Mafia Discussion

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
computerfan0
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Eejit
Pronouns: it/he/they

Re: Mafia Discussion

Postby computerfan0 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:23 pm

Is there a mininum number of posts to sign up to Mafia?

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It... it worked...

Postby GforGoomba » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:26 pm

computerfan0 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:23 pm
Is there a mininum number of posts to sign up to Mafia?
No

computerfan0
Snifit
Snifit

Postby computerfan0 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:34 pm

OK! So a goomba with 1 post (the post requesting to sign up) can sign up for Mafia?

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby GforGoomba » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:36 pm

computerfan0 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:34 pm
OK! So a goomba with 1 post (the post requesting to sign up) can sign up for Mafia?
Of course. I never had to deal with it myself

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:10 am

computerfan0 wrote:

unfortunately there's not a game until october.

computerfan0
Snifit
Snifit

Postby computerfan0 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:47 am

Cedur wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:10 am
computerfan0 wrote:

unfortunately there's not a game until october.
How come? Well, this proves my point that september is by far the worst month of the year.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:30 am

computerfan0" wrote:How come? Well, this proves my point that september is by far the worst month of the year.
PixelPest wrote:So basically the GMs have agreed that the next game will take place late October as a Hallowe'en special of sorts. Based on how the last few games played out we believe we need a bit of a break instead of continuing games through to the end of the summer as planned, and know everyone starts to get busier come September, so we will resume the idea of special event sort of games every so often starting in late October

There are also other venues that a few players have linked in their signature (Minigame Plaza and MosaicMafia), but these are also inactive due to lack of players atm

Archived
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Archived » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:31 am

PixelPest wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:05 pm
Very similar to what krazykat said, I find it's best to just act pro-Town no matter what your role is, and in a genuine manner too, if you want to survive. This means not being defensive or impulsive and just staying calm, even when someone accuses you of something.
Although that's the best way to play so, it just feels trite to me to use the same strategy of playing safely. The second point is definitely something people have to do. My personal preference is to come up with different ways to interact with the game depending on what I'm feeling to do that game and run with that.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:14 am

Eclipsed wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:31 am
PixelPest wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:05 pm
Very similar to what krazykat said, I find it's best to just act pro-Town no matter what your role is, and in a genuine manner too, if you want to survive. This means not being defensive or impulsive and just staying calm, even when someone accuses you of something.
Although that's the best way to play so, it just feels trite to me to use the same strategy of playing safely. The second point is definitely something people have to do. My personal preference is to come up with different ways to interact with the game depending on what I'm feeling to do that game and run with that.
You have to develop a lot of different strategies and I gave multiple examples, and also take risks (such as trying to infiltrate alliances); it's not really that safe and it's not really trite at all

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Pssshhh, strategies for Mafia? Who needs those.

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby GforGoomba » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:47 pm

Danny wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:46 pm
Pssshhh, strategies for Mafia? Who needs those.
Me

116taj
Spike
Spike

Postby 116taj » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:15 pm

stated this in discord already, but since m54 was very inactive i was thinking its about time we get another poll that would be featured in annoucements so people would see it. i have seen time and time again people that dont know what mafia is so if we can get the admins to show mafia some love we could potentially get enough players to go back the glory days of smbx mafia which i missed unfortunately

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:28 am

116taj wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:15 pm
stated this in discord already, but since m54 was very inactive i was thinking its about time we get another poll that would be featured in annoucements so people would see it. i have seen time and time again people that dont know what mafia is so if we can get the admins to show mafia some love we could potentially get enough players to go back the glory days of smbx mafia which i missed unfortunately
I think it might be worth mentioning in the next monthly thread but I really don't think people would read an announcement if they didn't think it applied to them, but people who read the monthly threads would end up reading it anyway

Return to “Mafia”