Themes

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Themes

Postby Emral » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:26 am

I suggested this a while ago in the site discussion thread but it got buried below other discussions and never got any attention, so I figured I'd try to give it a shot in its own topic.

The question is simple: how about some new themes? Main idea is to have one for each other game featured in vanilla smbx (SMB1,2,SMW,Metroid,Zelda) to give people a way to customise the site to their liking (right now people who don't like the SMB3 theme are stuck with prosilver which doesn't realy carry that mario spirit).
Sooo what is the stance on accepting new themes? If the code for our SMB3 theme was made public, other users could come up with their own themes and suggest them for inclusion on the site, in order to make it more colourful. I'd definitely work on a SMW theme.

-generic thread outro-
Last edited by Emral on Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Themes

Postby Cedur » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:41 am

Or how about some seasonal themes, like Easter, Halloween and Christmas as well? That would be cool.

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:17 am

Only thing though is that different coloured sizeables would break some user avatars like mine, but otherwise, themes would be really cool!

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:20 am

Snessy the duck wrote:Only thing though is that different coloured sizeables would break some user avatars like mine, but otherwise, themes would be really cool!
They don't have to necessarily be all the generic SMB3 Block sizeables. That'd be lame and very limited. The point is to offer variety.
Besides, that isn't really a "new" thing...

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:26 am

Enjl wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:Only thing though is that different coloured sizeables would break some user avatars like mine, but otherwise, themes would be really cool!
They don't have to necessarily be all the generic SMB3 Block sizeables. That'd be lame and very limited. The point is to offer variety.
Besides, that isn't really a "new" thing...
Yeah, variety is great, just saying that they would probably be broken.

I really do like the concept of themes. MFGG has done something very similar (With the New Super MFGG Bros. thing) and I would see it as a welcome addition! Also, how about we had themes based on level themes and not game themes. This means we could have a forest, underground or snowy theme, similar to the non-forum parts of SMBX.org. It would still be really cool if we had themes based on different games, like SMW!

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:42 am

How about a custom theme? Just saying...

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:00 am

Sounds like a great idea, since I'm getting sick of smb3 theme.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Splatoon 3: Side Order enthusiast
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:17 pm

Enjl wrote:I suggested this a while ago in the site discussion thread but it got buried below other discussions and never got any attention, so I figured I'd try to give it a shot in its own topic.

The question is simple: how about some new themes? Main idea is to have one for each other game featured in vanilla smbx (SMB1,2,SMW,Metroid,Zelda) to give people a way to customise the site to their liking (right now people who don't like the SMB3 theme are stuck with prosilver which doesn't realy carry that mario spirit).
Sooo what is the stance on accepting new themes? If the code for our SMB3 theme was made public, other users could come up with their own themes and suggest them for inclusion on the site, in order to make it more colourful. I'd definitely work on a SMW theme.

-generic thread outro-
We could have custom, choosable color themes that represent a certain Mario character (ex: Red and White for Mario theme, Green and White for Luigi theme, Red and Pink for Peach, Blue, White, and Red for Toad, Lime, White, and Orange for Yoshi, Orange, Yellow, and Green for Bowser, Yellow and Green for Koopa, Brown and Black for Goomba, etc.) along with that character's insignia decorated somewhere on the site. Registered users could pick one of those themes or create their own (I don't know how that one will work though)

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:42 pm

This sounds like a great idea. PGE already supportes this, so why not have the smbx forums support it?

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:02 pm

I'd be repetitive for to say basically what has already been said so yeah i agree with what just about everyone else said.

Enderfan
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Flair: ★The Master of Dimensions★

Postby Enderfan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:41 am

I'd like to see themes with darker, warmer colors.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”