The SMBX GFX Pipe

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
Squishy Rex
Pronouns: he/him

The SMBX GFX Pipe

Postby Squishy Rex » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:26 pm

After a small discussion with Aero, I would like to put this idea to community as a whole. Now this all will depend on what is and is not possible on the main site and of course nothing is set in stone, this is just an idea that I would like to get some feedback on.

With that said, the idea that I have proposed to Aero, is that (if possible) the SMBX GFX Pipe at the top of the site redirects to a section of the main site that acts as an online version of the SMBX Asset Library, similar to how MFGG works. With the release of SMBX2 and how much more professional it is, I feel that the way we store and present our community’s assets should follow suit as they have become a major part of SMBX. It would also be nice if we can tie the assets library into the main site. While the OneDrive setup will work much better now, having a built in option potentially makes things that much more stable.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Re: The SMBX GFX Pipe

Postby Emral » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:48 pm

I like the idea. I once thought about having a similar kind of download hub for levels and episodes. I suppose this is essentially like MFGG's layout, yeah? I suppose what we need is a web developer for that.

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Enjl wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:48 pm
I like the idea. I once thought about having a similar kind of download hub for levels and episodes. I suppose this is essentially like MFGG's layout, yeah? I suppose what we need is a web developer for that.
Yeah more or less that would be what I’m aiming for without just ripping off MFGG.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:25 pm

I'd like to see it. Getting a webdev to make a hub that is well organized and safe is one matter, actual file storage with limited resources is another. I'd like to try and make it work.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:55 am

Barring feasibility, I also second this; so we also don't have to be concerned about reviving "featured graphics" if/when we want to revive "featured episodes" at some point.

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Murphmario » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:45 pm

Thirding, but simply because people are having problems with OneDrive and the fact that the folders have been deleted in the past.

PdizzleParker
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: doin your mom
Pronouns: they/them

Postby PdizzleParker » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:39 am

This is a pretty cool idea. I feel like it could pretty useful.

Return to “Site Discussion”