To be fixed: 2.0 users attitude to 38A users

This forum is used to discuss topics, propose ideas, and ask questions relating to supermariobrosx.org.
LGLMAKING
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: H E X
Pronouns: ask for pronouns

To be fixed: 2.0 users attitude to 38A users

Postby LGLMAKING » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:25 am

to do- list for this community:

•changing sub-topic name "lunalua" to "scripting", as lunalua isn't the only scripting language smbx has to offer
•give direct acces on the homepage to the smbx forum regarding the latest version of 38A, next to the 2.0 download link, with its own description
•learn users to respect other users, regardless of what version they use. Some users propose their own version (usually 2.0) as a solution to a problem in certain version of the editor, or create articles dedicated to "proving that 38A is trash and to shove 2.0 down everyone's throats". This influences people to think this way and disencourages the offended party to get creative.

If we could fix this, our beloved community would be a diamond amongst internet message boards.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Re: To be fixed: 2.0 users attitude to 38A users

Postby PixelPest » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:41 am

First of all, the idea that 38A is trash is not at all supported by the staff of the community or the SMBX2 devs. We are happy to see people being creative and having a good time with whatever engine suits them best. More recently we have tried to be a little more aware of people putting down the 38A engine and its users and taking action against it as it isn't appropriate.

That being said, those first two suggestions you made aren't going to be implemented. This site does not endorse the 38A engine and we promote SMBX2 as it is a sustainable, well-built project with a development team with who we have good communication. We don't have this relationship with the creator of the 38A engine and the engine and editor itself has a lot of issues in itself. In terms of scripting, people can ask about anything regarding 38A's scripting in Help and Support or on the 38A Discord server. The LunaLua forum is intended solely for discussion of the LunaLua programming API and assistance with using it

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution

Postby Eri7 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:07 am

I honestly think that lately, the 2.0 users have gotten more friendly towards 38A users to a point where there aren't any problems anymore. Yes they do suggest to use 2.0 instead of 38A in order to fix a certain problem but that's because beta 4 is far more likely to come than 1.4.5 which 38A has suspended because we wanted the secret functions of the engine to be unlocked through a program called Hexagon. Most people will always dislike 38A's engine because of what it is, but they have changed and are now way more friendly towards the 38A users. If you feel like you are not getting creative freedom because of the people around you, then try to stay away from these people and find the right group of people that will respect your creative freedom. For example, the 38A discord server does that. Look at me for example, i have both used 38A and 2.0, i have been in both groups but i managed to find a group of people who respect my creative side even if its flawed, i suggest that you do the same and not feel like they disencourage your creativity when they suggest others to use 2.0 because as i explained above, beta 4 is currently a better choice than 1.4.5 which may never come.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:28 am

Not only what Pixel and Eri said but it's rather your own attitude here that is to be fixed, because it's putting blame on the community where it should be put on the developper instead (the physics, the bugs, the lack of compatibility, no open source, a disgusting attitude of his own). Not only he completely refuses to socialize with anyone, but also we have limited experience on dealing with any bugs that this engine may across with. So why not suggest to try the alternative, especially if it has a better chance to work? It's nowhere offensive to tell you that X2 is the better choice and there is no "lack of creative freedom around you" when you're being advised to prefer X2 over 38A.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:17 pm

Just to note this topic has already gone against rules 1 and 3 of this forum. The reason why general addresses to an entire community aren't allowed is due to the fact that not everybody feels the same way as you do, and that type of discussion has always failed to prove to be productive. Everyone is allowed to criticize any version of SMBX, or use any version of SMBX, but the line is drawn at criticizing people for using one version of SMBX over another and getting into general rule breaking with non-substantive threads, trolling, flaming, etc. When that happens and is reported it will be taken care of, otherwise it really isn't anyone else's problem.

TheHazmatGuy
Bit
Bit
Flair: Video Games.

Postby TheHazmatGuy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:37 pm

I feel pretty much all 2.0 users are friendly to 38a users. I feel topics like these put us 38a users in a slightly bad image.
(no offence)

Return to “Site Discussion”