SMBX boss rush

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
glitch4
Banned

Re: SMBX boss rush

Postby glitch4 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:24 am

Lakitu3500 wrote:My levels are bad, because I'm a f****ing n00b. I'm going to make the last episode - about you killing n00bs (like me). MY LEVEL IS BAD, I KNOW.
If the level's bad then why did you made like it? My suggestion is you should play levels from 'The Best' subforum. They have some good quality. Plus, some ones have cool boss battles. If you're gonna keep playing more and more, your level design might get improved and also have some creativity on boss battles. For example: Tower of Biased X (hub), 2k1x episodes and M&L's Delightful Adventure are episodes that had cool bosses, not sure about the others.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:02 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
Enjl wrote:can we get back on topic and stop the circlejerking?
There isn't much to say to this level though. Besides the gameplay is boring and it has overall no effort put into this.
That's when we tell him what he can do to improve instead of calling him out for not being mature.

As glitch4 said, play some popular episodes as well as levels in the Best section if you want an idea of what's the most acceptable in this community. I will tell you this: levels don't take just a day, hell they don't sometimes take a week. Effort and quality means time.

bayonetta
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby bayonetta » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:55 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
Lakitu3500 wrote:My levels are bad, because I'm a f****ing n00b. I'm going to make the last episode - about you killing n00bs (like me). MY LEVEL IS BAD, I KNOW.
Maybe instead of raging like a kid and saying stuff like "i make a level where i kill you guys" you could improve on ur levels?

But if you don't want to that's not our problem.
im pretty sure he/she said about YOU killing noobs like him

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ShadowStarX » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:10 am

SMBX boss rush review

Damn, I'm barely able to explain how boring and easy it was. First off, never make a boss rush consisting out of vanilla bosses without twists. You also made the bosses really easy to defeat, especially the SMB3 Bowser. Also, if the player stands at the wrong spot, he/she can get an unfair hit by the boss when it appears, so I'd recommend making a door appear when the boss is defeated and make that door leading to the next boss. The music was too epic for the fights too. In summary, this "level" is a bad experience and very lazily made.

Score: 0.666/10
Moved to the 'Trash Can'

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby AirSeus » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:26 pm

This is fucking disgusting behaviour from assumed "adults", at least give the person some actual criticism to work of, not just break the person's heart and then call him out when he freaks out on you. No wonder why loads of good users leave because of absolute SICK and REVOLTING fucking replies, this could be his first time on SMBX, you were once like this, creating levels like this, sure to hell I was, and I was SHAT on for it until I changed a year ago to levels not boss rushes, give the new person fucking respect. TREAT THEM LIKE YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED.

Have a nice day everyone ☺

Radiance
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Radiance » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:03 pm

Maybe you're just too harsh in criticizing Lakitu3500. Let's give him/her time to improve his/her skills. Maybe in few months, he/she will be a great level designer. Lakitu3500, if you are still here in the community, believe in yourself and as they said check the levels in The Best forum. It will help you to gain ideas. Then check your levels and change the flaws there. And don't admit that you're noob, it will just worsen your case. Instead look in the positive side.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:39 am

Yeah guys, here it comes to the supreme rule of level commenting: Respect the designer.
Rules on Runouw wrote:If you truly dislike a level, try to explain why rather than attacking it with comments such as "this level is really bad. I have never seen a level so bad before" or "this level is a mess. It probably took you 5 minutes to make it". It is beyond offensive and, honestly, it makes you look very bad. Try to research the problems that you see in the level, and offer a more constructive comment. This does not necessarily mean you have to make a very long review, though. Sometimes brief is better.
Poor levels and levels with little effort exist. Often enough they're the start of remarkable LDing careers. There's also admittedly levels that make you, the professional experienced level designer and/or forum veteran, want to facepalm the creator because "it's so awful and original" and you wonder "how could they seriously make that level and exhibit it as something serious". Just please keep that to yourself, and by no means make mock of them. If they're butthurt like this, it may qualify as immature, or even against the rules, but keep in mind that you're still responsible for creating the situation, and calling them out for being "salty" and being extra blunt to them just has the purpose to distract or even deny the offense of the people who have inapropriately replied first. It qualifies as bullying and even worse, just like AirSeus emotionally said, it can turn wholeheartenedly interested and talented LDers away from the forums even before they want to register and share levels. Using the Report button is a better idea for this kind of situations.

Offer your advice and share your experience positively. If the author keeps to not improve, you can stop helping them at your own discretion oc if you think it's useless, but at least you gave them a chance (similarily if they leave).

Analogous advice goes to those who receive negative reviews - don't be overly angry over that, and also take a positive chance for yourself to see how you can do better. If you refuse to change the way your design, fine, but that's still no reason to rage. Furthermore, if you find a post really offensive, taunting or patronizing, use the Report button yourselves instead of replying and hope for staff to cooperate.

Excuse me for eventually targeting some people for their posting habits, and I also know that just one thread isn't very representative for the level of discipline that should be enforced, but this is a Must to be enforced by the mods and Level Judges wherever it's necessary. I've learned this by lots of experience on Runouw.com: Even if someone has submitted 10 or 20 bad levels, it doesn't mean that they'll never submit a good one. I've made myself guilty as well of such bad behaviour, and it made me feel ashamed when I recognized that there's a lot better ways to keep new people in the business.

Also this is off-topic but many people have asked to change the name of "The Trash Can" because it's very intimidating. Why not just call it "Poor"? That may still come off as a little offensive for people who have their levels moved there (that's something you can't really fix), but at least it's a more neutral name that also matches with common grading designations.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby AirSeus » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:48 pm

Supershroom wrote:Yeah guys, here it comes to the supreme rule of level commenting: Respect the designer.
Rules on Runouw wrote:If you truly dislike a level, try to explain why rather than attacking it with comments such as "this level is really bad. I have never seen a level so bad before" or "this level is a mess. It probably took you 5 minutes to make it". It is beyond offensive and, honestly, it makes you look very bad. Try to research the problems that you see in the level, and offer a more constructive comment. This does not necessarily mean you have to make a very long review, though. Sometimes brief is better.
Poor levels and levels with little effort exist. Often enough they're the start of remarkable LDing careers. There's also admittedly levels that make you, the professional experienced level designer and/or forum veteran, want to facepalm the creator because "it's so awful and original" and you wonder "how could they seriously make that level and exhibit it as something serious". Just please keep that to yourself, and by no means make mock of them. If they're butthurt like this, it may qualify as immature, or even against the rules, but keep in mind that you're still responsible for creating the situation, and calling them out for being "salty" and being extra blunt to them just has the purpose to distract or even deny the offense of the people who have inapropriately replied first. It qualifies as bullying and even worse, just like AirSeus emotionally said, it can turn wholeheartenedly interested and talented LDers away from the forums even before they want to register and share levels. Using the Report button is a better idea for this kind of situations.

Offer your advice and share your experience positively. If the author keeps to not improve, you can stop helping them at your own discretion oc if you think it's useless, but at least you gave them a chance (similarily if they leave).

Analogous advice goes to those who receive negative reviews - don't be overly angry over that, and also take a positive chance for yourself to see how you can do better. If you refuse to change the way your design, fine, but that's still no reason to rage. Furthermore, if you find a post really offensive, taunting or patronizing, use the Report button yourselves instead of replying and hope for staff to cooperate.

Excuse me for eventually targeting some people for their posting habits, and I also know that just one thread isn't very representative for the level of discipline that should be enforced, but this is a Must to be enforced by the mods and Level Judges wherever it's necessary. I've learned this by lots of experience on Runouw.com: Even if someone has submitted 10 or 20 bad levels, it doesn't mean that they'll never submit a good one. I've made myself guilty as well of such bad behaviour, and it made me feel ashamed when I recognized that there's a lot better ways to keep new people in the business.

Also this is off-topic but many people have asked to change the name of "The Trash Can" because it's very intimidating. Why not just call it "Poor"? That may still come off as a little offensive for people who have their levels moved there (that's something you can't really fix), but at least it's a more neutral name that also matches with common grading designations.
To be honest, this doesn't matter if it's off topic even know it isn't, but it needed to be addressed to these so called "helpful" users that this behaviour is inhuman it's that bad.

ProngoKingdom
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby ProngoKingdom » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:24 pm

Zupermariobros wrote:This is fucking disgusting behaviour from assumed "adults", at least give the person some actual criticism to work of, not just break the person's heart and then call him out when he freaks out on you. No wonder why loads of good users leave because of absolute SICK and REVOLTING fucking replies, this could be his first time on SMBX, you were once like this, creating levels like this, sure to hell I was, and I was SHAT on for it until I changed a year ago to levels not boss rushes, give the new person fucking respect. TREAT THEM LIKE YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED.
^^^^^^ this

Seriously, it seems like whenever a new user tries to join and be nice to everyone, some asshole's got to come in and ruin their day, usually a "higher rank" (level judge, game master, etc.). People wonder why all these new people leave the forums early, well here's your answer, you're treating them like shit, myself included. There's only like one or two people who will actually try to be nice to these new users, everyone else keeps bashing their levels with little arguments besides just "it's bad" or "this level sucks". It's not stable enough.

On a side note, the "TREAT THEM LIKE YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED" will probably get bashed by sarcastic remarks. Every time.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby AirSeus » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:34 pm

Apparently to some of the forum members, this is criticism!! Bullshit, calling someone ragekid and calling them out is criticism? No wonder why this place is turning to a shitheap full of lifeless idiots like some people are.
Think about what you are turning this forum into. Most of you are ONLY nice and helpful to the well-known users of this area, this place is becoming out of fucking control SORT IT OUT before it sorts itself out by closing down.

Some of the other forums out there were closed for becoming out of control like this one is becoming.

StrikeForcer
Spike
Spike

Postby StrikeForcer » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:29 pm

Zupermariobros wrote:Apparently to some of the forum members, this is criticism!! Bullshit, calling someone ragekid and calling them out is criticism? No wonder why this place is turning to a shitheap full of lifeless idiots like some people are.
Think about what you are turning this forum into. Most of you are ONLY nice and helpful to the well-known users of this area, this place is becoming out of fucking control SORT IT OUT before it sorts itself out by closing down.

Some of the other forums out there were closed for becoming out of control like this one is becoming.
No its still is criticism. Manner being done is irrelevant, and you shouldn't be criticizing the community when the person did melt down all on his own. If anything, new members should know what they are getting themselves into whether they post their art here or any other place and it is no one's fault but the person who fails to read the room and meet the expectations of the people who make up this community (unless if the community is actively hating on the person just for the sake of it). People will respect new artists if they show an actual effort to improve, other than that, getting feedback is as much of a nonobligation as it is respecting some stranger. They will do as they wish. Victimizing yourself only makes you subject to more heat, and that is what the OP did.

CopyLeft
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby CopyLeft » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:40 pm

Zupermariobros wrote:Apparently to some of the forum members, this is criticism!! Bullshit, calling someone ragekid and calling them out is criticism? No wonder why this place is turning to a shitheap full of lifeless idiots like some people are.

honestly darkonius was the only rude one before he went nuts

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:19 am

Why are you still bothering about this? It was 3 months ago, nothing like this are happening now, so you should stop talking about it.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:59 pm

There IS a point in terms of general attitude, and there IS experience that a repellent attitude towards new users does nothing good, and I have no tolerance for harassing newbies if they "victimize themselves", but that would deserve its own topic. You can let this thread die but please, remember it as a dunning example.

In the meantime I just try having a look over comments on levels / episodes and report if needed.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:11 am

Guys Lakitu was an obvious troll, don't protect trolls. He honestly showef that he can't accept critic and hasn't even been online anymore.

Boss Rushes are never really entertaining here i haven't seen 1 single boss rush yet who has been good. And the creator always tends to start screaming like a kid when they get critic and feedback on how to improve.

Return to “The Trash Can”