Everything is the Ice Level

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Everything is the Ice Level

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:18 pm

So, a random project I started. The title is self explanatory, but if not: Every level has ice physics.
Plans:
8 world with 4 levels each
1 end game world with 4 challenging levels
A life house for each world

Story: It's revealed throughout the game by a toad who's high.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Image ImageImage

SCREENSHOTS ARE IN BETA, WILL BE UPDATED SOON

Progress
Spoiler: show
World 1: 100% (Now on to bugfixes)
World 2: 20%
World 3: 0%
World 4: 0%
World 5: 0%
World 6: 0%
World 7: 0%
World 8: 0%
World S: 0%
Support: Amazing Banner made by: Isaac David

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16039][img]http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/Slimeman01/cc1rrGT_zpsj1gjmhit.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Matt_The_Slime on Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

ProngoKingdom
Tweeter
Tweeter

Re: Everything is the Ice Level

Postby ProngoKingdom » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:44 pm

By Ice Level, do you mean snow and ice themed levels, every level in the episode being named "the Ice Level" or the hidden minigame in PvZ?

Uhuh, yeah, the worldmap looks okay though the cave is kinda boring-looking. As for the not at all ice level screenshot, it looks alright though it could use a bit more BGOs (maybe the SMW tree). Couple of actual questions.

1. Is this episode in vanilla SMBX? I haven't seen a single custom graphic so far.
2. What do you mean by "life houses"?

Also, I might be able to make a banner for you if you'd like.
And good luck on your project.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:12 pm

ProngoKingdom wrote:By Ice Level, do you mean snow and ice themed levels, every level in the episode being named "the Ice Level" or the hidden minigame in PvZ?

Uhuh, yeah, the worldmap looks okay though the cave is kinda boring-looking. As for the not at all ice level screenshot, it looks alright though it could use a bit more BGOs (maybe the SMW tree). Couple of actual questions.

1. Is this episode in vanilla SMBX? I haven't seen a single custom graphic so far.
2. What do you mean by "life houses"?

Also, I might be able to make a banner for you if you'd like.
And good luck on your project.
To clarify (Sorry this is my fault, I didn't put enough detail in the topic post, doing that now)
What I mean is that every level has ice physics, I thought it could bring interesting challenge to an episode
The cave is currently the rough "outline", I'm adding stuff to it later on though!
Thank you for the screenshot feedback, I kinda felt the same with how the level look bare, but I decided to not add anything more.

To answer the questions:
1) The only Custom Graphic is the High Toad, where I recoloured his spots blue (I'm going to recolour it like SMB2 toad)
2) Every world will have toad houses, where you can grab extra lives.
Also, I would love it if you could make a banner! You will get credit for it in the topic post!

IsaacDavid
Koopa
Koopa

Postby IsaacDavid » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:47 am

I Can Make the Banner 4 ya

LM280
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby LM280 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:05 pm

A little note about the world map, you should put the music directly on the Start level tile, and you don't need them around every level. You only need music where it will change, because the music that was playing when you enter the level will continue after you finish. The only place you need music tiles is at the game start and where the music will change (ex: on pipes to maps where the music is different / at the edge of an area where the music will change)

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Postby CynicHost » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:11 pm

This'll be good.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:31 am

UPDATE: World 1 is officially finished! Now on to bug fixes and world 2

ProngoKingdom
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby ProngoKingdom » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:06 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

Thabks for clarifying all my questions, I actually didn't notice the toad's recolor at first, as for the lifehouses however, I wouldn't exactly say they're the best idea ever, since they can be revisited over and over. Maybe make them so that you have to do a little challenge at first to get the lives.

Do you need any level designers by the way?

Return to “Projects”