Riding on train v2 (outdated, new version at Talkhaus)

They're not that bad, but they're not that good either.
Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him

Riding on train v2 (outdated, new version at Talkhaus)

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:51 pm

This level is VERY outdated,
An actual version now is here

Note: This is update the "Riding on train" level, what placed in "Average".
Please, don't merge with old version.

Here you can riding on train, but on roof :mrgreen:
Beware of jumping on a moving train! The train goes fast, and the wind will blow, if not enough stability! Hammers exposed wind!

For the preview I recommend to enable god mode, because due to flying past the enemies will be very difficult.

Change Log
Spoiler: show
v2:
- The graphics considerably improved
- Added more scenery
- Placement of enemies is optimized
- Excess Power-UP from the beginning and the level end are cleaned
- Fixed messages

v1.1
20 Feb 2014
- replaced train riding sound.
- replaced music.
This level without Checkpoint. (Because layer's positions, the checkpoint isn't useful).

Warning, don't jump on during a trip by train, the wind will blow off back. :mrgreen:
Image Download level v2 (latest) (6.4 MB) (Packed with WinRAR 5.0)
Download level v2 (latest) (6.4 MB) (Packed with 7-zip)
See about old version here
Last edited by Wohlstand on Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:48 am, edited 5 times in total.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Re: Riding on train v2

Postby Emral » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:40 pm

Dude it's the same level just patched, so it needs to be merged with the other topic and moved back into this forum for a re-review.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Emral wrote:Dude it's the same level just patched, so it needs to be merged with the other topic and moved back into this forum for a re-review.
For reCriticism of level it is necessary to create new topic for new version. So I was told judges to whom I asked a question about it.

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:23 pm

I was planning to review the updated version, however I got this:
"The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

Honestly, I have never experienced this before, so fix the download link or I'll have to lock this. However, if someone else downloads this and doesn't get this error message, please contact me via PM or this thread because I wouldn't know why it only occurs to me on Windows 7.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:30 am

Kep wrote:I was planning to review the updated version, however I got this:
"The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

Honestly, I have never experienced this before, so fix the download link or I'll have to lock this. However, if someone else downloads this and doesn't get this error message, please contact me via PM or this thread because I wouldn't know why it only occurs to me on Windows 7.
I checked the archive on server - all is normal. For test i upload second - repacked with 7z. This archive crated with WinRAR 5.0

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:04 am

I was sadly unable to complete this level from start to finish. I gave up around the thirteenth try. The train moves incredibly fast, and the enemies are unpredictable due to this speed. My reserve item rendered useless because of the train's speed as well, as the item flew off the screen before I was able to get it.

This level had a particularly fair bit of graphical clash. Super Mario World doesn't blend well with Super Mario Brothers 1, 2, or 3. There were large amounts of graphical cut-off scattered about the level, though I do like the train graphics themselves. The enemies seem randomly placed around the level, and there is practically no play-ability here. You sit on the train, get hit by the unpredictable oncoming enemies, and then the train stops. I was unaware that a Piranha Plant would pop out of the ground, I would refrain from doing that again.

It seemed like a fairly decent and original idea for a level, but it wasn't executed properly, and you served it with unappealing visuals and game play. You might want to add a bit more custom graphics to this level, as well as slow down the speed of the train, maybe? The music was also a little unfitting for this type of level, but it was partially enjoyable.

3.5/10

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Bump

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:56 am

This level is VERY outdated,
An actual version now is here

Return to “Average”