Ultra [Full Release]

Postby PlushTube123 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:34 am

Super Mario Bros. Ultra is a Super Mario Bros. X project being made by me. Super Mario Bros. Ultra is entirely SMB1 themed, and is meant to take place after Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels. The story of the game is simple, King Koopa has captured Princess Toadstool, leading Mario on a wild goose chase across 17 worlds to find her!

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/oeqylr9j ... a.rar/file

This project is inspired by:
Super Mario Bros. 0
Super Mario Bros. 1X
Super Mario Unlimited
Mario Forever

This episode will only be playable with SMBX2.

The death function is unlike the normal death mechanic, the player has infinite lives, but has a death counter that counts all of the deaths throughout the entire game.

Super Mario Bros. Ultra has 17 worlds, Worlds 1 through 8 are the normal worlds, and after beating World 8-4, a path to World Special will open. World Special can only be accessed after getting all of the stars in the Letter Worlds. The Letter Worlds can be found via various secret exits in the normal worlds.
Spoiler: show

FutureNyanCat
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Species: Felis robotus
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Super Mario Bros. Ultra [Full Release]

Postby FutureNyanCat » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:16 am

Eyyy it's finally out! Downloading this as fast as lightning!

Dynam0
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Dynam0 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:46 am

Nice work, but perhaps it would be good to have some screenshots available on the first post.

BlueStag
Koopa
Koopa

Postby BlueStag » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:02 pm

You left some save files over. Delete them.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Multiversal Traveller/Prismverse's God of Creation

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:56 pm

I played through the episode. I like the level design, although some levels had major problems, like enemy spam, lack of powerups etc. But in the end, the levels are doable.

Although I encountered some issues which some are, let's say, cause softlocks:
- B-1's warp to the level exit doesn't exist. (There is no warp so you are stuck.)
- Some warp pipes in the map cannot be entered. (The most important one is the warp to World 8, which cannot be entered thus the game cannot be completed properly.
- Path to World G-3 has a missing path.

georgespezi12
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby georgespezi12 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:58 am

the files are bloated with unused content that are GIF files, and player files are better off as global gfx.

tangy
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: less is more

Postby tangy » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:08 am

holy shit why is this episode 490 megabytes

edit: 580

edit 2: author, why? why is every graphic replaced in EVERY level folder?

Ericklost
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Ericklost » Wed May 11, 2022 3:09 pm

Excellent episode,it really feels like a sequel of the original game with all the original esence put on it.
But you should release a patch becouse some worlds are impossible to enter,it is dissapointing becouse you can not enjoy them,and there are save files around there.Also you should add chechpoints for saving the progress easier.

BrokenAce
Swooper
Swooper

Postby BrokenAce » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:48 pm

Please, please remember to test your episode. The world map is all kinds of broken, with various paths leading to nowhere, many pipes being inaccessible, and randomly absent music in parts. I had to constantly edit the map on the fly just to get to the end of the game. It's a real shame too, because the level design is actually very good for the most part.

Also, triggering the end credits does not open any paths, so it's probably best that you find an alternate way to unlock the Special World (perhaps a secret exit in 8-4?)

PlushTube123
Bit
Bit
Flair: Bing bing wahoo

Postby PlushTube123 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:59 pm

BrokenAce wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:48 pm
Please, please remember to test your episode. The world map is all kinds of broken, with various paths leading to nowhere, many pipes being inaccessible, and randomly absent music in parts. I had to constantly edit the map on the fly just to get to the end of the game. It's a real shame too, because the level design is actually very good for the most part.

Also, triggering the end credits does not open any paths, so it's probably best that you find an alternate way to unlock the Special World (perhaps a secret exit in 8-4?)
I'm very very sorry that the world map is so broken, I'm gonna try and fix this stuff but maybe its best that I just start over completely with the world map. Everything is so cluttered together and it's just so big that I don't know where to start.

Return to “Episodes”