Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Wonders Beyond - Prologue + Chapter 1

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.

Do you liked the chapters? Should I do more (6/10 or more)

1/10 - Trash story
No votes
2/10 - Bad story
No votes
3/10 - Quite bad story
No votes
4/10 - Could be better
No votes
5/10 - Meh
No votes
6/10 - Good story
No votes
7/10 - Great Story
33%
8/10 - Awesome Story
33%
9/10 - Outstanding Story
No votes
10/10 - AMAZING STORY! (Let's be honest, this story is a solid 8/10, maybe 9/10, not a 10/10. Also Sonic Colors themed positive options Good! - Great! - Awesome! - Outstanding! - AMAZING!)
33%

Total votes: 3
Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: A beginner Mario-level modder that also uses SMBX.
Pronouns: He/him/

Saw someone making short stories about Sonic, so...

Postby Lucario » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:11 pm

I'm making a light novel about Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. The main character is me, Pedro (my real name, and this will be one of the only instances you'll read it :lol: ) and the name of the novel is: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Wonders Beyond.

You guys don't even wonder whose Pokémon I chose for being the main character's new form. :lol:

Anyway, should I post the story?

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Wonders Beyond - Prologue + Chapter 1

Postby Lucario » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:41 am

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Wonder Beyond

Disclaimer: Pokémon belongs to Nintendo; this is just a fan fiction with a fanplot inspired in other Nintendo plots.

Prologue:

Our 11-years old protagonist, Pedro, had a day which messed with his head. He went to play on his backyard with his Pokémon: Riolu, White-Flower Flabébé, Trapinch, Maractus, Drowzee and Vivillon. All of them were eggs found by its mom and dad, which both work at a daycare center.

While he was playing, he tripped and fell on a big hole in the backyard, which he thought it was his Trapinch that made the seemingly deep hole, so he felt a bit safer, since his Trapinch pranked him a lot. However, he noticed how much time he was falling and how deep the hole was and he saw his Flabébé and Vivillon desperate and concerned, which made him scared.

Flabébé and Vivillon used Psychic, but they weren’t strong enough to lift him. So, sadly, our protagonist Pedro fell and blacked out. When he woke up, he was in some sort of white void.

Chapter 1 – A disturbing experience

- Where am I? – said Pedro in a despairing tone. – It’s all white and lonely, it makes me feel scared... Is something going on? Was that where the hole ended? AM I DEAD?!

- Wow, wow, wow! From everyone who went there you are DEFINETIVELY the most paranoid one! – said a mysterious girly voice.

- Who are you? Where we are? What do you mean by “everyone”? – immediately responded anxiously our protagonist.

- Well, I’m right here! – said the voice showing that she was a Mismagius.

- A talking Pokémon? Do you know this place? You’re a ghost, right? SO THAT MEANS I’M DEAD?! – exclaimed the boy.

- TOO MANY QUESTIONS! CALM DOWN! – screamed the mysterious Pokémon – Just relax. This is normal. I’ll explain.

- First a few questions: your name, your gender, and your favorite non-evolved Pokémon? – talked Mismagius in a serious tone.

- I’m… I’m… I FORGOT! HOW CAN I FORGET MY NAME?! – yelled Pedro.

- Remember what I said? I already told you! This. Is. Normal. – answered the Ghost-type Pokémon angrily.

- OK, I forgot my name, somehow… I’m a boy and my favorite Pokémon is Riolu. Any more ques- WAIT A MINUTE! – screamed in a mix of angry-scared tone. – WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THOSE PERSONAL THINGS?

- The questionary is done. Goodbye! – said Mismagius, as she teleports away.

Our name-forgotten protagonist was left astonished and froze in fear for 5 minutes. When he was trying to stop the drama, he realized he was REALLY frozen!

- Wait! Why can’t I move? I think this have something with Misma- AAAUGH! – exclaimed our protagonist, in fear, when he notices he is shining blue. – WHAT IS THIS? WHY IS THIS LIGHT A BIT FAMILIAR?

Instantly, he has a flashback of its battle: his Spewpa VS his Trapinch, with the light surrounding the Scatterdust Pokémon and evolving it Vivillon. He noticed if these lights were not extremely familiar, they were identic.

After remembering that, his mind was overflowing traumatizing thoughts, questioning what would happen to himself. Pedro decided to ignore and just let it happen. After “thawing”, he fainted once again. After waking up, he noticed that there was a river next to it.

- Where did that river came from? Was it there the whole time? – said our protagonist with curiosity. – Well, perfect timing, then! I’m really thirsty!
He drank water from the river, but then he saw his reflex there and Pedro immediately started to be positive, after seeing he transformed into a Riolu.

- Drowzee, you got me! Great prank, now please stop making me dream! I transformed into a Pokémon, a thing that wouldn’t really happen normally! Wake me up! I’m not a fool! – exclaimed the Emanation Pokémon.

He repeated 5 times, but no avail. The truth was revealed to him, and he really was aura-possessing Pokémon, Riolu.
- But how’s that possible… THE LIGHT! THE STUPID MISMAGIUS! THE HOLE! - angrily screamed Pedro – Mismagius! Come here right now are my name isn’t… isn’t… Ugh! Still nameless…

Then, he heard 5 distinct voices saying:

- Riolu, you are our only hope! Save us! Save us! – said the voices.
He didn’t know where the voices came, and even if he wanted to help, he couldn’t take a step thanks to its new body, new legs, new hands, and more. Before he had the chance to respond, our hero was falling out of the vast blue sky, which shocked him a lot.

- Insult to injury! More falling! Argh! – screamed in a mix of a scared, angry and sad feeling.

Once again, he collapsed as soon as he reached land. He fell on Revelation Mountain, a considered sacred mountain for the villagers next to it, that (not a surprise! :| ) are all talking Pokémon. Some had human origin (1 to 10 Pokémon on the whole world, specially Yamask, Gengar and Starter Pokémon), but they’re all outnumbered by the massive quantity of naturally talking Pokémon. When Riolu woke up, he saw a familiar face on the evolutionary line.
Last edited by Lucario on Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Wonders Beyond - Prologue + Chapter 1

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:20 pm

When you said in the disclaimer about this being "Just a fan comic", did you meant Fan Fiction? But I'll play "Mister Nice-Guy", and cut you some slack since you're just a kid. ^-^"

P.S. I'm looking forward to future chapters to this, despite me NEVER ever played any of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games mah whole life. I'm really only interested in the main Pokémon games & the gaiden games tbh.

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:00 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:20 pm
When you said in the disclaimer about this being "Just a fan comic", did you meant Fan Fiction? But I'll play "Mister Nice-Guy", and cut you some slack since you're just a kid. ^-^"

P.S. I'm looking forward to future chapters to this, despite me NEVER ever played any of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games mah whole life. I'm really only interested in the main Pokémon games & the gaiden games tbh.
OK thanks Firey! :D Also, this story is heavily based on Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon (most of the plot) and somewhat inspired in Poképark 2 (in the dark parts of the plot). So you're spoiler warned if you ever have any interest! :!:

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Wonders Beyond - Chapter 2

Postby Lucario » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:06 pm

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Wonder Beyond

Disclaimer: Pokémon belongs to Nintendo; this is just a fan fiction with a fanplot inspired in other Nintendo plots.

Chapter 2 – Why is this place Revelation Mountain? Easy, it reveals what you want or don’t want to know…

- Are you OK, pal? – said Lucario, the only member of Riolu’s evolutionary line, not counting mega-evolutions, of course. :lol:

- By OK you mean totally covered in fear, for waking up on a random mountain with a talking Lucario on top of it! – answered the Emanation Pokémon, without a shred of patience.

- OK, I can see you’re angry.– answered Lucario - By the way, what’s your name?

- She made me forgot my name! – responded the nameless baby Pokémon.

- She who? – responded the Aura Pokémon, confused as ever.

- Forget it! I still need a name! – answered a nameless Riolu.

- How about Aura? – spoke Lucario, in the middle of this messed up situation, but realizing by the looks on the Emanation Pokémon’s face that he wasn’t pulling a trick on him.

- Yeah. The name is cool. – said Aura, more relieved.

Three Beheeyem were chatting next to it. Suddenly, they turned black and their eyes turn a glowing dark-red. Following this strange visual changes, they tried to fire Psybeam at Riolu and his buddy. Lucario then started to run, while carrying Aura on its arms.

- I can’t use moves! – said Riolu.

- Well, why not? – talked Lucario.

- Because… It’s hard to say… - answered Aura – It’s too weird and nobody would believe on it...

- Just say it. A lot of weird things happen in here. – said Lucario with a playful tone.

- I… I… I WAS HUMAN! I was a human! I don’t remember my name, my family and can’t use any moves! I only remember being trapped in a white void and falling sky-high into this mountain! – whispered Lucario.

- That’s… Pretty hard to believe… - said Lucario – You’re not pulling a trick on me, are you?

- No! I’m not! I swear! – spoke Aura in a hurry.

- OK, I believe you… - said nervously Lucario.

- I have an idea! A Pokémon can use moves! – said the Emanation Pokémon. – Do you know any? I can’t use moves because, you know, I’m like a newborn in this world…

- I WOULD use moves, except I’m not! I’m carrying you, and since you can’t run since, you’re human with a new body that you aren’t familiar with! If I fire a move, you can get hurt by mistake! – said Lucario.

- So, what do we do? They’re catching up! – asked Riolu.

Then, Aura joined his hands together and made a round hole between them. He concentrated a bit of willpower (thoughts like “We’ll do it!” and those things that happen EVERY SINGLE DRAMATIC FANFIC), which came to life and turned blue, his first move: Aura Sphere. When he noticed the powerful energy on its hands, he quickly tried to fire the blue ball at them, which was more than needed to make they “snap out of it”.

- Wow! For a recent “newborn” on this world, your first move was quite powerful! – said Lucario.

- Thanks, I guess! – answered happily Aura.

They climbed down Revelation Mountain and came to its house on Lively Town with it.

- So, even though you don’t remember a lot, you need to learn about this world. So, I’m sending you to a school, OK? – told Lucario.

- More than okay! I still can write and read though, and I actually walked a bit on our way to your house! – said Aura.

- Actually, our house… - answered Lucario. – If you don’t live with me, you’d be homeless. I wouldn’t want that!

- Thanks, Lucario! You’re such a nice guy! – Aura said joyfully, with tears on its eyes, crying off the happiness overflow.

Lucario wiped his tears, they hugged and the rest of the day was a pretty casual day in Lively Town (pretty similar to the real world things but with a Pokémon twist).

They had a great father-son relationship for some time, both of them learning about their respective worlds, traditions and more. After 2 whole months, Aura was ready to learn a lot more about this world and go to the Lively Town’s School. However, a really memorable experience happened the day before its school debut.
Last edited by Lucario on Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Wonders Beyond - Chapter 2

Postby Lucario » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:08 pm

This fanfic seems so cringe... :oops: I'm not sure if someone want more chapters of this "shows we make fun of" style. So, I'm opening a poll to you share your thoughts (be honest, voting 1/10 will not hurt my feelings, it will only make me try better ;) ) Voting begin!

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:03 pm

Oh yeah, forgot once again (forgetful me), the plot's start will be based on Poképark 2's start and Super Pokémon Mystery Dungeon *(SO YEAH I'M COPYING NINTENDO FILES)

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:53 pm

not cringe, really like this fanfic
I don't really read pokemon fanfics as much as splatoon ones, but for a pokemon fanfic, this ain't that bad

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Lucario » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:24 am

Rhosty wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:53 pm
not cringe, really like this fanfic
I don't really read pokemon fanfics as much as splatoon ones, but for a pokemon fanfic, this ain't that bad
Gee, thanks, Rhosty! :D

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

I'm on the peak of cancelling my PMD series...

Postby Lucario » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:09 pm

It has been almost a month I made this series, and it seems that it got almost no attention at all... (Firey and Rhosty, I think are the only people who readed so) :( So, I'm gonna create a poll if should I continue or not to make my forgettable PMD series!

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Should I continue making my PMD fanfic?

Postby Lucario » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:12 pm

Attend the poll upwards plz. Reply if you have anything else to add. :D Also, I know SMBX is now a lot inactive, but still, the General, Levels and dare I say even LunaLua sections is still as active as ever! :(

P4VL0VSKEY
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: Multi-talented
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby P4VL0VSKEY » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:26 am

I rated your story 7/10 because I liked it, but didn't give it a higher rating because I don't know much about pokemon. What do you think of describing more of the Pokemon world in the following chapters (which I hope you will write)? ;) :D

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Wonders Beyond - Chapter 3

Postby Lucario » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:52 am

P4VL0VSKEY wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:26 am
I rated your story 7/10 because I liked it, but didn't give it a higher rating because I don't know much about pokemon. What do you think of describing more of the Pokemon world in the following chapters (which I hope you will write)? ;) :D
I thought of continuing it, I will! But, I'm so distracted with other things I need to do and the other things I like that I will write the story a bit slower than usual. Like, starting from now, once a week, and maybe earlier?

Added in 50 minutes 2 seconds:
Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Wonders Beyond - Chapter 3
Chapter 3 – The day before the first day in Pokémon School…

Aura was thinking about the traditions of Revelation Mountain and how he said he was sacred and had major importance on the village. The Emanation Pokémon also still remembers how the peak of Revelation Mountain was the first place it came to be as a Pokémon, and he saw Lucario, on the mountain as well.

- Hey, Lucario! – I want to ask something: if Revelation Mountain is sacred as you say, what were you doing on it the first day you met me? – questioned Riolu.

- Seeing unusual activity. – answered Lucario. – Revelation Mountain is known of being sacred, but I never told you how weird it is. Last year, there was another incident involving another human transforming to Pokémon…

Cutting short Lucario’s phrase, Aura instantly said, astonished:

- ANOTHER?!

- Yes, Revelation Mountain is a pure manifestation of crazy things and sacred things. – answered Lucario. – Yes, last year, another human marked history of one of our world’s first human-dwellers! He was a Riolu too! There was a whole confusion involving Pokémon turning to stone, timestopping…

- Woah! – said Riolu. – And I thought MY ORIGIN was crazy!

After some discussion involving the whole spoiler of Super PMD and PMD: Explores of Time/Darkness/Sky plots, White-Florges (his neighbor) called him to pick up White-Flabebé because she needed to go somewhere else and oculdn’t go to the Pokémon School.

- Aura, Florges here called me to pickup her daughter from the school you’ll study! Wanna come see? – said Lucario.

- Yeah, of course!

Arriving at Pokémon School, the school doorkeeper, Hypno, welcomed the Emanation and Aura Pokémon. Then, he saw a professor, who was a overcautious Passimian, panicking without any classmates in class.

- What happened, Pass? – said Lucario. – I’m here to pickup Flabébé because Florges can’t…

- I ALREADY RECEIVED A CALL! BUT SHE ISN’T HERE! ALL STUDENTS… - panicked even more Passimian - …ARE ON A INTERACTIVE CLASS OF LEARNING HOW TO USE THEIR POWERS, SO WE SIMULATED A WOODS ENVIRONMENT, BUT CRIMINAL POKÉMON INVADED THE SCHOOL AND DROPPED A BOULDER I CAN’T PASS THROUGH! I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO! THE KIDS ARE IN BIG TROUBLE!

- Alright! Alright ALRIGHT! – screamed Lucario. – Calm down, pal! Chill! Take a deep breath! When you’re calmer you’ll find a solution!

Taking action, Riolu was confused of what was happening and then, after overhearing a bit, he said:

- I know how to save the students! – said Aura.

- You know! PLEASE TELL ME, LITTLE RIOLU! – said the professor Passimian, begging on his knees.

With a confident look, a smile and aura on his eyes, he answered positively:

- You’re looking at it!

Riolu fitted perfectly through the boulder gap. Then he instantly saw all the students: White-Flower Flabébé, Trapinch, Maractus, Drowzee and Vivillon, threatened by a group of 5 Pangoros.

- They are… they are exactly how my Pokémon were! – thinked the Emanation Pokémon. – I know it’s not a dream, but still, they’re EXACTLY, A CARBON COPY! Wait a sec! Focus, Aura! Save the students!

- YO, STUPID PANGOROS! – furiously said Riolu. – WANT SOMETHING TO STEAL FOR YOUR FOOD SINCE YOU DON’T WORK?! HERE, EAT THIS!
He fired another Aura Sphere, which took down a Pangoro’s move resistance down to 25%. After evading the fat and rusty Pangoro thieves, he defeated all of them by firing Aura Sphere, supereffective against Dark-Types, which they are (as well as a shared type with Riolu, the Fighting-Type). After looking back and seeing the hurt students, while seeing an almost fully healthy Flabébé, since (for some reason) she is a Fairy-Type (should be Grass-Type, or at least Grass-Fairy), and Fairies resists both Fighting- and Dark-Types.

- Th-th-thank you! – said Vivillon.

- AMAZING! HOW DID YOU DID THAT! PLEASE TEACH ME! After I get well after all those Pangoro thieves’ supereffective attacks. – said Drowzee, a Psychic-Type, who is weak to the Dark-Type.

- Woah! You’re so strong! Thank you! What’s your name, Riolu boy? – said the White-Flower Flabébé.

- Um… um…. Aura! – said the Emanation Pokémon, blushing. – It’s Aura!

- Well, thank you! I’m gonna tell Mr. Passimian to call the police. – said Flabébé.

After breaking the boulder with the help of Trapinch and Maractus, with Trapinch being a Ground-Type and Maractus a Grass-Type, with both affecting a lot Rock-based obstacles and being able to hit Rock-Type Pokémon supereffectively, the doorkeeper, Hypno, putted them on a hypnosis state until they are in jail after calling the police (full of Arcanine officers, K-9 reference to how Officer Jennies used Growlithes, Arcanine’s pre-evolution, to help her in her duty in the anime). Picking up Flabébé to Lucario’s house, Aura and her went chatting on the way.

- Well, that was extremely risky, but you got it! – said Lucario.

- Despite the income, the outcome was full of surprises and happiness! Thanks for the help! – said Flabébé.

Florges arrived, picking up Flabébé back to her house. After some goodbyes, Aura was excited as ever, but he still is wondering how he got in this world. Thinking of how is incredibly rare for a human to enter this world, but it got more common over the years made him a bit calmer, but still was concerned if he never returns. Maybe he’ll learn it at his days of school? Here we enter the Pokémon School arc! Prepare yourself for Pokémon disciplines and weird-personallity teachers! :D

Return to “Art Board”