Why doesn't the YouTube field allow for channel IDs?

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Why doesn't the YouTube field allow for channel IDs?

Postby HeroLinik » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:10 pm

In your profile, when you try to edit it, there's a field at the bottom which allows you to send a link to your YouTube. However, it only seems to work with usernames and not with channel IDs, so whenever I try to put a channel ID into the YouTube field, it tells me that I'm using invalid characters and thus won't let me do it.

Does phpBB not allow for this kind of thing in the YouTube field, or can it be altered somehow to allow for channel IDs?

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Re: Why doesn't the YouTube field allow for channel IDs?

Postby Danny » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Linik wrote:In your profile, when you try to edit it, there's a field at the bottom which allows you to send a link to your YouTube. However, it only seems to work with usernames and not with channel IDs, so whenever I try to put a channel ID into the YouTube field, it tells me that I'm using invalid characters and thus won't let me do it.

Does phpBB not allow for this kind of thing in the YouTube field, or can it be altered somehow to allow for channel IDs?
I think it's just an additional Info field that was slapped into the UCP. It might be an official one but I haven't worked in phpbb for a long time, so I don't remember. It's just for channel names, though. I don't think they intended to support YouTube's new channel ID system.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”