Pipe Climb #BackToBasics

This is the place to post your own levels.
MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Pipe Climb #BackToBasics

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:20 pm

I believe this is the first pipe level in this category, so I felt inspired and I needed to contribute to the cause!

NOTE: There's a secret tanooki suit in this level that can be legitimately obtained. Can you figure out how to find it?

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler: show

DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nytv2l28zpjd6 ... b.zip?dl=0

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Pipe Climb #BackToBasics

Postby Valtteri » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:06 pm

That is no way to use the giant empty ? blocks. I suspect you may just be a faker.

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:13 pm

I am sorry, I did not remember any other way to interconnect those pipes, I did what I could

I'm sorry if this goes against the etiquette

Ace
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Ace » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:13 pm

Valtteri wrote:That is no way to use the giant empty ? blocks. I suspect you may just be a faker.
Custom graphics can make levels more similar to SMB3. However, custom graphics also make a level worse. Sometimes it's worth it to not include any custom graphics to maximize the quality of the level.
As for the level, this looks very interesting, I'm really getting a SMB3 World 7 vibe from this! I'll play this level later.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:21 pm

Ace wrote:
Valtteri wrote:That is no way to use the giant empty ? blocks. I suspect you may just be a faker.
Custom graphics can make levels more similar to SMB3. However, custom graphics also make a level worse. Sometimes it's worth it to not include any custom graphics to maximize the quality of the level.
As for the level, this looks very interesting, I'm really getting a SMB3 World 7 vibe from this! I'll play this level later.
But your guidelines say they can be used if needed, which I suggest they are here and would make this level better

Ace
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Ace » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:22 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Ace wrote:
But your guidelines say they can be used if needed, which I suggest they are here and would make this level better
Yes they can be used as needed, but the guidelines clearly state that custom graphics can only make levels worse, not better.
Sometimes you need to make your levels worse in order to achieve a certain look. Sometimes it's not worth it.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:10 am

Nien wrote:I am sorry, I did not remember any other way to interconnect those pipes, I did what I could

I'm sorry if this goes against the etiquette
I would use the giant wood blocks to connect pipes, personally.

This was a fun level by the way, one of the best vanilla levels I've played in quite a while really.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:52 am

short Review of Pipe Climb based on SMB3's standarts

This is a SMB3 level based on World 7 pipe maze one. The level design is nicely done, such as note blocks placed here and I love the NPC placement, as it looks great, too. The graphics aren't terrible and the decoration is done well. The secret tanooki suit idea is nicely done well. Overall, this is a pretty good level that features some smb3 world 7 vibes and I recommend everyone to try this out. 7.5/10

moved to pretty good

Return to “Levels”