Glitched up 1-1

This is the place to post levels that are made just for fun.
StardustAlpha
Goomba
Goomba

Glitched up 1-1

Postby StardustAlpha » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:59 pm

Because the form rules say I need to include one, here is the screenshot:

Glitched up 1-1 is a level that I made a while back. I just wanted to make an smbx episode. This is one of the 2 levels I have. (BTW it had custom music, but I decided to not put it in the download to reduce the file size)
(This level is intended to be played with either Link or Toad, but the level should still be possible with other characters)
This will be my second file I've shared via link on Dropbox. So, without further delay, here is the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8owizizxvmpfw3/1-1.lvl?dl=0

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Re: Glitched up 1-1

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:28 pm

Well... This level is really bad.
Now, I know that you mad it a while ago, and you've probably improved by now.
For starters, where is the background? If you want a "glitchy" level, take an already existing smbx background, and recolour it to bad colours.
Next, are the background objects. Why are there chains on the pipes? They are unnecessary.
Next, are the goombas. Never stack them on top of each other, because you get WAY too many lives out of them.
The star in the block isn't an Invincibility star, it's an ending level star. Either put a vegetable in that block, or nothing.
Finally is that ending part. Why is it there? It's unnecessary clutter, and it makes the level look extremely bad.
I finished this level with 99+ lives, which in a level this short, is VERY bad.
Overall, it's not good, and can be made in many different ways.

Super Mario Channel
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Super Mario Channel » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:25 am

StardustAlpha wrote:Image
Glitched up 1-1 is a level that I made a while back.(BTW it had custom music, but I decided to not put it in the download to reduce the file size)
Matt_The_Slime wrote:Well... This level is really bad.
Now, I know that you mad it a while ago, and you've probably improved by now.
For starters, where is the background? If you want a "glitchy" level, take an already existing smbx background, and recolour it to bad colours.
Next, are the background objects. Why are there chains on the pipes? They are unnecessary.
Next, are the goombas. Never stack them on top of each other, because you get WAY too many lives out of them.
The star in the block isn't an Invincibility star, it's an ending level star. Either put a vegetable in that block, or nothing.
Finally is that ending part. Why is it there? It's unnecessary clutter, and it makes the level look extremely bad.
I finished this level with 99+ lives, which in a level this short, is VERY bad.
Overall, it's not good, and can be made in many different ways.
Yes. I agree. This level is short, corrupted, and bad. There was a spamming of Goombas in places and I died when I hit an invisible block. I hit the block, fell, and just when I went into the hit-box of the platform, I feel under it and died! Like, hop- "A F**KING HIDDEN BLOCK!! AUG!", platform appears, "Wait what!?" DIES...
The star caused a glitch, it loaded a music file, but since it wasn't there... the music stopped. Why couldn't you have included the custom music or custom GFX? One of my first levels was a contest level back for Community Contest 11. I had tons of GFX, custom music, and my 3-or-so-sections level. I'd rather play a level with custom graphics and music that a bad vanilla level with no background, no originality, and no improvement since you said, and I quote, "Glitched up 1-1 is a level that I made a while back." And quote. If i were a level judge, this would be like a 1/10 and moved to, like, Bad Levels or Trash Can... Sorry StardustAlpha...

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:23 pm

Here's a video I made for it
Spoiler: show
The segment at the end is to show how the level could be majorly improved.

ITSNOUSECUZIMSILVER
Goomba
Goomba

Postby ITSNOUSECUZIMSILVER » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:26 am

k then

Ace
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Ace » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:52 am

Matt_The_Slime wrote: The segment at the end is to show how the level could be majorly improved.
I'm sorry, but shaking your cursor furiously doesn't really help people improve. You should use your words.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:08 am

What's stopping me from making a video of this level is one is already done?

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:56 am

ITSNOUSECUZIMSILVER wrote:k then
No shitposting, please.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:25 pm

Ace wrote:
Matt_The_Slime wrote: The segment at the end is to show how the level could be majorly improved.
I'm sorry, but shaking your cursor furiously doesn't really help people improve. You should use your words.
Yeah, I see your point. I don't have a mic though, so I can't talk :/

ITSNOUSECUZIMSILVER
Goomba
Goomba

Postby ITSNOUSECUZIMSILVER » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:21 pm

glitch4 wrote:
No shitposting, please.
I wasnt

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:26 pm

ITSNOUSECUZIMSILVER wrote:
glitch4 wrote:
No shitposting, please.
I wasnt
Even if it wasn't intentional, you were. Don't make short, unconstructive posts like that

Jacob Turbo
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Jacob Turbo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Matt_The_Slime wrote:
Ace wrote:
Yeah, I see your point. I don't have a mic though, so I can't talk :/
You could try using just plain text on the screen, or maybe even TTS (text to speech).

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:02 am

Jacob Turbo wrote:You could try using just plain text on the screen, or maybe even TTS (text to speech).
Why not use the annotations on YouTube? That's the easiest way.

[Egg]Egg
Blooper
Blooper

Postby [Egg]Egg » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:52 am

Obviously I can tell this is a bad level just by the reviews. I know that they say "don't judge a book by it's cover" but still, some ratings can be enough proof, amirite?

Return to “Casual Levels”