[Abstract/Netherworld] Even in Death 1.9

Forum for submissions to the Official™ SLAM Collab project!
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

[Abstract/Netherworld] Even in Death 1.9

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:16 am

This is a level I finished on November 23rd, but was never able to test due to some error I kept receiving in basegame lua.

-1 exit, can easily be modified to have 2.
-No player filters. (Probably should filter to Mario)
-Filters to Small
-Cannot use Reserve Box
-5 Dragon Coins. (Not to sure about the fourth Dragon Coin. Might move it and make the area of the fourth Dragon Coin a Secret Exit.)
-Difficulty: Hard or [Expert,/Extreme,/Lunatic]
-Contains credits file, Switch Palace Blocks to lower the difficulty if needed, and many many many instances of Death.

Screenshots during gameplay unable to be taken as the level does not work on my computer, but does work on other people's computer. Full levle screenshot taken instead.
Spoiler: show
Even in Death 1.6 (Original untested)
Even in Death 1.9
Last edited by MECHDRAGON777 on Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Re: [Abstract/Netherworld] Even in Death

Postby Cedur » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:38 pm

Can't you take some more accurate screenshots just by using "Export to Image"? (instead of Export Section to Image)

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:40 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:38 pm
Can't you take some more accurate screenshots just by using "Export to Image"? (instead of Export Section to Image)
Would not really be accurate since it uses the same parallax background used in 8luestorm's level with the same concept and tileset.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:53 am

this level feels untested and terrible to play

while 8luestorm's level focuses on replaying the same section 15 times to make platforms appear, this one is about replaying the same section 15 times because the boost blocks are difficult to deal with without proper coin trails

the fact that this one copies the aesthetic also feels kinda cheap

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:43 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:53 am
this level feels untested and terrible to play

while 8luestorm's level focuses on replaying the same section 15 times to make platforms appear, this one is about replaying the same section 15 times because the boost blocks are difficult to deal with without proper coin trails

Back before SMBX stopped working for me on the 22nd, I only had testing done to the 4th dragon coin. In my case, I kept getting this error every time I tried to test it.

which is why it probably feels untested. Though the coin trails, I actually thought of adding them, but I guess I kind of forgot about that in the long run. What else would you recommend beside adding coin trails?

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:46 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:43 pm
That error points to line 59 of megaman.lua which is where it tries to load the charge particles file. Could it be that you accidentally deleted it?

8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm

Postby 8lue Storm » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:33 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:53 am
I allowed it; I didn't like how Momentum Mori turned out and Mech wanted to use its tileset so I agreed.

I would make a level around Momentum Mori's side mechanics (anything that's not the revival gimmick), but since I have no access to SMBX at the moment, I guess I'll just wait to go all-out on the Bowser's Castle collab, depending on how that goes. Now THAT would be FUN.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:46 pm
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:43 pm
That error points to line 59 of megaman.lua which is where it tries to load the charge particles file. Could it be that you accidentally deleted it?
I never touched the base game script files which is what is weirder. Sanct told me to redownload SMBX to see if that fixes it, but it is a shame I am only given 24 hours to fix any mistakes here. Would I need just megaman.lua or what?

Edit: Redownloading SMBX fixed it. Now I can focus on making some parts easier or more fairer. I still want the level to be hard however.

Return to “SLAM”