Princess' Visit Cliche [To be revised soon!]

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Sleepy Dee
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: waddle dee
Pronouns: he/they

Princess' Visit Cliche [To be revised soon!]

Postby Sleepy Dee » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:58 am

Inspired by "The Princess Cliche" by Redigit
Well ello folks! So I was randomly sitting down one night and decided to replay this old project of mine... and frankly it didn't hold up. But however I thought it could have some pretty cool potential! So here it is, I bring you the PRINCESS VISIT CLICHE COLLABATHON project. In an effort to make this ol' project the best version it can be.

Story
As the events of the original Princess Cliche fiasco died down, months later Mario and Luigi have came to Princess Peach's castle by invite as Princess Daisy of Sarasaland was visiting for a royal trip. But before they arrived, Bowser, his pesky son Bowser Jr., and his elite trio swooped by, and at first, intended to capture Peach. But snatched the wrong Princess! Now in a dire need of help, Princess Peach requests the Mario Bros. to run around her castle and enter the paintings to hunt down power stars to access Bowser's castle for the effort to rescue Daisy. With trouble brewing and new worlds to explore, they must collect them all and save Princess Daisy before more mayhem ensues!

Wanna join in on the collab?
Well my friend, everyone is welcomed to participate. In order to do so though, it's advised you join the official Discord server for this project by following the link below as communication and development progress can be easily managed and followed on it. This forum topic will be updated overtime with footage and stuff. Hope to see you there! :D
https://discord.gg/ts4ug9vf2v

LEGACY EDITION BELOW
Spoiler: show
Screenshots
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/147A4O4 ... sp=sharing
PSAS: Refer to CREDITS.txt for credits and this episode only works with SMBX2 Patch 1 Beta 4!
Last edited by Sleepy Dee on Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: The Princess' Visit Cliche

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:16 am

So is this SMBX episode a "successor" remake of the original Princess Cliche episode? It might had look like a decent remake if you had more time. But good work anyways!

Also, for a brief second, I thought you actually used my custom SEGA Mega Drive Mario sprites in this SMBX episode, judging by the first screenshot. :P

LGLMAKING
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: H E X
Pronouns: ask for pronouns

Postby LGLMAKING » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 pm

Really cool so far! The difficulty is consistent, the levels not too long and tidy. Only there's a softlock: You can't exit Bowser's castle by walking offscreen.

Sleepy Dee
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Sleepy Dee » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:33 pm

LGLMAKING wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:06 pm
Really cool so far! The difficulty is consistent, the levels not too long and tidy. Only there's a softlock: You can't exit Bowser's castle by walking offscreen.
Oh shoot I forgot to fix that before releasing, thanks for the heads up! I'll be dropping a patch later on.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:35 pm

There is also an inconsistency in Mario's Graphic in the screenshots and playing. Will give a review later.

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Postby Chanceux2 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:48 am

I Return an I would say GREAT JOB TO THIS EPISODE! I was missing out on one thing but who cares. I said I was gonna be gone for 4 days. Perhaps its one now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

At the end there was a debug problem. Its only because I was playing SMBX2 Beta 4. Not Patch 1. I was too lazy to wast my time and download Patch 1 so here you go.

lan vuhoang
Bit
Bit

Postby lan vuhoang » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:34 am

At the beginning, you just said that this will only work on SMBX2 beta 4 patch 1. Now that SMBX2b4 patch 2 was out, would it still work?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:10 pm

lan vuhoang wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:34 am
At the beginning, you just said that this will only work on SMBX2 beta 4 patch 1. Now that SMBX2b4 patch 2 was out, would it still work?

You can assume that it still works on later patches. Just tell us if it for some reason does not.

Super Wario Bros
Rex
Rex
Flair: Wario Land 2 > Mario Land 2

Postby Super Wario Bros » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:43 pm

Wow this looks like a lot of fun. Really like the Mario sprites.

litchh
Eerie
Eerie

Postby litchh » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:45 pm

There's no way from the Bowser's Castle if not enough stars. Better to place offscreen exit on the 1st section.

idruinn
Banned
Flair: Don't worry, be happy!

Postby idruinn » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:26 pm

I really enjoyed this episode. The offscreen exit in Bowser's Castle needs to be fixed. If you don't have the 8 stars you can't leave the level. Good job!

Sleepy Dee
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Sleepy Dee » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:40 pm

Seen some replies regarding the Bowser softlock thing, sorry! I'll be releasing a hotfix hopefully next week to fix the issue. I'm also gonna get rid of the "Mario only" thing and add Toad and Wario to the playables as well. Till then, cheers!

Sleepy Dee
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Sleepy Dee » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:00 pm

Alright, I finally got around to fixing the episode, and now Bowser's Castle outside area is fixed! I also updated the logo to the project and some minor things here and there like dialogue since I added Toad and Wario since its not just Mario anymore. Who'd refer Toad as Mario? Would be pretty weird. Anywho, the download has been updated. Until then, cheers!

Sleepy Dee
Hoopster
Hoopster

Re: Princess' Visit Cliche Collab

Postby Sleepy Dee » Thu May 12, 2022 10:11 pm

Hello ya'll! I'm just bumpin' this project to announce something big! This episode has been planned to be revised for a bit some time now after a revisit from myself to this old project and realizing it doesn't hold up well at all. And to make things fun, I decided to make it a community collaboration project! If you're interested about more information to this, please check the original top post to this thread or join the following Discord invite:
https://discord.gg/ts4ug9vf2v

Thanks for reading!

Return to “Episodes”