Diorama Contest 2021 - RESULTS!

Forum for the 2021 February Contest, which is about Dioramas!

Moderator: Event Organizers

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Diorama Contest 2021 - RESULTS!

Postby Emral » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:10 am

The results are here! And so is the episode!

Spoiler: show
DisasterMaster - Toil and Trouble: 34/50
MrCaves - Flashwave: 45/50
Waddle - Sick-Ass Bog Jog: 47.66/50
The remaining placements, in order, can be found below:
4th: SuperAlex - Ancient Bridge in Disguise: 22/50
5th: Dragonfan96 - Hollow Point Falls: 19.66/60
5th: Btd456Creeper - Monument Valley: 19.66/50
Congratulations to the top 3 and thanks for participating!
If you're curious about the detailed reviews, please follow the links below:
Sancles' reviews
Walder's reviews
ShadowStarX's reviews

There are 19 medals this time around. They're visible in the episode, and also exist as userbars for you to brag with! Below in the spoiler are all of them, arranged by user.

And that's it for the rewards! Thanks again to all for participating. If you have or have not participated and have any feedback, please post it in this thread. The theme was certainly experimental, and the timeframe intentionally shorter, so I'm curious as to how those were received.

Coming up next in terms of contests will be a Vanilla Contest with no strings attached! We've had a lot of themes recently so it'd be neat to cool off a little. If you're interested in judging that, slots are still open!

DisasterMaster
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Re: Diorama Contest 2021 - RESULTS!

Postby DisasterMaster » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:32 pm

Congratulations Waddle! Your level was absolutely beautiful and the automaton mechanic was masterfully done. I love how you had to manipulate the environment by dropping platforms to setup the lasers to break obstacles. The gameplay felt so organic.

Also congratulations to MrCaves. I always have a blast with your levels and this was literally no exception...especially with dodging "mah lazers". It took me back to playing old flash games and the flowing water mechanic was fun to navigate. And SMBX needs more unique bosses like yours at the end.

But I'd also like to say good job to everyone else that participated.

SuperAlex, it was fun trying to navigate the wind mechanic while platforming through your level. The atmosphere of an ancient crumbling bridge shined through.

dragonfan96, I liked the little jaunt through the forest and dark ancient ruins. It felt very alive and vibrant.

Btd456Creeper, shifting between the 2 different level layouts is a cool mechanic.

Return to “Diorama Contest 2021”