first level

Subforum for the SMBX Chocolate Level Contest 2021.
wyldstrykr
Bit
Bit

first level

Postby wyldstrykr » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:22 am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12ANwmY ... sp=sharing

if you have time, do you mind testing this?? just to make sure its properly running.
readme file to follow.
advance ty and sorry for the large size.

edit: added a workaround to the bug to make sure it doesnt happen and adjusted some numbers and npc location to make something more obvious
Last edited by wyldstrykr on Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunatic_Quark
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: AKA Lunikyuu

Re: first level

Postby Lunatic_Quark » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:08 am

Near the end of section 2 I accidentally threw a Ball Rabbit on top of another ball rabbit and it flew off at near light speed and SMBX crashed with this message:
Spoiler: show
Also I'm just wondering, what's with Mario randomly teleporting left and right after you spinjump once? Is it to discourage the player from spinjumping? If so I feel like that could be explained better (or even implemented in a better way) because it took me several tries to realize spinjumping even caused it to happen in the first place. On a similar note it took me a long time to realize that the crows on the secret path were generated when the ball rabbit hit the edge of the screen.

wyldstrykr
Bit
Bit

Re: first level

Postby wyldstrykr » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:59 am

ill try to fiX the error. ty.
Spoiler: show
yes, i discourage the player from spinjumping. my line of thinking is that after player spin jumped, the player becomes diZZy that he randomly teleports 1 square either from the left and right. the 2 mushroom after the first pipe will make the player think "why there are 3 mushrooms?" if they didnt get it. maybe ill adjust the numbers to make it more obvious if i cant find a good way to eXplain with without teXt.

also yes. the crows were generated to penaliZed the player for letting the ball rabbit goes at the end of the screen. since the sprite were big maybe i should adjust the numbers and probably introduction to the crow spawn.
ty for the reply.

Return to “ChoccyCon 2021”