RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Re: YouTube's bell is unnecessary

Postby RudeGuy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:00 am

Fuyu wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:39 am
At the same time doing this goes against my principles. I watch my favourite creators because I enjoy their content, but if I don't contribute to their ad revenue by using this system I'm doing a huge disservice towards their effort. Yes, they do what they do because they enjoy it, but I sure as hell wouldn't work anywhere regardless of whether I liked it there or not without getting a single penny out of it.
Some would argue if the ad system is even a good way for youtubers to get revenue. Nobody likes watching ads. Most youtubers have a patreon or at least some way of getting money through donations, and I prefer that a lot more.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:57 am

RudeGuy wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:00 am
Fuyu wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:39 am
At the same time doing this goes against my principles. I watch my favourite creators because I enjoy their content, but if I don't contribute to their ad revenue by using this system I'm doing a huge disservice towards their effort. Yes, they do what they do because they enjoy it, but I sure as hell wouldn't work anywhere regardless of whether I liked it there or not without getting a single penny out of it.
Some would argue if the ad system is even a good way for youtubers to get revenue. Nobody likes watching ads. Most youtubers have a patreon or at least some way of getting money through donations, and I prefer that a lot more.
Patreon donors, channel members and superchatters make up a minority of a YouTuber's audience. In general, the inconvenience of watching ads outweighs the fact that they allow one to financially support a content creator without losing their own money (which is its own inconvenience). Donating to YouTubers is not an option for everyone, and donating to every creator you like becomes less of an option as the number increases.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:08 am

I'm only annoyed from the bell when I get notifications of someone replying to a comment I long forgot

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Fuyu » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:08 am
I'm only annoyed from the bell when I get notifications of someone replying to a comment I long forgot
It's more infuriating when you get such notification but not from a more recent post.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"

Re: General Youtube/Twitch/Video Thread

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:09 am

Wanna know what I seriously Don't understand about my videos on YouTube? My two most viewed videos on my main YouTube channel (1's a gameplay video of 8-bit Hero on the Wiiu (currently at 7K+ views), and the other's a gameplay video of arcade archives version of Donkey Kong Jr. on the Nintendo Switch. (currently at 2K+ views)), they were made and uploaded in about a hour or less worth of my time. And when I spend the same amount of time on short videos, they don't get the same amount of views as in the 2 gameplay videos...

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:10 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:09 am
Wanna know what I seriously Don't understand about my videos on YouTube? My two most viewed videos on my main YouTube channel (1's a gameplay video of 8-bit Hero on the Wiiu (currently at 7K+ views), and the other's a gameplay video of arcade archives version of Donkey Kong Jr. on the Nintendo Switch. (currently at 2K+ views)), they were made and uploaded in about a hour or less worth of my time. And when I spend the same amount of time on short videos, they don't get the same amount of views as in the 2 gameplay videos...
Probably relevance. There's barely any video about 8bit hero, which makes some chunk of views. The rest of the LP vids are done many times by other creators.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:26 pm

glitch4 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:10 pm
Well, I could've figured this one out in a few year period. And mah best guess on why mah Arcade Archives: Donkey Kong Jr. gameplay video is giving mah main YouTube channel's view count, is probably because many 1980's gamers having nostalgia for (Nintendo)'s arcade games from the early 80's imo....

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:46 pm

BUMP!

I wonder if anyone in the whole Super Mario Bros. X community are fans of any of abridged series on YouTube? :idea:

Jumper
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Jumper » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:52 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:46 pm

BUMP!

I wonder if anyone in the whole Super Mario Bros. X community are fans of any of abridged series on YouTube? :idea:
Are you talking about stuff like Dragon Ball Z Abridged?
If so, I love them. They are hilarious, even with some shows/movies I've never seen/heard of before.

One of my favorite scenes from an Abridged series has got to be the Soup Store bit. Seriously, look it up if you haven't seen it yet.

3UP_Moon
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Pronouns: He/him

Postby 3UP_Moon » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:46 am

Hey if anybody is interested in checking out some retro-game playthroughs ~ I just started a new channel on Twitch.tv called 3UP_Moon

http://www.twitch.tv/3UP_Moon

It's where I've been playing through retro RPGs (like Earthbound, Pokemon, Final Fantasy 9, etc.) and SMW Rom Hacks, plus retro game randomizers (Link to the Past, SMB3, Super Mario Land 2, etc.) ~ I stream daily from 1:00PM PST onward, if you can catch me there~ If not, I've also got a YouTube channel with my entire stream archive and all my playthroughs (if that's your sort of thing~)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4HcCk ... nDygObrESQ

Added in 48 seconds:
I've been streaming using OBS software and it's been going pretty well so far, hoping to soon upgrade my microphone set-up. and I'm open to hearing about what other people use?

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Fuyu » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:42 am

This anime opening is such a banger. I will never regret being a Re:Zero fan.

Re:ZERO Life in a different world from zero - Operning 4 - Long Shot
Spoiler: show

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real

Postby krakin » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:53 pm

So I decided to search my old cringey channels on Youtube.
boy, it stinks in here: show
The first one terribleplushiepatches, I made in September of 2015. Also if you haven't noticed, it says ChicaMario64 in the URL, which was back when I actually thought FNaF was my friend, which I never speak of that series ever again. "Patches" is the name of a stuffed animal dog that I still have to this day lol. Most of the content of this crappy channel consists of garbage playthroughs of Roblox, some low effort plushie videos, and some mildly boring animations I made too. I had also set some unrealistic subscriber goals, which they sound extremely cringey, like who in their right mind would get to a million subscribers with content like that? Also that pixel art is kinda cringe tbh. have another channel that I made earlier, in August of 2015 that has slightly better content and is a little easier on the eyes, albeit far less content. It's also gone through a few name changes too, it used to be called "BarryKoopa" and then "Lemmy" since that was my username on Google+, currently it's koopakid2002. The only videos uploaded are a couple Hotel Mario YTPs, some random music video thingy (?), and hey look at that, a SMBX video of the Invasion 2! This is surprisingly the first channel I made on Youtube, and I'm planning on changing its name again soon and uploading content to it again in the future, new, better content as well as the dog water content from the plushie channel, since I lost the password for it >w>.
Feel free to make fun of these channels as much as you want, and if I remember correctly, there were a couple of videos showcasing my voice >w<, although I think I was making a weird voice in a couple of them. I also found a random video with me in it sticking a pencil in a sharpener, yay voice/person reveal lol. As for the channels I was subscribed to, don't really watch those anymore. I was like 12 at the time that I made these videos, DON'T JUDGE ME. Brb, bout to have a cringe-fest watching some of my old videos lmao. Oh, and that collab with Oswald Menner ain't a real collab, it's just me making a stupid voice pretending to be someone else cause I was lonely, I don't know who Jason is either? All I remember is that I wanted to be a boy back then lol

francisbaud
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby francisbaud » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:54 pm

A video I find particularly interesting, about a bizarre behavior objects display when they're subjected to rotation.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real

Postby krakin » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:33 am

she's back guys

Return to “Sandbox”