[2.4] Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.

Thoughts on the episode

Amazing - 5/5
57%
Great - 4/5
35%
Average - 3/5
3%
Eh - 2/5
2%
Bad - 1/5 (Elaborate)
2%

Total votes: 178
Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Re: [2.4] Luigi's Fight For The Mushroom Kingdom

Postby Cedur » Tue May 26, 2020 7:40 am

Yeah, I hope you don't remove the old download at any point.

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Tue May 26, 2020 2:00 pm

Enjl wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:57 am
Neat! The multi-select tool really is a boon after years of having to place everything manually and one-time, isn't it?
I think the thread being here is fine, considering it's an update to an already finished episode and the old download is still available for people to play.
Yeah, it's such a HUGE convenience being able to multi-select along with zooming in/out in the editor and some other features.
And alright, I don't plan on removing the old download until I finish remaking the levels anyways

Nadav
Spike
Spike

Postby Nadav » Wed May 27, 2020 3:42 am

reghrhre wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:00 pm
Enjl wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:57 am
Neat! The multi-select tool really is a boon after years of having to place everything manually and one-time, isn't it?
I think the thread being here is fine, considering it's an update to an already finished episode and the old download is still available for people to play.
Yeah, it's such a HUGE convenience being able to multi-select along with zooming in/out in the editor and some other features.
And alright, I don't plan on removing the old download until I finish remaking the levels anyways
You shouldn't replace the link, you should just add this new link, I mean 2 links, the old one, and the new one, so people who use version 1.3 can still download it.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Wed May 27, 2020 3:47 am

Nadav wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:42 am
You shouldn't replace the link, you should just add this new link, I mean 2 links, the old one, and the new one, so people who use version 1.3 can still download it.
As outlined a bit earlier in the conversation you were responding to, the new version will still be 1.3 compatible.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Wed May 27, 2020 2:09 pm

Well, for the current download, I notice three save files with already three stars (not a problem but still worth noting for 1.3 users who don't know how to delete saves), and the SMBX2 launcher says there were five stars in the game?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Fri May 29, 2020 3:41 am

Is the Waluigi boss fight (World 2) even possible without a fire flower? Are you supposed to kill the fighter fly in the 2nd phase?
EDIT: I could somehow progress just by taking damage on that fighter fly, but still, it was confusing every time I did this boss, so you might definitely want to look into that

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Fri May 29, 2020 2:04 pm

Yeah, the new version will still be compatible with 1.3.
Cedur wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 3:41 am
Is the Waluigi boss fight (World 2) even possible without a fire flower? Are you supposed to kill the fighter fly in the 2nd phase?
EDIT: I could somehow progress just by taking damage on that fighter fly, but still, it was confusing every time I did this boss, so you might definitely want to look into that
I'll have to look into the current download and see. Could've sworn all save files were removed. And not sure why it says there's 5 stars in the game when there's only 3 so the launcher is probably bugging.
As for the Waluigi boss fight, the whole fight is possible without power ups. At one point when the screen doesn't get stuck in a fixed position, if you go all the way to the right, there's an angry chomp that spits out veggies at the player. You just pick up the veggies from the chomp and then throw it at whatever's necessary. I'll likely make it more obvious since that fight can be a little confusing.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Fri May 29, 2020 4:11 pm

does that veggie chomp spawn after a set amount of time? (I almost guess, it was probably a wild coincidence that it did when I hurt myself on the fighter fly)

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Sat May 30, 2020 3:26 am

The veggie chomp spawns after you kill the fighter fly which. I wonder if your game just bugs out or what, coz I never had any bugs from the fight.

EDIT: First world is done being remade. I still feel like the levels are definitely more shorter, but a bit long at the same time. Does anyone wanna try the levels and tell me if they think so or not?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:12 am

The aircraft level "???" in World 5 annoys me in every run. This one could definitely be considered nerfing. Could you also check if this level can be finished in Beta 4? I had some issues (a message of "couldn't load level" --> death and world map gfx screwed up) and I needed to edit it manually to progress.

Also there should be a powerup after the checkpoint of Lava Pit.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:30 am

I completed my replay.

In Tower of Outlandish Toads, I died (as usual) to the General Toad boss fight. Since it's 2 phases even, I'd suggest to outsource it into a boss level of its own (like the previous worlds) so you don't have to redo the second half of the level on top.

Also a boss at the end of World 6 would be nice.

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:09 pm

Thanks for replaying it, Cedur. I'll try to work on all those things you mentioned.

Idk if there's much people paying attention to this but I finished remaking the boss in 2-4, so I'm making decent progress overall.

Archived
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Archived » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:17 pm

Archived
Last edited by Archived on Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:09 am

Eclipsed wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:17 pm
reghrhre wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:09 pm
Ping
Could you make a changelog of only the changes in the episode. I've already beaten this and would like to just view the changes only.
Yeah, I plan on doing that

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:29 am

I'm mainly just posting this to see if the music choice is alright. This is a slightly modified version of 3-6 (which is where I'm at as far as progress goes). I could prob tone the difficulty a bit since I added more enemies as a result of having the Piranha Pipe so early in the level.
Last edited by reghrhre on Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア

Postby Wohlstand » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:20 am

Enjl wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:33 am
(the downside being that those versions are used by nobody)
(lol, if you will look at Chinese chats and outside of SMBX Forum, you'll find that it's used a lot. Also, users were reporting me bugs that they finding while play various vanilla episodes. Mac users since Catalina have no choice, SMBX2 and SMBX38A won't work due to complete 32-bit ABI support drop. Some years later, Mac users will have ARM processors and will be not able to play any Windows games without of a major performance cost due to x86 emulation.)

Doki
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Doki » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:30 pm

reghrhre wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:26 am
The veggie chomp spawns after you kill the fighter fly which. I wonder if your game just bugs out or what, coz I never had any bugs from the fight.

EDIT: First world is done being remade. I still feel like the levels are definitely more shorter, but a bit long at the same time. Does anyone wanna try the levels and tell me if they think so or not?
I have played your episode more than 3 times and I can say with confidence
1-1 short
1-2 does not need changes
1-3 Perfect
1-4 Can be increased
1-5 perfect

Archived
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Archived » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:15 pm

Archived
Last edited by Archived on Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justin Bieber Fan
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Flair: Disguised SMW Hacker

Postby Justin Bieber Fan » Sat May 29, 2021 2:01 am

Well, i really liked the episode, it have great graphics, athmosphere, music, level design, its very polished and awesome, but i think the difficult is insane i started getting frustrated and no longer enjoying it due do it. sadly we cant use savestates in smbx, i stopped playing at ''operation keel'' level at world 2, i think the remaining worlds will be harder and its better to stop playing this episode... well i feel glad for all these pro player who can beat the episode, but i was unable to continue trying...
Last edited by Justin Bieber Fan on Sat May 29, 2021 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexx0612
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Alexx0612 » Sun May 01, 2022 4:00 am

Is there a remake of your episode for SMBX2 coming soon?

Return to “Episodes”