A costume section? ;)

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
brentellison11
Goomba
Goomba

A costume section? ;)

Postby brentellison11 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:03 am

Since smbx 2.0 added the addition of costumes iv been searching every were for random costumes to add to my costume folder collection and I feel like it would be allot easier if you guys just added a section dedicated to costumes. Thank you for your time ;)

p.s. i have no idea how adding sections work so if its not easy to do sorry for the hassle. :mrgreen:

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Re: A costume section? ;)

Postby PixelPest » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:38 pm

That could be a good subforum for graphics imo. Or a stickied costumes thread for sharing them would work too

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:14 pm

This would also have to have these to be separated from normal player custom graphics, which is also the rules for submitting costumes to the SMBX 2.0 open beta.
1. No hitbox inaccuracies (using LunaLua)
2. Must have all forms
3. Must have a proper formatting file

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:57 pm

I don't think a whole subforum would really be all that appropiate. I think for the time being it's fine if you submit them like regular graphics. If there's a lot of them there may be a sticky but I don't think there's any need for it currently.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:09 pm

Spinda wrote:I don't think a whole subforum would really be all that appropiate. I think for the time being it's fine if you submit them like regular graphics. If there's a lot of them there may be a sticky but I don't think there's any need for it currently.
Yeah, I think a sticky would do in the gfx forum.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:19 pm

Spinda wrote:If there's a lot of them there may be a sticky but I don't think there's any need for it currently.
I think if we made a sticky it would promote more development of them

Dr Vivian
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Dr Vivian » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:30 am

A topic at least with a collection of costumes or links to costumes would be pretty neat. I've been going and collecting lots of older "costumes" that don't have scripting to adjust size and stuff, so it's not perfect...but it's fun to do!

Tiger Festival
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Tiger Festival » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:13 pm

I'm for a costume section, it'll keep the gfx forum from getting cluttered plus ppl won't have to search throughout the entire gfx section just to find costumes. Speaking of which I'd better finish the costume I'm currently working on.

Dr Vivian
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Dr Vivian » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:04 am

I feel like this is relevant to this topic.
Is there a guide of any sort on how to adjust sizes for costumes using a "costume" lua file? I think I could figure it out based on the existing ones, but I've never scripted with Lua before and I haven't found that information anywhere else.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:23 am

You use a .ini file and modify mario-1.ini, mario-2.ini, etc. as you would with custom graphics. There should be default .ini files you can look at included

Dr Vivian
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Dr Vivian » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:15 am

Thanks, I've almost gotten it working.

I've been browsing the forums looking for more information on this but I can't seem to find it. I found a thread asking if what I'm trying to do is possible, and apparently it is, but it was never stated how.

I heard you can change the frames you use for an animation, (number of frames, sequence of frames, etc.) and do stuff like give Link a different animation for jumping that's different from his ducking. And the .ini files have a section for that, but it doesn't seem to work! Also, I can't seem to change the size of "death" effects for NPCs or characters. I even copy effect notepads from other resource folders and it still doesn't work!

Also wondering if it was possible to alter the hitbox for Link's sword, Snake's punch, Bowser's punch, etc. To make it bigger, smaller, shorter, longer, etc. Projectiles I think are easy to change because they are NPCs/effects.

If I figure all this out I can start uploading costumes!

Tiger Festival
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Tiger Festival » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:36 pm

Dr Vivian wrote:Thanks, I've almost gotten it working.

I've been browsing the forums looking for more information on this but I can't seem to find it. I found a thread asking if what I'm trying to do is possible, and apparently it is, but it was never stated how.

I heard you can change the frames you use for an animation, (number of frames, sequence of frames, etc.) and do stuff like give Link a different animation for jumping that's different from his ducking. And the .ini files have a section for that, but it doesn't seem to work! Also, I can't seem to change the size of "death" effects for NPCs or characters. I even copy effect notepads from other resource folders and it still doesn't work!

Also wondering if it was possible to alter the hitbox for Link's sword, Snake's punch, Bowser's punch, etc. To make it bigger, smaller, shorter, longer, etc. Projectiles I think are easy to change because they are NPCs/effects.

If I figure all this out I can start uploading costumes!
I asked this same question some time ago. It's not possible to make use of new frames.I tried it, it didn't work and then I asked about it was told luna only works with existing frames,not new ones. Read this post in the topic I made.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16924#p244211

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:56 pm

There are 100 frames that can be used. You can configure a .ini file named <player name>-<power-up>.ini (so mario-1.ini for example) to do so. It's done for most of the new characters and their costumes in 2.0

Dr Vivian
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Dr Vivian » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:44 am

Okay, so...I've been using an Ini file. And with it I've been able to adjust the hitbox and alignment and such and it's mostly good. But I can't figure out how to add frames. There's a section for adding new frames and such, but it doesn't seem to work.

Should I upload my Ini file or something?

timocomsmbx2345
Nipper
Nipper

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:51 pm

I would want to see more ridiculous costumes. like more ridiculous than a penguin over peach.

Dr Vivian
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Dr Vivian » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:34 am

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:I would want to see more ridiculous costumes. like more ridiculous than a penguin over peach.
Is Mai Shiranui replacing Toad ridiculous? I'm working on it...

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”