M50: Take It to the Limit Postgame (player analysis)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

M50: Take It to the Limit Postgame (player analysis)

Postby Julia Pseudo » Fri May 25, 2018 10:09 pm

The thrilling (and thematically unrelated) sequel.

Mafia 50: Take It To The Limit
Format: Role Upgrades / Cardflip - 17 Players

Mafia
Disguiser (Eclipsed)
- Shapeshifter
Consort (ShadowStarX)
- Madam
Mafia (Warlock)
- Consigliere
Mafia (TheDinoKing)
- Juror

Townspeople
Sheriff (glitch4)
- Town Constable
Doctor (GforGoomba)
- Surgeon
Vigilante (Cedur)
- Hero
Veteran (Taycamgame)
- General
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
Townsperson
- Doublevoter
Miller (MECHDRAGON777)
Millwright (Danny)
- Townsperson

Weapon Master (Electriking)

- Darker colors indicate upgraded roles, and will appear as the standard color in-game (just used for clarity here).
- If the Doctor saves someone, it will be mentioned that an attempt was made on the player's life.
- Doublevoters lose their double votes if roleblocked on the previous night.
- If a Weapon Master heir has their own ability, they may use their main ability on a separate player than the upgrade target.
- The original Weapon Master may not upgrade their own role.
- Weapon Master heirs have their roles automatically upgraded when they become the Weapon Master.
- The Veteran does not kill the Weapon Master when targeted for an upgrade.
- The Veteran kills the Consort if visited while on alert.
- Weapon Masters no longer need to upgrade a player each night if all living players have been upgraded.
- The original Weapon Master steals victory from other teams and ends the game upon achieving a win condition.
- The original Weapon Master cannot win after dying (by upgrading every player on a particular team).
- The lowest-ranked living mafioso carries out the Mafia's kills, for the purposes of visitation.

Role PMs
Spoiler: show
You are the Disguiser! You are a sneaky and deceptive mafioso who creates false identities. Each night, you may disguise yourself as one player, and will appear to be them if you are inspected on the same night. Additionally, you will conspire with your allies in the mafia to kill one player each night.
Your role has been upgraded to Shapeshifter! Your disguises are now so convincing that you will appear as the player you're disguised as when you die as well. Your disguises will wear off on the next night.
You are the Consort! Although your husband, the Godfather, is away this game, you're still taking care of business. Each night, you may block one player's ability. Additionally, you will conspire with your allies in the mafia to kill one player each night.
Your role has been upgraded to Madam! Your distraction abilities are now more potent than ever, and they will now leave your target in a daze that prevents them from speaking on the next day.
You are a member of the Mafia! You are a gangster working for the local crime family with aspirations of greatness. Each night, you will conspire with your allies in the mafia to kill one player.
Your role has been upgraded to Consigliere! Each night, you may conduct reconnaissance on one player to learn their exact role.
You are a member of the Mafia! You are a gangster working for the local crime family with aspirations of greatness. Each night, you will conspire with your allies in the mafia to kill one player - and as of now, you're the one doing the killing.
Your role has been upgraded to Juror! Having worked your way into a position of power in the town, your vote now counts twice as much as the other players'.
You are the Sheriff! You are the only law enforcement officer in this small town. Each night, you may inspect one player to learn their cardflip color.
Your role has been upgraded to Town Constable! With better investigative resources at your disposal, your inspections now allow you to learn your target's exact role. You won't know if they've been upgraded, though.
You are the Doctor! You are a well-trained emergency room physician. Each night, you can heal one player (not yourself; self-medication is dangerous) to prevent them from being night killed.
Your role has been upgraded to Surgeon! Now sporting a renewed medical license, your healing ability will also protect the target from any other mafia abilities affecting them on the same night.
You are the Vigilante! You take justice into your own hands to protect the town. Each night, you can kill one player.
Your role has been upgraded to Hero! More law-conscious than before, you'll think twice about killing an innocent, so if you attempt to kill an innocent your ability will automatically fail on that night.
You are the Veteran! Although you left the army years ago, you still pack quite a punch if threatened. Twice throughout the whole game, you may go on alert during the night, killing anyone who visits you - friend or foe.
Your role has been upgraded to General! Having re-joined the army, your increased military resources have granted you an extra two alerts to use during the night.
You are a Townsperson! You're just a regular townsperson with no special abilities.

You might be the Miller or Millwright, but you can't say for sure.
Your role has been upgraded to Doublevoter! Your charismatic style now grants you votes that count twice as much as the other players'.
Your role has been upgraded to Townsperson! Although you were previously the <Miller/Millwright>, you now cardflip green as a recognized member of the community.
You are the Weapon Master! You've come to town to sell your weapons, and the townspeople's conflict with the mafia is sure to be lucrative. Each night, you must visit one player to sell them weapons and upgrade their role - if you fail to do so, you'll be so anxious about your shaky profit margins that you'll have a heart attack and die. Before you die, you may specify an heir to leave your weapons and responsibilities to when you die (you may update your choice of heir at any time) - otherwise, a random player will stumble upon your warehouse and take on your responsibilities themselves.

You win either by surviving to see every player in either the town or mafia upgraded, or by surviving to the natural end of the game. Either way, you'll steal victory from the opposition.
You are the new Weapon Master! The old Weapon Master left you their wares when they died, and you're now responsible for upgrading one player's role each night.
If you fail to upgrade someone's role each night, you'll stay awake all night, anxious about your enemies learning your secrets and you'll die of sleep deprivation. Before you die, you may specify an heir to leave your weapons and responsibilities to when you die (you may update your choice of heir at any time) - otherwise, a random player will stumble upon your warehouse and take on your responsibilities themselves.

The following players have been upgraded so far:
Changelog: show
Version 1.1
- Replaced one Miller with a Millwright.
- Clarified that the Disguiser can still fool the Town Constable.
- Clarified that the Doctor can't protect itself.
- Clarified that new Weapon Master heirs receive a list of upgraded players as opposed to the upgraded players themselves; this was an error.
- Clarified that Weapon Masters must upgrade players who have not already been upgraded.
- Clarified that Weapon Masters need not upgrade once all other players have been upgraded.
- Clarified that Weapon Master heirs keep upgrades if they were upgraded beforehand.
- Clarified that the Veteran kills the Consort if visited while on alert.

Version 1.2
- The Consigliere now learns exact roles.
- Weapon Master heirs now have their roles upgraded when they are promoted.
- Clarified that the Hero's upgraded ability only affects their own night kills.
Players
1. Electriking (Weapon Master)
2. SAStar777 (Townsperson)
3. Cedur (Vigilante)
4. glitch4 (Sheriff)
5. xDestroy (Townsperson)
6. 116taj (Townsperson)
7. Warlock (Consigliere)
8. Danny (Townsperson, upgraded from Millwright) (Weapon Master heir)
9. Taycamgame (Veteran)
10. Musicaliy_Minister45 (Townsperson)
11. TheDinoKing (Mafia, possible Juror upgrade)
12. thehelmetguy1 (Townsperson)
13. MECHDRAGON777 (Miller)
14. Eclipsed (Disguiser)
15. GforGoomba (Doctor)
16. Zeldamaster12 (Townsperson)
17. ShadowStarX (Madam)

Backups
1. TheDinoKing (replaced Radiance on Night 1)
2. ShadowStarX (replaced Witchking666 on Night 2)

Death Messages
Spoiler: show
Night 1
thehelmetguy1 found himself on the receiving end of a blow to the head.
thehelmetguy1 has died!

Taycamgame was shot last night.
Taycamgame has died!

Day 1
It's an insta!

MECHDRAGON777 was drawn and quartered, then hanged in the town square without remorse.
MECHDRAGON777 has died!

Night 2
Eclipsed was murdered in his own home during a solar eclipse.
Eclipsed has died!

GforGoomba was found dead in a back alley, having been stabbed.
GforGoomba has died!

Day 2
It's a knife in the box!

The townspeople couldn't decide whether to lynch Electriking or Musicality_Minister45, but eventually decided on Musicality_Minister45.
Musicality_Minister45 has died!

Night 3
Electriking was found choked to death in his home this morning.
Electriking has died!

Day 3
It's an insta!

The townspeople took a long time to decide on their next course of action, but eventually agreed to hang 116taj.
116taj has died!

Night 4
xDestroy was found dead in his home this morning. His throat was sliced.
xDestroy has died!

Cedur faced the guillotine last night, in his own home.
Cedur has died!

Danny stayed up late last night, afraid that someone would spill his secrets, and died of sleep deprivation.
Danny has died!

The mafia stepped out of the shadows, their dark deeds complete. ShadowStarX, the Consort, cackled along with his associates, Warlock the corrupt investigator and TheDinoKing, the short-of-speech mafioso.

THE MAFIA WINS!
Link to Google Doc (contains ability usages, etc.)

My personal thoughts
This game went alright. People were mostly active and doing good investigative work and such, though there were also a few inactive players. The mafia did a good job of getting people to trust them and suspect other, innocent players. Although they were in contact with each other, the town specials didn't get that much done together and ended up suspecting and later killing a lot of innocents, but they did put in a lot of effort. I also appreciate the amount of suspicion lists put out. The activity from newer players such as Eclipsed, GforGoomba and Taycamgame also makes me optimistic for future games. Thanks for playing, everyone, and great job to the mafia!

Player Analysis

Electriking: The Weapon Master. Did a pretty good job of averting suspicion from himself, but it didn't stop him from being killed by the mafia ultimately. Unfortunately, there's not much that he could do.
SAStar777: Townsperson. Rightfully suspicious and contributed to the town well; he made a suspicion list that was highly inaccurate but still contributed to town activity a very good amount. The Town MVP, he actually contributed a ton overall.
Cedur: The Vigilante. While he was sufficiently active, he didn't do a very good job as Vigilante, really, and killed 3 townspeople. While he also killed a mafioso, this all didn't help the town much. Not killing someone is OK too...
glitch4: The Sheriff. While fairly inactive in the thread, he did a good job as Sheriff and his inspections made a lot of sense, and he did contribute in the thread and on Discord a bit, at least. Good showing overall.
xDestroy: Townsperson. Didn't do a very good job of getting suspicion off of him, due to aligning with Warlock a whole lot.
116taj: Townsperson. Not as active as he could've been, which effectively led to him being lynched. Talk more.
Warlock: Mafioso/Consigliere. The Mafia MVP (and overall MVP); did a great job of keeping suspicion off of him for the whole game; even when he started to be suspected most people thought xDestroy was more suspicious than him.
Danny: Townsperson/Weapon Master heir. Led to the town's loss via inactivity.
Taycamgame: The Veteran. Died Night 1.
Musicality_Minister45: Townsperson. Didn't do a lot to defend himself while being voted for, although admittedly there may not have been a lot he could've done. The victim of bad circumstances.
TheDinoKing: Mafioso/Juror. While no one suspected him for the most part, it was due to his inactivity throughout the game, which isn't a very good precedent.
thehelmetguy1: Townsperson. Died Night 1.
MECHDRAGON777: The Miller. Being the miller can suck; he was doomed as soon as he was inspected red. Not a lot he could do.
Eclipsed: The Disguiser. An impressively scheming and active mafia member behind the scenes, especially considering how early he died. I anxiously await further participation from you in future mafia games.
GforGoomba: The Doctor. There is almost always no good reason to claim doctor in the early game, and this was no exception - it will only lead to you being roleblocked or killed repeatedly and there's not a lot you can do about that. Still, you did a pretty good job of working with the rest of the town after you claimed. Let this be a learning experience - we await your return in future games.
Zeldamaster12: Townsperson. Not as active as he could've been, especially as a doublevoter. Seemed like he was more of a follower than the leader he could've been.
ShadowStarX: The Consort. Very good showing as a mafioso, especially since he was called as a backup on Day 2. His actions both behind the scenes and in public were highly influential, and he wasn't suspected much at all. Good job.

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It... it worked...

Re: M50: Take It to the Limit Postgame

Postby GforGoomba » Fri May 25, 2018 10:11 pm

2 post game threads? Why

Radiance
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Radiance » Sat May 26, 2018 12:18 am

Lmao the game already ended when I came back home. Anyways congrats mafia

SAStar777
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby SAStar777 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:23 am

I'm honestly upset with how this game went, and not because it ended with the mafia winning. (I mean, I AM upset about that, but that's not part of it.)

The reasons I'm upset with how this game went are...
  • Inactivity.
  • Cedur killed Taycam Night 1 even though this was only Taycam's second game.
  • Danny's inactivity getting himself killed since he was a WM heir.
  • Said inactivity death bringing an abrupt end to this game.
  • The fact that we could only get one mafia member killed.

sigh...I think I may need some time to cool off. I apologize if I came off as too angry and/or salty when making this post.

See you guys in the next game.

Archived
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Archived » Sat May 26, 2018 3:56 am

Woot, mafia won

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Sat May 26, 2018 4:36 am

SaStar77 wrote:Cedur killed Taycam Night 1 even though this was only Taycam's second game.

I had a reason to kill him. We're close friends and during all of the chaos of N1, I would have expected him to speak with me about it but he didn't. I suspected that "instead of speaking with me, he was speaking with the mafia". Knowing that the life of blues was at stake, shooting was mandatory for me every night, and this was my best lead before I got firm about killing Eclipsed.

Also you need to lay off your nervous and anxious state of mood during the game. You didn't really investigate either, and you were so anxious about my state as alliance leader that we suspected you and used an inspection on you.

Positive things:
- I killed Eclipsed and figured out Warlock, albeit within the wrong theory
- nobody managed to infiltrate the alliance
- we found the Weapon Master

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Sat May 26, 2018 5:09 am

Cedur wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:36 am
SaStar77 wrote:Cedur killed Taycam Night 1 even though this was only Taycam's second game.
I had a reason to kill him. We're close friends and during all of the chaos of N1, I would have expected him to speak with me about it but he didn't. I suspected that "instead of speaking with me, he was speaking with the mafia". Knowing that the life of blues was at stake, shooting was mandatory for me every night, and this was my best lead before I got firm about killing Eclipsed.
Not to mention i was the Veteran - if i used my special N1 then Cedur would have died, so i am thankful i didn't. Either way one of us would have died N1, it was best to keep the Vigi (Cedur) alive.

Anyway, gg guys, i look forward to the next one!

TDK
Foo
Foo
Flair: Retired

Postby TDK » Sat May 26, 2018 3:44 pm

That was a sudden end.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:31 pm

I knew I was the miller. GG though.

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby GforGoomba » Sat May 26, 2018 4:33 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:31 pm
How? Do you carry your ruses postgame?

Archived
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Archived » Sat May 26, 2018 10:37 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:33 pm
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
The rolelist is posted on the first post.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:30 am

Eclipsed wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:37 pm
GforGoomba wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:33 pm
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
The rolelist is posted on the first post.
What I said was about knowing I was miller during the game becuase I claimed miller during the game.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sun May 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Player Analysis

Electriking: The Weapon Master. Did a pretty good job of averting suspicion from himself, but it didn't stop him from being killed by the mafia ultimately. Unfortunately, there's not much that he could do.
SAStar777: Townsperson. Rightfully suspicious and contributed to the town well; he made a suspicion list that was highly inaccurate but still contributed to town activity a very good amount. The Town MVP, he actually contributed a ton overall.
Cedur: The Vigilante. While he was sufficiently active, he didn't do a very good job as Vigilante, really, and killed 3 townspeople. While he also killed a mafioso, this all didn't help the town much. Not killing someone is OK too...
glitch4: The Sheriff. While fairly inactive in the thread, he did a good job as Sheriff and his inspections made a lot of sense, and he did contribute in the thread and on Discord a bit, at least. Good showing overall.
xDestroy: Townsperson. Didn't do a very good job of getting suspicion off of him, due to aligning with Warlock a whole lot.
116taj: Townsperson. Not as active as he could've been, which effectively led to him being lynched. Talk more.
Warlock: Mafioso/Consigliere. The Mafia MVP (and overall MVP); did a great job of keeping suspicion off of him for the whole game; even when he started to be suspected most people thought xDestroy was more suspicious than him.
Danny: Townsperson/Weapon Master heir. Led to the town's loss via inactivity.
Taycamgame: The Veteran. Died Night 1.
Musicality_Minister45: Townsperson. Didn't do a lot to defend himself while being voted for, although admittedly there may not have been a lot he could've done. The victim of bad circumstances.
TheDinoKing: Mafioso/Juror. While no one suspected him for the most part, it was due to his inactivity throughout the game, which isn't a very good precedent.
thehelmetguy1: Townsperson. Died Night 1.
MECHDRAGON777: The Miller. Being the miller can suck; he was doomed as soon as he was inspected red. Not a lot he could do.
Eclipsed: The Disguiser. An impressively scheming and active mafia member behind the scenes, especially considering how early he died. I anxiously await further participation from you in future mafia games.
GforGoomba: The Doctor. There is almost always no good reason to claim doctor in the early game, and this was no exception - it will only lead to you being roleblocked or killed repeatedly and there's not a lot you can do about that. Still, you did a pretty good job of working with the rest of the town after you claimed. Let this be a learning experience - we await your return in future games.
Zeldamaster12: Townsperson. Not as active as he could've been, especially as a doublevoter. Seemed like he was more of a follower than the leader he could've been.
ShadowStarX: The Consort. Very good showing as a mafioso, especially since he was called as a backup on Day 2. His actions both behind the scenes and in public were highly influential, and he wasn't suspected much at all. Good job.

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby GforGoomba » Sun May 27, 2018 4:03 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:32 pm
Thank you. I have learned my lesson and will do better (if I am D*ct*r) next game.

Return to “Mafia”