Oh SMB3!

This is the place to post levels that are made just for fun.
Reverse back 2 me
Spiny
Spiny

Oh SMB3!

Postby Reverse back 2 me » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:00 pm

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2K2NR ... sp=sharing

This level is a SMBX level made by me inspired by SMB3.
Enjoy!

Mariogamer435
Spiny
Spiny

Re: Oh SMB3!

Postby Mariogamer435 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:12 pm

i played it...it was amazing! its fun, puzzling, and really cool! i made it to the star and i loved it!

10/10

also i have a question. is this from smb3 or not? ;)

Reverse back 2 me
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Reverse back 2 me » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:53 pm

I said the level was inspired by SMB3, not a level from SMB3, so I used the SMB3 style.

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Postby CynicHost » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:54 pm

Unofficial Review of Oh SMB3! by Reverse back 2 me

I’m not really sure what kind of level this was trying to be. I don’t know, maybe I’m missing something here, but was this a puzzle level? Because it seemed to me that this may have been an attempt to make a puzzle level, but all the experience was for me was just constant backtracking to try to get everything in the level, and for what purpose, exactly? You can get the star pretty quickly without collecting a single coin. Is this what the level is meant to be, a giant collect-a-thon? Because all these “puzzles” involves the player running back and forth, knowing exactly what to do all the time, completing meaningless and repetitive tasks. Try to mix it up a bit next time, and for crying out loud, don't make the player be small Mario! Sometimes I found myself having to restart the level because there was no enemy around to kill me - for example at the start of the level, where you give the player a mushroom right away, then force them to take a hit so they can be small enough to go through a tiny gap. That’s just really bad design and quite unintuitive.

If you were trying to make a normal level, well then I don’t know what to say. It looks like you spammed blocks, coins and NPC’s randomly all around the level and called it a day. It just doesn’t look very clean and nice to look at, I felt like I was playing a SLIGE level. And like I said, all of these monotonous tasks are ultimately pointless because you can just run past every single obstacle and grab the star!

Overall, this just wasn’t fun to play at all. Thankfully it was shorter than this review at least. But try to listen to my feedback, I’m sure you can improve.
Last edited by CynicHost on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mariogamer435
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Mariogamer435 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:17 am

Reverse back 2 me wrote:I said the level was inspired by SMB3, not a level from SMB3, so I used the SMB3 style.
oh ok! thanks!

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:07 am

Merlin wrote:Unofficial Review of Oh SMB3! by Reverse back 2 me

I’m not really sure what kind of level this was trying to be. I don’t know, maybe I’m missing something here, but was this a puzzle level? Because it seemed to me that this may have been an attempt to make a puzzle level, but all the experience was for me was just constant backtracking to try to get everything in the level, and for what purpose, exactly? You can get the star pretty quickly without collecting a single coin. Is this what the level is meant to be, a giant collect-a-thon? Because all these “puzzles” involves the player running back and forth, knowing exactly what to do all the time, completing meaningless and repetitive tasks. Try to mix it up a bit next time, and for crying out loud, DON’T MAKE THE PLAYER BE SMALL MARIO! Sometimes I found myself having to restart the level because there was no enemy around to kill me - for example at the start of the level, where you give the player a mushroom right away, then force them to take a hit so they can be small enough to go through a tiny gap. That’s just really bad design and quite unintuitive.

If you were trying to make a normal level, well then I don’t know what to say. It looks like you spammed blocks, coins and NPC’s randomly all around the level and called it a day. It just doesn’t look very clean and nice to look at, I felt like I was playing a SLIGE level. And like I said, all of these monotonous tasks are ultimately pointless because you can just run past every single obstacle and grab the star!

Overall, this just wasn’t fun to play at all. Thankfully it was shorter than this review at least. But try to listen to my feedback, I’m sure you can improve.

Rating: 1.5/10
You can give feedback, but please don't post a scored review for casual levels

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:22 am

Why not?

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Postby CynicHost » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:00 am

PixelPest wrote:You can give feedback, but please don't post a scored review for casual levels
I swear I didn't see that this was a casual level! Sorry, I edited my post.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:35 pm

There's no problem with scoring Casual levels, they just won't be moved

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:09 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:There's no problem with scoring Casual levels, they just won't be moved
Ah. Okay. I was under the impression that they weren't supposed to be scored either as they were just for fun

Return to “Casual Levels”