Where to find information about autoscroll.lua?

This is the place for discussion and support for LunaLua and related modifications and libraries.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
ivanmegafanboy
Blooper
Blooper

Where to find information about autoscroll.lua?

Postby ivanmegafanboy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:40 pm

I have looked on these forums and on the Wohlstand wiki but I haven't found documentation about what does autoscroll.lua do, and how it works. How can I learn about this function? Is there a custom level where this type of autoscroll is used?

Smibbix
Bit
Bit

Re: Where to find information about autoscroll.lua?

Postby Smibbix » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:01 pm

I'd really like to know this, too.

That Anarchy Dude
Goomba
Goomba

Postby That Anarchy Dude » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:51 pm

I'm STILL waiting to find this answer.
I have SMBX 1.3, 1.4, AND 2.0.
1.3 seems to be the only one I can get Autoscrolling to work properly in, but it's so outdated.
I wish we could have the ease of use of 1.3, with the Powerups & custom NPC's of 1.4, but with the extra characters & multi-window editing of 2.0 all in ONE application.
*sigh*

Westretroman
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Westretroman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:01 pm

That Anarchy Dude wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:51 pm
I'm STILL waiting to find this answer.
I have SMBX 1.3, 1.4, AND 2.0.
1.3 seems to be the only one I can get Autoscrolling to work properly in, but it's to outdated.
I wish we could have the ease of use of 1.3, with the Powerups & custom NPC's of 1.4, but with the extra characters & multi-window editing of 2.0 all in ONE application.
*sigh*
I don't think 1.3 editor was friendly to use when it comes to making a level with a custom tileset, it's more of going back and forth than having the tileset at your disposal, there is actually a option to use the 1.3 editor layout in 2.0's PGE Editor, if you choose to. Autoscrolling still works, you probably aren't setting it right, and you could also use PixelPest's Easy Lunalua for easy autoscrolling if you find it a hassle. Some NPCs from 1.4 will be ready for use in 2.0 like the Chucks and Fire Bros, you should check out Beta 4 when it releases, as for new powerups, they aren't really super important for gameplay and are just a buffer to make your episode stand out, but we will see some more in a future version.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:25 pm

In SMBX2 you can use autoscrolling through events just like you would in SMBX 1.3.... as for autoscroll.lua, to answer this question better late than never, you can take a look in the lua file to find the functions it provides, with appropriately named arguments, if I remember correctly. The most common and straightforward use is autoscroll.scrollRight(speed).

Return to “LunaLua”