[Lua] Tail swipe flag

This is the place for discussion and support for LunaLua and related modifications and libraries.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Tempest
Bit
Bit
Flair: not here

[Lua] Tail swipe flag

Postby Tempest » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:32 pm

This is a quick question but, is there any memory value/player offset for when the player is using the tail swipe attack with the Super Leaf/Tanooki Suit? I've looked all over in the Wohlsoft page (https://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/SMBX_Player_Offsets) and the closest thing I found is the tail swipe timer value. :?

Vito
Dolphin
Dolphin

Re: [Lua] Tail swipe flag

Postby Vito » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:23 am

0x164 serves for the tail swipe if I get it right

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:36 am

I did a quick look and didn't see anything besides the timer, but the timer might just be all you need

Tempest
Bit
Bit

Postby Tempest » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:03 pm

PixelPest wrote:I did a quick look and didn't see anything besides the timer, but the timer might just be all you need
Vito_Studio wrote:0x164 serves for the tail swipe if I get it right
The thing is, 0x164 is an increasing timer. I used the Text.print() function with that value and, I'm not sure but, I think the attack starts directly at 0 instead of 1.

But I guess I could try setting it to 1 and possibly losing a frame. Thank you!

yoshiegg
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby yoshiegg » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:48 pm

What do u wanna do? If it's disabling TailSwipe thenthre's afaik no other way than to Always set the Player:mem Offsets for Altrun and Run Key to false on every Frame and Maybe higher the Player_walkspeed to compensate for the loss of running ability. From my experiece, changing TailSwipe flag also messes up the Animation so you Always see only one Frame, even when you're ducking.

Tempest
Bit
Bit

Postby Tempest » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:30 pm

yoshiegg wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:48 pm
What do u wanna do? If it's disabling TailSwipe thenthre's afaik no other way than to Always set the Player:mem Offsets for Altrun and Run Key to false on every Frame and Maybe higher the Player_walkspeed to compensate for the loss of running ability. From my experiece, changing TailSwipe flag also messes up the Animation so you Always see only one Frame, even when you're ducking.
this was posted on april 28th 2018 dude
also, no i wasn't trying to disable it, just checking it with an if statement
but it doesn't matter now, it's not like ill be doing anything lua related here anymore
thanks anyway, i guess

(and there is another way to disable it, just setting the timer to 0 at all times i'm pretty sure)

Return to “LunaLua”