Storming Airships

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.
HVMetal
Snifit
Snifit

Storming Airships

Postby HVMetal » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:26 am

Hello everyone!

Here comes another level, this time featuring airships and scrolling backgrounds.
Informations:
Length - Medium
Difficulty - Hard/Harder GD ^^
Boss - Yes
Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Don't be afraid of the wood pillar behind the stormcloud because it can't be seen in-gameImage
Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/f7qt3 ... rships.zip
I hope you'll like it.

Note: This level doesn't requires LunaLua to be played

Credits: Sednaiur for some airship tiles
Cloud FGOs from Betwixt Clouds ( CC8 )
Airship Flame, Background, NPCs from RedYoshi + supermarioman GFX Pack
Music - Apocalypse Storm by Anth0n

Have a nice day!
Last edited by HVMetal on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: Storming Airships

Postby HeroLinik » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:35 pm

I wasn't a fan of the difficulty of it, but that was one thing that gave the level its charm - and there's a video of it as well to prove that I beat it. Also, Betwixt Clouds is from CC8 and not CC7.

HVMetal
Snifit
Snifit

Postby HVMetal » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:52 pm

Linik wrote:I wasn't a fan of the difficulty of it, but that was one thing that gave the level its charm - and there's a video of it as well to prove that I beat it. Also, Betwixt Clouds is from CC8 and not CC7.

I'm glad you liked it. Sorry if the difficulty was unfair or something, this time I tried to make it stable and fair for example with those exclamation marks which warn you about the cannons. And thank you for mentioning that its CC8. I saw that "Tower of Biased 7" and I tought its from CC7.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Show your fangs!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Postby Alagirez » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:11 pm

One more thing, the original creatos of the foreground cloud are Maury300 and Jarckius.

JupiHornet
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby JupiHornet » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:10 pm

UNOFFICIAL REVIEW of STORMING AIRSHIPS by HVMETAL

Gameplay (60%): 8.5/10
Super fun airship level! The autoscrolling was fast enough to keep you on your toes, but not TOO fast. However, there was one thing that bothered me...the Rocky Wrenches are completely invincible, as far as I can tell. That might not seem like much, but a few stray wrenches flying around in a level that's already full of projectiles is asking a lot from the player. Also, the boss fight was pretty disappointing. Two Hammer Bros? Really?

Graphics/Atmosphere (30%): 9/10
I LOVE the tileset you used! That, along with the elaborate block designs make this whole level feel like something straight out of Super Mario Bros. 3. Kudos to you for pulling that off!

Music/Atmosphere (10%): 8/10
Not the best song choice, but there's one thing I noticed that I bet most others won't, because they enter the ending pipe as soon as it enters their field of view...as soon as the music stops, the airship stops moving. That's just so cool! It also must have taken a LOT of testing to get that to work, so good for you on that one!

SCORE CALCULATION

Gameplay (60%): 51/60
Graphics/Atmosphere (30%): 27/30
Music/Atmosphere (10%): 8/10

Overall Score: 86/100 = 8.6/10 (Pretty Good)
I loved this level! It took me straight back to my days of playing Super Mario Bros. 3 on my Gameboy Advance SP :^)

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:38 pm

Jesus christ this level is hard.

REVIEW OF STORMING AIRSHIPS BY HVMETAL

Rocky Wrench Spam and Loud Music
What I mean by loud music is that when I first opened the level the music actually made jump just from how loud it is, I suggest using audacity to put the music to like 25% of it's current volume. Now, about the rocky wrench spam. Most of the time there were atleast 2 rocky wrenches on screen which could cause problems considering that your maneuverability is pretty limited from the bullet bills that are already flying across the screen. The cannons are neat but shoot a bit too fast for them to be reasonable, they're not a big deal though if you would remove a couple of the rocky wrenches.

Underwhelming Boss Fight
It was kind of dissapointing just fighting 2 hammer bros after this really hard level, it kind of felt tacked on.

Atmosphere And Length
Considering you were unable to add a checkpoint to this level the length is perfect and I must applaud you for it. The atmosphere of this level is also really good, if the music was less loud it would've been even better. The 2 speeds the clouds move at is also a really interesting concept that I'd like to see used in more airship levels because it does look quite nice.

SCORE:
7/10

Level itself is pretty solid but could use a bit less rocky wrenches as they caused most of the problems. Working on the boss might be a good Idea aswell.

Moved to pretty good

Return to “Pretty Good”