Total votes: 5
TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: Good at remakes
Pronouns: he/him

Re: General Minecraft News Thread

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:50 pm

Their icon's still rainbow. They really need to return to green for marketing purposes. Rainbow creepers don't exist.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:30 am

TheGameyFireBro105 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:50 pm
Their icon's still rainbow. They really need to return to green for marketing purposes. Rainbow creepers don't exist.
It’s a videogame since when did Videogames need to be realistic?
Besides I don’t think you know what the rainbow actually means judging this post.
It’s the Pride Flag Rainbow and obviously they are supporting the cause longer and not just a month.

FutureNyanCat
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Species: Felis robotus
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FutureNyanCat » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:13 pm

Woah woah man, I'll slow you down here. The rainbow flag symbolizes LGBTQIA+, and Minecraft has the rainbow flag for a reason - to support people like gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and more. Why would you want them to remove it in the first place? It would make no sense to take that off after promoting Pride Month and LGBTQIA+ in the past, that's a very risky move considering Mojang has been supporting the group for very long, just like most of us.

I'm saying this as someone who is an LGBTQIA+ ally.

TheGameyFireBro105
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: Good at remakes

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:17 pm

FutureNyanCat2014 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:13 pm
Woah woah man, I'll slow you down here. The rainbow flag symbolizes LGBTQIA+, and Minecraft has the rainbow flag for a reason - to support people like gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and more. Why would you want them to remove it in the first place? It would make no sense to take that off after promoting Pride Month and LGBTQIA+ in the past, that's a very risky move considering Mojang has been supporting the group for very long, just like most of us.

I'm saying this as someone who is an LGBTQIA+ ally.
1. I know.

2. They could easily modify the icon to be a creeper head in front of the flag, or they could change charged creepers to be rainbowy. While I may be pro LGBTQ+, I'm also a man who understands marketing. (While you could argue it's like chiseled sandstone, it isn't.) A little kid might be dumb enough to believe there's a chance they may find a rainbow creeper. I hate to see misinformed people, especially kids, who can be extremely stubborn. Somewhere out there might be a kid that thinks rainbow creepers and herobrine are real, despite being frequently told otherwise. (it may just be my extremely weird anxiety talking, tho). As a bonus, the head being made distinct would also make the icon follow the game's art style. SQUARES!!!

3. IDK if there's any criterea, but I also support LGBTQ+.

IAmPlayer
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: I'm a hellspawn.

Postby IAmPlayer » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:09 am

they literally changed it to normal again yesterday since 1.18's now in the circulation, so it stopped mattering i guess lol

then again, this whole thing about why ___ is kinda trivial

FutureNyanCat
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Species: Felis robotus

Postby FutureNyanCat » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:58 am

Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:17 pm
2. They could easily modify the icon to be a creeper head in front of the flag, or they could change charged creepers to be rainbowy. While I may be pro LGBTQ+, I'm also a man who understands marketing. (While you could argue it's like chiseled sandstone, it isn't.) A little kid might be dumb enough to believe there's a chance they may find a rainbow creeper. I hate to see misinformed people, especially kids, who can be extremely stubborn. Somewhere out there might be a kid that thinks rainbow creepers and herobrine are real, despite being frequently told otherwise. (it may just be my extremely weird anxiety talking, tho). As a bonus, the head being made distinct would also make the icon follow the game's art style. SQUARES!!!
I highly doubt any of this would happen. Official Minecraft news and posts have never mentioned anything about a super secret rainbow creeper in the game, at all. It's clear they know their intentions - to celebrate Pride. So I don't think a kid would mistake that for a "super secret rainbow creeper", by now we're all aware that the LGBTQIA+ is here with us, and it'll be easy for kids to understand as well.

A lot of logos use the rainbow flag as well for Pride stuff, like the SMBX Discord server icon and Yacht Club Games, so I think it'll be less confusing in that case.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:47 am

Minecraft Live will be happening in less than 30 hours from now. There will be a mob vote. Options are the Glare, that's not happy where hostile mobs can spawn, Allay, which picks up more of what you give him and the Copper Golem, who presses copper buttons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s58orudNZ94&t=30s

SethFawsitt
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: He

Re: Minecon Live

Postby SethFawsitt » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:55 am

Electriking wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:02 pm
It's back

https://youtu.be/Q5Z5pMNfmZY
Glad to see it's back:)

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:03 pm

Why is there two no options on the poll.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:52 pm

Sonya Sanchez wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:03 pm
Why is there two no options on the poll.
Because there were 2 mobs that didn't make it.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:20 pm

The question was kinda confusing since it asked if were okay with the mob that one and there was no yes and no!
Thanks for clearing it up!

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: phpBB > ProBoards

Postby ShadowXeldron » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:02 pm

Dragon0307 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:13 pm
That said, I'd like to see a spinoff announced. Maybe something unexpected, like an RTS? Also, when will we get news about that Minecraft movie?
Called it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JSjZqV-YK8

Return to “Video Games”