Super Mario World - Vacation Chaos

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
Frogge
Rex
Rex

Super Mario World - Vacation Chaos

Postby Frogge » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:00 pm

HELLO! I'm happy to announce my first ever episode :D Hooray!!

STORY
After having defeated Bowser yet again, everyone decides to take some time to cool off. Luckily, to the south east of the Mushroom Kingdom, there is a resort island, perfect for vacation! Though, the island is more crowded than it looks, as even Bowser is on vacation there with all his minions! They don't seem agressive at first, however, even when the vacation has barely started, explosion sounds can be heard all over the beach. After further investigation, it is revealed that it is an attack by Bowser! A conversation can be heard over on Bowser's ship; ''Bowser, what is the meaning of this?! I thought you said we were on vacation!'', to which Bowser replies ''Yes we are, but what is a vacation without trying to CONQUER the vacation! BWHAHAHAHA!''. As the ship sets off to the volcano at the summit of the mountain, it is yet again left to Mario and Luigi to try to stop him from being evil and doing bad things... and stuff... yeah!!!

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler: show
Yeah you can stand on the palm trees
PROGRESS
Currently only 2 levels have been finished. Level 0(which was actually harder to make than any level I have made before >.<) and level 1. There will be a total of 26 levels , and in addition, 9 Toad Houses and 5 story levels(which are level 0 for each world). Though, I may eventually add a few bonus levels. The game also stills needs a whole lot more graphic additions and the world map is nowhere near complete and will probably be remade later. I am currently struggling with a bug in level 0, and then I'll move on to finishing the other levels. I'd say the estimated time of release is around september :)

FEATURES
-26 levels and additional bonus story and toad house levels!
-A not so princess cliche story!(?)
-Star Coins!
-Alliteration in level titles!
-Possibly Peach in a bikini at some point?

Here are the comfirmed levels for now :D
World 1 - Beach
1-0 - Resort Rampage
1-1 - Tropical Trouble
1-2 - Beautiful Bay
1-3 - Relaxing Reef
1-4 - Melody Mangrove
1-5 - Cruel Coast

World 2 - Forest
2-0 - (not named yet)
2-1 - Wild Waterfall
2-2 - (not named yet, something involving Piranha Plants)
2-3 - Timber Top
2-4 - (not named yet, something to do with night time >.< If anyone has a forest related word starting with N please lemme know)
2-5 - (not named yet)

World 3 - Mountain
3-0 - (not named yet)
3-1 - (not named yet, something involving grassy rocks)
3-2 - (not named yet, something involving rolling rocks)
3-3 - (not named yet)
3-4 - (not named yet)
3-5 - (not named yet)

World 4 - Sky
4-0 - (not named yet)
4-1 - (not named yet)
4-2 - (not named yet)
4-3 - Veggie Vault
4-4 - Charming Clouds
4-5 - (not named yet, something involving airships)

World 5 - Volcano
5-0 - (not named yet)
5-1 - (not named yet)
5-2 - (not named yet)
5-3 - (not named yet)
5-4 - (not named yet)
5-5 - (not named yet)
5-6 - (not named yet)
CREDITS
Made by Frogge
Level design by Frogge
World map by Frogge
Story by Frogge

Ok I'm sorry here's the actual credits so far
-h263
-SiverDeoxys563
-Red Yoshi
-supermarioman
-Shikaterna
-DarkMecha
-PROX
-Mudkip
-Squishy Rex
-AirSheeep
-Eternity
-FanofSMBX
-Valterri
That's it for now! I'll keep everyone updated as new levels are released :D

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Super Mario World - Vacation Chaos

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:30 am

Oh my god, I am SO hyped to see Peach in a bikini! Also, I like the reference to The Princess Cliche there! Also, who's that blue yoshi?

Anyways, the project looks pretty cool, although I would change the Toad Houses, the rodks and the palm trees, cause they're SMB3 styled, while the rest of the episode is SMW styled! But otherwise, keep up the good work!

loop
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: i may be dumb but im not stupid!
Pronouns: he/him/they

Postby loop » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:23 am

Snessy the duck wrote:Oh my god, I am SO hyped to see Peach in a bikini! Also, I like the reference to The Princess Cliche there! Also, who's that blue yoshi?
What?

Anyway, nice project you have going. You can find various graphics you need in the community GFX pack, and expanded tilesets in Sednaiur's SMW pack. I will wish you luck on the project.

Frogge
Rex
Rex

Postby Frogge » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:28 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:Oh my god, I am SO hyped to see Peach in a bikini! Also, I like the reference to The Princess Cliche there! Also, who's that blue yoshi?

Anyways, the project looks pretty cool, although I would change the Toad Houses, the rodks and the palm trees, cause they're SMB3 styled, while the rest of the episode is SMW styled! But otherwise, keep up the good work!
Haha, thanks ^w^ I knew Peach in a bikini would instantly catch everyone's interest >:D Thanks for pointing that out. I'll try to find a smw style palm tree, though I'll replace the toad houses and rocks :D
Jayce 777 wrote:Anyway, nice project you have going. You can find various graphics you need in the community GFX pack, and expanded tilesets in Sednaiur's SMW pack. I will wish you luck on the project.
Thank you :D I think I have the community GFX pack, and I had trouble downloading Sednaiur's SMW pack. Maybe I'll give it another go :P

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:57 pm

Thank's for responding to my comment! I still wanna know who that blue yoshi is though!

Frogge
Rex
Rex

Postby Frogge » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:31 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:Thank's for responding to my comment! I still wanna know who that blue yoshi is though!
Oh right, I forgot to tell that XD The blue yoshi is pretty much a guard, and it replaces that Legend of Zelda swordsman(?) (I don't really know what it's called >.<). It's just a friendly NPC that gives you some dialogue. I hope this answers your question ^^;

Oh, by the way, level 2 is almost done :D

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Postby CynicHost » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:51 pm

Looking good so far, no issues I can see with the level design. Although I would suggest you make the "islands" on the map a bit larger to allow for more empty space, as it looks a bit cluttered imo. Just a suggestion though. Good luck with this project, and keep up the great work! :D

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:36 pm

A lot of the paths in the world map touch eachother, which means they'll be unlocked earlier. You should fix this.

Frogge
Rex
Rex

Postby Frogge » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:04 pm

Thanks a lot for the comments and feedback!
RudeGuy07 wrote:A lot of the paths in the world map touch eachother, which means they'll be unlocked earlier. You should fix this.
Yup, I'm aware. This is exactly why I wanted to remake the world map >.<

Return to “Projects”