SMBX Newsletter - June / July 2020

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:01 am

Hello, and welcome to Issue #2 of the SMBX Newsletter! This will cover a bunch of things that have taken place since the last installment. Lets get into it!

SMBX2 News
The latest release of SMBX2 is Beta 4 Patch 2 Hotfix 1. Featuring bug fixes and a few other small bits in addition to everything from Beta 4's initial release, so be sure to download it if you haven't already:

https://codehaus.wohlsoft.ru/downloads.php

Make sure you download the correct version. If you already have beta 4 installed, download "Patch 2 w/ Hotfix". If you haven't downloaded beta 4 already, you should select "Full Download".

Upcoming / Current Contests
The level submission period for Chocolate Contest X1 has finished! Stay tuned for the results...

Level of the Month - June

Results: show

Statistics:
Level Count - 9
Votes Cast - 48
Tied Placements - 3

Congratulations to Prox for winning LOTM for June - your level, "Corrupted Cyberspace Countdown", received 15 votes!
Check out the rest of the results here:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=25975

Featured Episodes and Demos
The Princess Cliche 2 by Super Wario Bros

More Info: show

Although this is an unofficial sequel to The Princess Cliche, this episode will allow you to have a fresh experience while still keeping the charm of the original. Gather the 16 Fallen Stars - can you do it in 30 minutes? Get it here:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26057

Quest for Cheeseburgers by DylanJ

Journey through 6 worlds, battle 23 bosses and quest for... Cheeseburgers? This longer than usual episode could take you 20+ hours to 100%! Get it here:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26017

Super Fortnite Bros. 2 by Computerfan0

Super Fornite Bros 2 is a zany, wacky, joke episode made by computerfan0. In this episode meant to troll and mess with you, can you handle the madness and traverse through the the five worlds in just 30 minutes? Get it here:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25926

Project Spotlight
Waluigi's Creepy Adventure by Mr.GreenMan and Tails608

Waluigi finally takes center stage, and it's time he gets a bit of payback. This project is being built on SMBX2 Beta 4.
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=26070

The Tale of Two Kingdoms by saintjust

This is a new project with a mysterious plot - what could possibly be up with the two kingdoms? Created for SMBX.
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=26075

Super Mario Fantasy by Fuyu and Prox

Where's Bowser? Nevermind, we're going on vacation to the Apricot Kingdom! Created for SMBX2 Beta 4.
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=26040

And that's all for this installment of the SMBX Newsletter! Stay tuned for the Summer installment next month!

Last edited by Taycamgame on Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Luna
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: Cuteness overload <3
Pronouns: she/her

Re: SMBX Newsletter - June / July 2020

Postby Luna » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:24 am

You seemingly messed up the project links. The Picture for Tale of Two Kingdoms image redirects to the Super Mario Fantasy topic and both links for Super Mario Fantasy redirect to Super Mario Bros. ReDeluxe'd.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:32 am

DerEric wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:24 am
You seemingly messed up the project links. The Picture for Tale of Two Kingdoms image redirects to the Super Mario Fantasy topic and both links for Super Mario Fantasy redirect to Super Mario Bros. ReDeluxe'd.
Fixed! I've also added a link to LOTM in the LOTM section.

ShadowXeldron
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: phpBB > ProBoards
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby ShadowXeldron » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:51 am

For a bit then I though that the "Hotfix 1" refered to Patch 1 :P

LGLMAKING
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: H E X
Pronouns: ask for pronouns

Postby LGLMAKING » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:42 am

Taycamgame wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:32 am
DerEric wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:24 am
Fixed! I've also added a link to LOTM in the LOTM section.
The Super Fortnite Bros 2 link redirects to Trouble from Purple Planet by Chipss

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:54 am

LGLMAKING wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:42 am
The Super Fortnite Bros 2 link redirects to Trouble from Purple Planet by Chipss
Fixed. The reason these issues occured is because i just copied the formatting from the previous newsletter. I guess I must have missed some URLs.

Blake Izayoi
Flair: Sakuya's Husband
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Blake Izayoi » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:56 pm

Awesome dude I got both 2nd and 3rd place with the "Level of the Month" thing

Great newsletter

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:17 am

This died swiftly.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:33 pm

Enjl wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:17 am
This died swiftly.
I aim to get it back up and running soon with a larger issue encompassing the past 2 months. I've been sorta busy recently and this hasn't been the greatest priority of mine (plus i keep forgetting about it).

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:05 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:33 pm
Enjl wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:17 am
This died swiftly.
I aim to get it back up and running soon with a larger issue encompassing the past 2 months. I've been sorta busy recently and this hasn't been the greatest priority of mine (plus i keep forgetting about it).
Set yourself a reminder if you wish to stop forgetting.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:37 am

I didn't even notice it dying. :P

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:02 am

48 hour newsletter challenge

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:22 pm

Enjl wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:02 am
Ha :)
I'm planning to just release a new issue in December. I think it makes more sense to do one at the end of the year covering the past 6 months worth of content and then after that release one every 3 months. The issues will be bigger and there will be less of them, but I think it will be more manageable this way. Thoughts?

I also tested out a new channel in the main SMBX server whose purpose was for people to send in contributions to the Newsletter. That didn't really work though as no-one posted anything they wanted to share in there. The main reason that idea came about was that it puts everything all in one place, making things more efficient on the Newsletter Team's end. Perhaps there's a better way to allow people to contribute?

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Emral » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:26 pm

I'm skeptical, as it never seemed particularly unmanagable, and a less frequent update cycle defeats the purpose of a _news_letter. Furthermore, skipping an issue of the newsletter seems all the more easy with less frequent post intervals. I'm open to see what happens, but currently my stance is that we just need a more dedicated person writing these if we want them to continue.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:30 pm

Enjl wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:26 pm
I'm skeptical, as it never seemed particularly unmanagable, and a less frequent update cycle defeats the purpose of a _news_letter. Furthermore, skipping an issue of the newsletter seems all the more easy with less frequent post intervals. I'm open to see what happens, but currently my stance is that we just need a more dedicated person writing these if we want them to continue.
Actually.. I have literally just got an idea for an Issue I'd like to create pretty shortly. Trouble is, there's going to be a huge backlog of content that has been missed since the previous instalment. That's my fault though and I'm prepared to put the effort in.

computerfan0
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Eejit
Pronouns: it/he/they

Postby computerfan0 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:31 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:22 pm
Enjl wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:02 am
Ha :)
I'm planning to just release a new issue in December. I think it makes more sense to do one at the end of the year covering the past 6 months worth of content and then after that release one every 3 months. The issues will be bigger and there will be less of them, but I think it will be more manageable this way. Thoughts?

I also tested out a new channel in the main SMBX server whose purpose was for people to send in contributions to the Newsletter. That didn't really work though as no-one posted anything they wanted to share in there. The main reason that idea came about was that it puts everything all in one place, making things more efficient on the Newsletter Team's end. Perhaps there's a better way to allow people to contribute?
Somebody did send a contribution in ;)

Archived
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Archived » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:45 pm

Enjl wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:26 pm
So in essence, I'm part of the newsletter team and have been on the SMBX projects discord server. The problem on both was that no one was writing anything unless I specifically told them to or wrote stuff all by myself in the latter server. A few months ago, I told TayCamGame to be in charge of designating stuff to write instead since this semester in college, I have extremely difficult classes. Basically in both of these if I became busy or unavailable no one else in the newsletter team started to do stuff by themselves. The latter was solved since it was a projects server, we just let the projects owner submit announcements about their projects in project-news channel. TayCamGame tried to do something similar with the SMBX discord, but since the servers have different use-cases, there was really not much traction that went on.

Return to “Events and Announcements”