Revive the Fan Fiction forums

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Revive the Fan Fiction forums

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:04 pm

I remembered back when Joey runs the SMBX forums back in 2013-2016, there was a forums just for fan fictions (Either taking place in either the Nintendo Multiverse, Super Mario universe, or SMBX-community related)! So long story short, can you staff members revive the "Fan Fictions" forums as either 1 of the 2 suggestions:
  • Revive the forums as it's own general discussion forums

or

• Revive it as a sub-forums on the Art Board forums

Thank You! ^^"

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Revive the Fan Fiction forums

Postby Cedur » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:59 am

you probably haven't spent a thought on whether anybody else would be interested in this and keep it active?

so, just keep posting fanfics on the art board?

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:41 am

To debate, it's not really a huge change. Though, it's better to have people share their fanfics in their own threads if we were to keep fan fictions in the Art Board.
What's there to maintain if it won't be abiding enough to stay suitable exclusively for fanfics? Eventually, it'll become inactive again if we had another Fanfic board. If it were to be revived, at least have something new to preserve its relevancy.
And no, fuck Shadow Kracko. That was so shitty that I refuse to re-read that shitfire. I've moved on from that garbage, and I never want to be reminded of how bad things were 2-3 years ago. Fuck Ness-Wednesday, and his ugly ass waifu, that wannabe Kracko clone, and what's literally a Lucas alt. Burn all of that in hell! >:{

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:47 am

I guess if the SMBX staff did revive the fan fiction forums, I'll be sure to ask the staff members to be in charge of it, and at east add some "NEW" rules as well as the old ones from when Joey runs the forums.
Examples of new rules for the new fan fiction forums: show

Sample Rules:

• If your fan fiction has violence that's in the same level as Mortal Kombat, keep the violence at a "PG-13" level*!
  • Do not include some Yaoi (Boy x Boy), and/or Yuri (Girl x Girl) in your stories. Also, if the story is one of the 2, don't post it!
  • Swearing it allowed, but racial swear words are not permitted!
  • Use of alcohol and/or tobacco is alright, but keep the use every low.
  • For those fan stories that are SMBX related, don't antagonize any community member in any way, shape, or form! Learned that the hard way long ago! :roll:

*Example of "PG-13" level violence: the censored (SNES) version of Mortal Kombat 1

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:15 am

Don't you get that you're in the completely wrong community to do any of this? Nobody understands your "rules" at all?

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:24 am

I'm not staff but I'm sorry to say, no matter how many times you bring it up, it's not gonna happen.

The people who would've been interested in writing fan fiction have generally either grown out of it or lost interest.

The fact staff members haven't responded to this yet should show that there is no interest in bringing it back.

Post 'em in the art board, nobody's stopping you.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:17 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:47 am
  • Do not include some Yaoi (Boy x Boy), and/or Yuri (Girl x Girl) in your stories. Also, if the story is one of the 2, don't post it!
This rule alone is enough reason to consider this whole thing a bad idea

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:22 pm

#SameSexRomanceIsArtToo

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:35 pm

I guess some of y'all DOESN'T want the fan fiction forums back for any reason. But how about this:

Have a few SMBX members be supervisors for the newly revived FF forums, so we won't have the same ""accident" just like the one in the earlier years of this forums. Final offer, take it or leave it. 8-)

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:07 pm

The Art forum will remain the designated place for fan fiction. There is no need for it to have its own forum let alone have a new group of supervisors oversee it.

Return to “Site Discussion”