Standard Cave Level #BackToBasics

This is the place to post your own levels.
BTB
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Standard Cave Level #BackToBasics

Postby BTB » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:55 am

Does the #BackToBasics movement has really got me excited about Super Mario Bros. X again? Yes it does! This is another level I made which I think is really good. This time I'll take you into a dark brooding cave where Mario will face some of his toughest enemies yet! This level of course follows the official community guidelines, as all levels should. I think you're in for a lot of surprises and maybe even a bonus or two! Good luck!

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?bjsn6nj99do4cn9
Last edited by BTB on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Egg
Snifit
Snifit

Re: Standard Cave Level #BackToBasics

Postby Egg » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:03 am

No matter how tough his enemies are, our hero Mario always triumphs, but he wouldn't be able to do it so without the help of his friends. This level showed me that, without the help of his friends Mario wouldn't be where he is right now. Even in the darkest cave, his friends are aiding his adventures by scattering powerups around. Anyway I loved the level, the secret near the end(I'm not telling how to get to it, it's a surprise ;D) really sticks to the original concepts, sticks back to basics.

Ace
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Ace » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:45 am

This really brings be back to the good ole' days. Really cool reference near the end of the level as well (but i won't spoil it :P)

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:08 pm

This was awesome, and definitely well done might I add. You should probably start up a project and make an episode based on these basic levels as I see it really taking off.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:36 am

Review of Standard Cave Level based on SMB1's standarts

This is a SMB1 Cave level. The level design and NPC placement are pretty good, however, I'm not fan of 8-bit music, you should change it to SMB3 underground music, as they sound the same. Also, if you go to the secret warp zone, you can't get out, since there are no warp exits placed. Neverthless, this is a pretty good level and I recommend everyone to try this out. 6.5/10

moved to pretty good

Return to “Levels”