Megaluavania (Undertale Recreation in SMBX!)

This is the place for discussion and support for LunaLua and related modifications and libraries.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
afanguy
Spiny
Spiny

Re: Megaluavania (Undertale Recreation in SMBX!)

Postby afanguy » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:58 pm

Original Post and 1st Edit:
Spoiler: show
So... After some time I tried once again to do something cool with this...
But there's one major problem: With what's given it's kinda tricky to customize the example-code. Both encounters are rather special. One being a tutorial encounter with "Post" and stuff like that, while the second one is... Well... Don't wanna spoil it for anyone new to this project, who's reading my post. Anyway I'd really love to use this for something, so would you mind leaving an easily customizable base (like a Goomba, Froggit or something)?

Edit: Never Mind! However I've noticed a few more problems:
1st: It might be what I've modified, so you should try it yourself, but fleeing crashes the game.
2nd: Encounters can't be encountered multiple times in a level. If the enemy was killed they insantly die when the encounter is called. If spared, the enemy will be slightly transparent and no music will play. Also the enemy can already be spared, In other words the encounter state wont be reseted if the encounter is called again, which is... not fun, since i'm trying to make basic enemies that you encounter multiple times in one level.
2nd Edit: I've found a tricky way of putting multiple battles in one level. By copying the base information of Joey (who's in this case a goomba) and renaming those things that wont be shared with the other encounter. To make the music work (it wouldn't play after winning a different battle) I put Audio.MusicPlay() in the loop section and made music changing events for encountering an enemy and killing/sparing them

Corndog52
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Corndog52 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:40 am

This is beautiful. Good work, Spinda!

WildWEEGEE
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: C# more like Db
Pronouns: he/him

Postby WildWEEGEE » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:02 am

IK this bump is a bit big but I would like to know how I add custom text... like dialogue.... where do I do that? Also will you ever update the documentation?

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It... it worked...

Postby GforGoomba » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:21 pm

An exact copy of Undertale this is? Too poor to buy it myself I am.

HenryRichard
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:36 pm

1. No, it's just a recreation of the battle system which requires users to create the actual battles themselves.
2. Undertale is $10 - for a full game that's really cheap, and it'll likely go on sale for even cheaper at some point since it's summer.

ChromaNyan
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Flair: minecraft bundle my beloved <3
Pronouns: she/they

Postby ChromaNyan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:40 pm

the video won't load for me (videos on smbx never do), can you give me a direct link to the video? i might download it if i can at least see what it is.

Return to “LunaLua”