Border of Life

This is the place to post your own levels.

What can you say about level's difficulty?

Too easy for this level type
No votes
Tough, but fair
50%
It's ok, but too many boos or NPC generators at end
50%
Completely Unfair
No votes

Total votes: 2
litchh
Eerie
Eerie

Border of Life

Postby litchh » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:42 am

Created for Haunted/Scary Level Contest long long ago :D

It's all about life and death, about border between living and dead. Border has been opened and it's not in the heavens right now. This level has 3 stars and 2 midforms in. First one is before checkpoint, second is required to get second star.

I didn't decide to place here this level before, because I found it horribly unbalanced. Right now I only fixed spellcard for the first midform, so playes gets warn about last note attack and have some time to get away from the fire line. Maybe it would be better, if I remove some boos at end, but I didn't decide yet :3

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gra0l ... f+Life.zip

Credits:
Kyo - Power Star
bossedit8 - pentas & red projectiles
Chad - Star Sign
Marina - pink recolored tileset, bamboo, waterfall, grass, misc stuff
Maneko - ripped Yuyuko Saigyouji from Gensokyo Gensou Nikki
litchh - Custom Super Marisa Land NPCs, Sister Prismriver Statues and notes, Touhou flashing bullets, SMW Recolored Z2 Spearman & White Bot

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: Border of Life

Postby HeroLinik » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:55 am

My review from the contest:

Border of Life - 6/10
Now here's an interesting take on the haunted/scary level concept. It's a Touhou level, and while it doesn't look creepy at first, it still maintains the rather creepy atmosphere, yet it doesn't throw it in your face. The main ideas here are about life and death. There are still Boos in the level, but they aren't as common as the Touhou enemies, but the way they are used brought some nice gimmicks such as the diagonal Boos in the final section. I also liked the atmosphere and the presentation of the level, as well as the projectile-dodging Touhou segments, although that's where the level's problems lie. The first Touhou segment is just before the checkpoint, and if the player isn't used to it, it can be really hard, and then they have to retrace all their steps because they died just before the checkpoint. Towards the end it basically turned into "see how far you can get dodging all these enemies" and I'm glad the level has a decent length to stop it being too hard.

The Thwomp King
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Postby The Thwomp King » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:52 am

litchh wrote:Created for Haunted/Scary Level Contest long long ago :D

It's all about life and death, about border between living and dead. Border has been opened and it's not in the heavens right now. This level has 3 stars and 2 midforms in. First one is before checkpoint, second is required to get second star.

I didn't decide to place here this level before, because I found it horribly unbalanced. Right now I only fixed spellcard for the first midform, so playes gets warn about last note attack and have some time to get away from the fire line. Maybe it would be better, if I remove some boos at end, but I didn't decide yet :3

Screenshots:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gra0l ... f+Life.zip

Credits:
Kyo - Power Star
bossedit8 - pentas & red projectiles
Chad - Star Sign
Marina - pink recolored tileset, bamboo, waterfall, grass, misc stuff
Maneko - ripped Yuyuko Saigyouji from Gensokyo Gensou Nikki
litchh - Custom Super Marisa Land NPCs, Sister Prismriver Statues and notes, Touhou flashing bullets, SMW Recolored Z2 Spearman & White Bot
Is this edited at all from when you used it for the haunted contest?

litchh
Eerie
Eerie

Postby litchh » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:08 am

I edited only spellcard with notes for the first midform.

Return to “Levels”