The invasion 2 Renovated

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
JulianEsteban15
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

The invasion 2 Renovated

Postby JulianEsteban15 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:35 pm

I will republish the invasion 2 for 1.3 SMBX up , I'll add the dragon coins or coins ace at all levels , I will greatly improve the level designs so it is more comfortable and fun to play (Sorry for my English)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Original episode of regedit.
Last edited by JulianEsteban15 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

loop
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: i may be dumb but im not stupid!
Pronouns: he/him/they

Re: The invasion 2 renovated to SMBX 2.0 (Created by regedit)

Postby loop » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:51 pm

Looks like an interesting improvement to the already-awesome TI2. This will be for 2.0 I presume?

JulianEsteban15
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby JulianEsteban15 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:18 pm

Jayce 777 wrote:Looks like an interesting improvement to the already-awesome TI2. This will be for 2.0 I presume?
For in it would be better to do it to 1.3 or not?

loop
Ninji
Ninji

Postby loop » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:07 am

Better for 2.0. I would like to see how it will turn out.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:43 am

Erm, I'm pretty sure that we have The Invasion 2.99999, which is an update of TI2 for 2.0 and it incorporates the use of Lua as well as some of the levels changed slightly. But yours is quite an interesting take on it nonetheless. Keep it up!

loop
Ninji
Ninji

Postby loop » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:05 am

2.99999999999... was a complete joke episode. It is exactly the same as TI2, except with every sound replaced with "hyaaaaaa!".

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:32 am

Jayce 777 wrote:2.99999999999... was a complete joke episode. It is exactly the same as TI2, except with every sound replaced with "hyaaaaaa!".
You can actually remove that sounds.ini file and get rid of the Link filter manually, and then you can play it like any other episode. In fact, it was that "kyaa" thing and Link filter that inspired me to do a Link-only run of The Invasion 2.

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Re: The invasion 2 Renovated

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:39 pm

JulianEsteban15 wrote:I will republish the invasion 2 for 1.3 SMBX up
The Invasion 2 was already designed for SMBX 1.3; it is a republish of The Invasion 1 to show off 1.3's ability to sprite-swap graphics and to alter NPCs by using txt codes.
JulianEsteban15 wrote:I will greatly improve the level designs so it is more comfortable and fun to play
Really? Judging from the screenshots, it looks like you're just adding various CGFX to the levels without altering how the levels are played.

By the way, I recommend making your own levels rather than modifying other people's levels; it will do a better job of showing you your strengths and weaknesses as a designer (as people can tell you what you did right and wrong), and you and your levels will be better off because of it. Feel free to take notes on what other people did, but don't just take and modify other people's levels as that will only make you look bad (did you get permission from Redigit to make this?).

JulianEsteban15
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby JulianEsteban15 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:22 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
JulianEsteban15 wrote:I will republish the invasion 2 for 1.3 SMBX up
The Invasion 2 was already designed for SMBX 1.3; it is a republish of The Invasion 1 to show off 1.3's ability to sprite-swap graphics and to alter NPCs by using txt codes.
JulianEsteban15 wrote:I will greatly improve the level designs so it is more comfortable and fun to play
Really? Judging from the screenshots, it looks like you're just adding various CGFX to the levels without altering how the levels are played.

By the way, I recommend making your own levels rather than modifying other people's levels; it will do a better job of showing you your strengths and weaknesses as a designer (as people can tell you what you did right and wrong), and you and your levels will be better off because of it. Feel free to take notes on what other people did, but don't just take and modify other people's levels as that will only make you look bad (did you get permission from Redigit to make this?).
Well, I just want to improve what bothered me the invasion 2 and if also I think my levels know and finally hope you think 2 times to criticize so a person because you won the hatred of much ( I know a person that said that the people here just worries in the lives of others and they make more ' ' ay ' ' I think that was due to his retirement in the forum) by the way 'm a veteran so do not expect much from me. (Sorry for my English)

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:30 am

JulianEsteban15 wrote:hope you think 2 times to criticize so a person because you won the hatred of much
I wasn't saying that because The Invasion: Way 2 Hard wasn't well received. I was saying that because that was one of Legend of Mario's biggest problems: reusing other, more famous levels. Seriously, Legend of Mario could have been a good episode; it had neat ideas here and there, but it was ruined by all the stolen levels. I don't want to see another Legend of Mario; I don't want to see someone else become dependent on re-using other people's levels for their own project; I don't want to see another episode that can only be fully enjoyed by having not played someone else's episode or game.

I'm sure whatever game-play changes you make can improve the episode, but wouldn't you rather have people say "wow your episode is great!" instead of "wow, your minor edits of someone else's episode really do improve the game-play slightly." Would your changes even be enough for someone who played the original to justify playing basically the same episode again in the first place?

Return to “Projects”