The Invasion into The Great Empire (Fun Fiction)

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
litchh
Eerie
Eerie

The Invasion into The Great Empire (Fun Fiction)

Postby litchh » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:45 am

Ladies and gentlemen!
Let's start with disclaimer!
That's right, with disclaimer.
All characters in this episode are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, forum members, events, etc. is purely coincidental. This episode is not pretend to be a sequel or a prequel or any another part of any SMBX episode series ever. It's just fun fiction.

Plot:
Spoiler: show
btw, cheating with changing character on the world map will not help you :3
Episode is compatible with 0.7.2 version of LunaLua and have two parts in:
First one is main, can be completed without LunaLua (don't recommended).
Extra part starts after the Lunar Gate, which can be reached after the main part is done. Save 3 allows you to start directly before this part.
Difficulty may be tough sometimes, also they are some puzzles which aren't looking as puzzles. Or looking so - depends of your perception. Anyway, you'd better bet on your skill than any powerups.

[!] This episode is not intended to coop playing. Moreover, starting from SMBX 1.3.0.2 there is only single 1p mode actually available in this episode. I don't care if you would get something wrong in coop mode playing.

Screenshots:
Who did it?! :x :evil: :x :evil: :x

litchh - Unoriginal story and levels, some remixes and graphics
Knux - Creator of The Great Empire (first three), starring character's (fixed by litchh) & another custom graphics
Redigit - Creator of SMBX, The Invasion, The Invasion 2, original worldmap & levels
Electriking, Willhart, WerewolfGD, Enjl, Imaynotbehere4long, SAJewers - Level Prototypes, custom graphics
FanofSMBX, Valtteri, Sednaiur, zephyr, bossedit8 and other people - Various custom graphics
Wohlstand - PGE, dummy NPCs, coins and blocks
SilvaGunner, raocow - Soundtrack

Download

Patch1
Last edited by litchh on Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ryuji231
Blooper
Blooper

Re: The Invasion into The Great Empire (Fun Fiction)

Postby Ryuji231 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:33 pm

downloading now

The house of Sorrow made me...
Last edited by aero on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:30 pm

This looks like a great SMBX Fun Fiction. And if only I know who the hero of the story is... Knux of Valtteri?

mariogeek2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby mariogeek2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:10 pm

WOW! ...Just, wow! An episode that doesn't require SMBX 2.0 Beta 24 X Alpha Pro Skater Madden NBA 2k19 & Knuckles! Thank you litchh! I'll be sure to give this one a go! And I'll also probably review it.

xDestroy
Nipper
Nipper

Postby xDestroy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:28 pm

This is the best idea ever for a episode, good work; ill edit this post for my review once i play the game more

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:32 am

Can this be played in 2.0? (I ask since you state "compatible with lua version 0.7.2" and there have been further versions since)

litchh
Eerie
Eerie

Postby litchh » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:56 am

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:This looks like a great SMBX Fun Fiction. And if only I know who the hero of the story is... Knux of Valtteri?
Welp
Knux - Creator of The Great Empire (first three)
Cedur wrote:Can this be played in 2.0? (I ask since you state "compatible with lua version 0.7.2" and there have been further versions since)
I tested it on Beta 3, so it should be playable.

Osel Debilov
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Osel Debilov » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:14 am

it didn't stolen
Last edited by Osel Debilov on Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Goomba
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby Grand Goomba » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:03 pm

This looks great and I'd like to try it, but please make a Download Link for MediaFire. I don't use Google Drive. I download from Dropbox or MediaFire. If possible, could you please set it up soon?

litchh
Eerie
Eerie

Postby litchh » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:03 am

Since I was creating that thing compatible with 0.7.2 version of LunaLua & 1.3.0.2 version of SMBX, I used earlier API versions, including cinematX.lua for some extra levels, which may cause some graphical glitches while playing in SMBX 1.3.0.2. That's why I updated episode's archive and added Patch1

Regarding post requesting mediafire link - I have limited space for uploading and also people requested before to not place episodes on mediafire. So I decided to place large things on google drive mostly and use mediafire for separate levels and so on.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:22 am

Dead memes, the episode.
IIRC Darkonius for one specifically asked me to stop with the onions in 2k1x games after Redemption or so, 2 years ago. The joke was getting stale back then anyway so we stopped.

Also the fact that I'm being listed next to a literal pschopath with only Camacho in between makes me uncomfortable.

After playing.. yeah basically the first line. I got bored at the kill-all-enemies temple and just shadowstar'd through the rest while outright skipping all the painfully slow autoscrollers in the way. The problem with making satirical levels is always that you ask people to play your satirical levels, so making them actually enjoyable to play would be a good first step, don't you think?

GoombaQueen
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: NO

Postby GoombaQueen » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:18 am

OMG poor Toad :'(

galsuper
Goomba
Goomba

Postby galsuper » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:13 am

lol

litchh
Eerie
Eerie

Postby litchh » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:13 am

I know, this episode is kinda crappy, but I still have to update this because of some critical bugs. Why now, 2 years later? Welp, those bugs all happens under certain conditions which aren't evident. And most of them are in Post-game, which has more lunadll & lunalua codes.

Changelog:
- Fixed bug on 2-nd checkpoint on the Great Castle
- Fixed bug on 2-nd checkpoint on Heatman's stage (it could break if player died more than once after get it)
- Fixed sudden death after finishing Volkmire's Inferno (it could happen if player died on the last phase before replaying)
- Added hint marks for spiked level which point at something to help complete the hardest part (hint marks appears if player died a lot, it works with lunalua only) - I had to add this, because most players could not guess about that (sorry I was sure it's nearly obvious)
- Rewrited all lunalua codes with "findblocks" & "findnpcs". PAL is not recommended to play though.
Download link has been replaced.

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Postby ElTipsta » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:53 pm

thank you once again Eclipsed for letting us know about this masterpiece

Return to “Episodes”