The SMBX2 Custom Assets Library

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.
FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Re: The SMBX CGFX Pack (Up & Running)

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:29 pm

Squishy Rex wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:43 am
It may be a OneDrive thing, everything that I originally uploaded via OneDrive's PC link on my end is still in the same place. I haven't tampered with it anyway, to be honest I don't even think I've even looked at any of since we started finding flaws with the OneDrive concept. I was thinking about dumping everything in my graphics pack library that I've downloaded since 2011ish into the my linked OneDrive folder for everyone to trawl through and to put towards the continuation of the community GFX pack, but I'm unsure of how and if it will be able to handle it all. It could in theory be all packed into a zip and made available for download but the overall size currently sits at: Size: 6.04GB
Size on Disk: 7.17GB
Files: 499,382
Folders: 44,918
Those are some pretty big numbers as far as uploading and downloading the lot of it goes. It's all sitting there unsorted as it did before I began making the update to the Pack myself. The vast majority of stuff came from NSMBX, Knux's and Cloud's forums. So there wouldn't be very many people around anymore with some of what I still have.

In short if anyone wants to message me in regards to getting all of there resources back out into circulation again feel free to. I'll try and figure out a way to help get all available.

Murphmario, since you seem to be the one trying to organize this chaos, not sure how much he is around anymore but talk with Red Yoshi on Discord. We were discussing possible host sites for the pack itself and he was working on a few things at the time. Also feel free to PM me about the mountain of stuff I have sitting here if you would like to add it all in as well.
Okay you can upload it now since the OneDrive graphics pack is back online.

Squishy Rex
Pronouns: he/him

Re: The SMBX2 Custom Assets Library

Postby Squishy Rex » Wed May 13, 2020 6:30 am

Just a quick question for everyone who has been experiencing issues with OneDrive and I guess to anyone else who has preferences. I'm looking at also making a "mirror" so to speak of the OneDrive version on Google Drive. The only downside however is that unlike OneDrive, folders in Google Drive don't have the option of having an "Icon View", meaning you don't get a preview of the folders contents. Is this too much of a problem for anyone?

Also as most would have seen, the structure of the pack has changed significantly (kudos Murphmario) and this will be how it remains in future, at least in this form. I've had to chase down some specific things recently that I've needed and honestly the new structure is great. It makes finding exactly what you want so much quicker and easier, although the folder chains can get a bit long its something I'm happy to sacrifice for sake organization.

As for a more permanent home/solution for our community's assets, I'm still looking at options at this point.

Turret 3471
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Turret 3471 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Squishy Rex wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:30 am
Just a quick question for everyone who has been experiencing issues with OneDrive and I guess to anyone else who has preferences. I'm looking at also making a "mirror" so to speak of the OneDrive version on Google Drive. The only downside however is that unlike OneDrive, folders in Google Drive don't have the option of having an "Icon View", meaning you don't get a preview of the folders contents. Is this too much of a problem for anyone?

Also as most would have seen, the structure of the pack has changed significantly (kudos Murphmario) and this will be how it remains in future, at least in this form. I've had to chase down some specific things recently that I've needed and honestly the new structure is great. It makes finding exactly what you want so much quicker and easier, although the folder chains can get a bit long its something I'm happy to sacrifice for sake organization.

As for a more permanent home/solution for our community's assets, I'm still looking at options at this point.
Honestly I'm fine with Google Drive or whatever else you guys decide to use. As long as we're able to download the pack, I'm happy.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:00 am

I am also okay with any solution you guys use as long as it allows verified users to upload their own graphics. In addition, I'm excited to see Murphmario upload all his "lost" graphics from old forums and individual graphics topics, once you guys find a good hosting solution.

Enzo Ferracini
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: no

Postby Enzo Ferracini » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:34 pm

Where's The Mirror?

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:16 am

Enzo Ferracini wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:34 pm
Where's The Mirror?
What mirror? Also don't type with capital letters on ever single word please, that drives me nuts.

Enzo Ferracini
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: no

Postby Enzo Ferracini » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:17 pm

Murphmario wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:16 am
Enzo Ferracini wrote:
Where's The Mirror?
What mirror? Also don't type with capital letters on ever single word please, that drives me nuts.
I'm talking about the Google Drive link.

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:47 pm

Enzo Ferracini wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:17 pm
Murphmario wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:16 am
Enzo Ferracini wrote:
Where's The Mirror?
I'm talking about the Google Drive link.
There is no Google Drive alt, at least for the current pack. It actually exceeds the amount of space a free Google Drive account offers, so might not happen for a bit.

Rathlon
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Rathlon » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:52 pm

How would one use these?
Do I add them into the graphics folder or over write what's already their?

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:49 pm

Rathlon wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:52 pm
How would one use these?
Do I add them into the graphics folder or over write what's already their?
In the dictionary that your level is in, you create a folder with the exact same name as your level. Then you paste the graphics in there.

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:06 pm

Now I'm on holidays for a couple of weeks, so I've started prepping all of the GFX Packs I have. They'll be uploaded directly to OneDrive, I'll just make a seperate folder in the main menu and let it all upload there. Everything will be uploaded as is, meaning everything will still need to be reorganized into the OneDrive library, but everyone can still access and use whatever they want in the meantime, it will just be a bit of a mess. Please note that I will not be including the SMBX GFX Pack by Red Yoshi amongst the stuff I will be uploading since it has already been transferred to OneDrive. Stay tuned, this may take a while.

EDIT: I've created a folder in the main menu called "Squishy Rex's Dump Site". Everything is currently being uploaded there, if you see empty folders or anything that looks a bit strange, its just the upload in progress, things will continue to appear throughout the day. There's about 3GBs of stuff so this will take some time to complete. I'll be leaving my computer run today so everything can just run in the background. Any questions, just ping me on Discord.

Suckerman7 GM
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Multiversal Traveller/Prismverse's God of Creation

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:54 pm

There's a graphic I can't seem to find at all. It's WL2 Captain Syrup with Flying Machine made by Zant, as a reskin of Mother Brain. There are most assets, but the actual boss itself is missing. If anyone has the boss sprite, I'll be glad.

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:30 am

Suckerman7 GM wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:54 pm
There's a graphic I can't seem to find at all. It's WL2 Captain Syrup with Flying Machine made by Zant, as a reskin of Mother Brain. There are most assets, but the actual boss itself is missing. If anyone has the boss sprite, I'll be glad.
I'll see if it's in his GFX Pack.

tangy
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: less is more

Postby tangy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:21 pm

Blocks > SMBX 1.3 no longer exists for some reason

CatgirlCassie
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: Wahoo
Pronouns: she/her

Postby CatgirlCassie » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:18 pm

tangeruse wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:21 pm
Squishy is currently transferring the library to a google drive, so it's probably because of that

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:18 am

tangeruse wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:21 pm
It does, I just had to move the folder to transfer the files to Google Drive because the file path was too long. I will move it back now.

Return to “Archives”