Saddest moments in video games

This is the place for video games!
Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Re: Saddest moments in video games

Postby Mable » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:43 am

^(Reffering to Cedrik's post)
How are those 2 sad moments? Someone explain it to me.

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Fuyu » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:00 am

I've watched jacksepticeye's walkthrough of Undertale, both Genocide, Pacifist and True Pacifist, and god have I been missing some shit there. There are a lot, and I mean A LOT of sad moments in that game.

Sir/Mis, if you don't want to be spoiler do no open this folder, your discretion has been advised.
Spoiler: show
If I were to pick the saddest moments that appealed to me the most, those would be when Asriel tells Frisk that he wants to be himself but that he can't because he has to return the souls, that shit got me straight tearie, even know I'm about to cry. Another one is when you beat Sans in battle, his last words being "welp, i'm going to grillby's. Papyrus, do you want anything?" and then just turns into dust offscreen. That right there destroyed me on the inside, because not only did you kill Papyrus, his brother, but also Sans, two of the most iconic Undertale characters and for a reason, they are freaking adorable and makes you want to have a great time with them. Another sad moment in Undertale would be Toriel's death, it was short I know, but for me that I watched the Pacifist route first to see her death at the player's hand just tore me apart.
Man, Undertale is filled to the bones of lovable characters you just can't help to feel sad whenever you encounter the things on that spoiler. There might be more sad moments, but I just find those in particular to be the most heartbreaking ones of them all. If you haven't watched a playthrough of/played Undertale yet do it NOW. It may take several hours of your day but trust me when I say this ... every moment you spend watching a playthrough or playing the actual game is wort it.

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: any

Postby Saltlord » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:36 am

Open this after your bad time. Or if you don't care about Undertpants
I agree with you, Natsu, Undertale has a lot of sad moments, but I have my own saddest moments of the game. The first (and most tragical) has to be the full Flowey/Asriel story. At the end of the Genocide Run, Flowey explains how Asgore discovered him in the garden, but he felt just empty inside. That was a shocking moment for me, but the story goes on. After you fought Asriel, it's still possible to backtrack to the beginning of the game, yes, the room where your adventure started. Here's the depressing part: Asriel will sometimes appear in the room, and if you keep talking to him and trying to convince him to leave the Underground, he explains that he would just turn back into a flower and won't remember anything... With that being said, Undyne's fight in the Genocide Run is my second most saddest moment in Undertale. She fights not only for her friends (unlike Ike), she fights for the world, monsters and humans. And that big smile she keeps while she dies...

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:25 pm

I would say the end of mother 3. Pretty sad to see lucas have to kill his own twin brother because of porky. (Yes, I have played through all of mother 3)
Last edited by lighthouse64 on Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ShadowStarX » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:16 pm

I didn't play that many video games, but:
Undertale:
The entirity of the genocide run
Endogeny and Snowdrake's mother in the True Lab (True pacifist route)
Last edited by ShadowStarX on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Fuyu » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Koopa-Fan wrote:Open this after your bad time. Or if you don't care about Undertpants
I agree with you, Natsu, Undertale has a lot of sad moments, but I have my own saddest moments of the game. The first (and most tragical) has to be the full Flowey/Asriel story. At the end of the Genocide Run, Flowey explains how Asgore discovered him in the garden, but he felt just empty inside. That was a shocking moment for me, but the story goes on. After you fought Asriel, it's still possible to backtrack to the beginning of the game, yes, the room where your adventure started. Here's the depressing part: Asriel will sometimes appear in the room, and if you keep talking to him and trying to convince him to leave the Underground, he explains that he would just turn back into a flower and won't remember anything... With that being said, Undyne's fight in the Genocide Run is my second most saddest moment in Undertale. She fights not only for her friends (unlike Ike), she fights for the world, monsters and humans. And that big smile she keeps while she dies...
Open this to have double bad time. Or if you don't care about Squaretale
To be honest Undyne's death didn't make me feel that bad. I felt as her death could've been portrayed a lot better, not that it wasn't good, it just didn't impact me as much as Sans' death and such.
lighthouse64 wrote:
I would say the end of mother 3. Pretty sad to see lucas have to kill his own twin brother because of porky. (Yes, I have played through all of mother 3)
Dude, spoilers!

Erik
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Erik » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:27 am

Tinkerbell wrote:Every time Mario beats one of koopalings or bowser.
I still have bruises from that :P

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:09 am

lighthouse64 wrote:
Dude, spoilers![/quote]

There, I fixed it ;)

Shocker
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Shocker » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:50 am

Super Paper Mario:
When Blumiere and Timpani sacrifice themselves to save all worlds, so many people still end up sad. Each Pure Heart leads in turn to one heart break.
  • The Red Pure Heart represents fatherly love for a child. Merlon loses Tippi, who he cared for like a child.
  • The Orange Pure Heart represents passion for something. Each Sammer Guy's passion (defending his gate) is destroyed if the player completes Sammer's Kingdom in the post-game.
  • The Yellow Pure Heart represents faith. Saffron had faith that Merlon would return to his challenge and win her heart. However, even after all worlds are saved, he never returns.
  • The Green Pure Heart represents friendship. After the game ends, Francis admits that Tippi was "his only offline friend", and he sought to replicate her with a robot.
  • The Blue Pure Heart represents motherly love. Once the heroes get the Pure Heart, Squibs realizes his mother died long ago, and he himself dies.
  • The Indigo Pure Heart represents the love between a leader and his people. Mimi, O'Chunks, and Nastasia all say that they miss the Count if spoken to.
  • The Purple Pure Heart represents romantic love. The end of all worlds was brought upon by his forced marriage with Peach; as such, Bowser learns that she will never love him back.
  • The White Pure Heat represents familial love. Jaydes and Grambi lose their only daughter to save all worlds. Sad.

Nightmayor
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Nightmayor » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:51 pm

I guess the ending to Mother 3. No wait I lied, Lisa is easily the most emotional and downright depressing game I've ever played. Also I don't really see how people can think that Undertale is depressing I mean yes you can be the cause of the deaths of several characters but the game is so short there's barely enough time for them to properly develop.

winner208
Koopa
Koopa

Postby winner208 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Finishing Undertale

mechamind
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: You can set your mind to it!
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Postby mechamind » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:56 pm

Maybe a stretch, but I think of the entirety of Braid as one.
And you were the one trying to steal the princess the whole time (as if anyone else would be in "another castle", as you keep getting told), but you can't have her. So then you have to mess with time in order to do it, and now she's all tied up. What to think of that?

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:47 am

The moment in "Super Paper Mario" after you defeated the final boss where Count Bleck & Tippi scarifies themselves to save all the worlds. I cried so hard during that moment! :(

Nintendo59
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Nintendo59 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:51 pm

Well even if i am not that big fan of the lords of shadows reboot of castlevania,(spoiler alert) i think that the ending to Lords Of Shadows 1 was kinda emotional and sad when Gabriel Belmont cries as he watches his Wife entering the afterlife

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:28 pm

BUMP!

Jacqui Briggs's ending in Mortal Kombat 11 made me cry many tears. For those who haven't played MK11, Jacqui Briggs erased herself from history to restore the timeline of her father in her ending! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: any

Postby Saltlord » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:18 am

The ending of Trials & Tribulations as well as some of Virtue's Last Reward's endings really got to me. Especially Tenmyouji's and K's.

Return to “Video Games”