Fury Tanks

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.
bossedit8
Banned

Fury Tanks

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:10 am

After a while of not doing anything Level's like, here is another customized level by myself.

Original YouTube Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9QqEZLGyqU

Download the Level Fury Tanks Here!

Tank Tileset made by @ragetanks and @SparkleYoshiFan

Have fun, even know it is just an ordinary Tank Level that there is not much going on by Adventuring something but it's a Tank Level in general like in SMB3 and Mario Forever.
Last edited by bossedit8 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marina
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Re: Fury Tanks

Postby Marina » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:11 am

Looks nice :D

Altough for my taste there could be a bit more background decoration, but I know the main purpose of the level is to show off the new tileset, and I'm not a level judge anyways, so I'm going to let that slip ;)

Also looks good gameplay-wise, the Bowser boss is... well... the Bowser boss :P I think I'm going to download it and play it later today, nice work!

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:16 pm

GLuigiX wrote:...there could be a bit more background decoration, ...
Original Tank Levels in SMB3 and Mario Forever does not have background objects and also I do not want to use giant background objects because it can cover other background objects from the moving Tank which I do not like.
SparkleYoshiFan wrote:Thanks for using my tiles! Also rage thanks did most of the job.
Yeah, well I credit both of you so there shouldn't be that of a problem.

Thank you for your comments though.

Radishl

Postby Radishl » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:13 pm

Nice and classic level design.
The good o'l tank level, with a hint of grey! Although it is short, you did a preety good job.

8.5/10

That's my rating.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:24 pm

Radishl wrote:Although it is short, you did a preety good job.
The reason why this level is short is because if you die at the end of the level where the boss is you pretty much have to do the whole Level again. I do not want to let the players waste more time while you are failing somewhere so the specific length of my level is necessary.

Thank you for your rating score and your comment. I am glad you like my work.

CreatorForce
Eerie
Eerie

Postby CreatorForce » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:22 am

SparkleYoshiFan wrote:Thanks for using my tiles! Also rage thanks did most of the job.
Awesome Tiles SparkleYoshiFan, i like it.

RoundPiplup
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Postby RoundPiplup » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:33 am

Nice level you made there. Those tiles are classy.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Fury Tank by bossedit8/bosseditor

Atmosphere 9/10: Fury Tanks was basically based on Super Mario Forever and the tanks levels in SMB3. Now the GFXs were pretty okay to me. The recolor was pretty good and it fit quite well to the SMB3 Giant Grass tileset or whatever you call it. Some of the Bullet Bill Launchers did look weird to me honestly and it didn’t look quite well. It could have some decoration like the tank levels in TI2. IMO, but otherwise it was pretty good.

Gameplay 7/10: Now let’s start off by talking about the boss: At the start I thought it would be one of those boss battles in the NSMB series where you basically start of by a SMB1 boss, then into another new better boss battle. This one wasn’t the boss battle I was looking for. It was honestly a bit too simple boss fight. You try to avoid Bowser’s flames, hammers and the flames that spawn above you and the try to grab the bombs and then try to throw at Bowser which as I just said; too simple. The idea of the shooting flames was a nice addition. I liked it, but you should’ve also other NPCs like Chasing Para-Troopa. But otherwise I liked the gameplay. The NPC Placement was good and so was the Block Placement.

Level Design 8/10: It had pretty good design. I don’t have much to talk about it, but I think you could’ve done it better. It was fun a bit challenging, but some parts was super easy so I think you should fix that.

So in total you’re getting 8/10 on this level. I liked it. Most SMB1 levels aren’t good, but this level stands out. Just fix the stuff I mentioned and the level will get another review.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Chasing para Koopas in the level, or the boss fight?

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:50 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:Chasing para Koopas in the level, or the boss fight?
In the boss fight.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:19 am

RoundPiplup wrote:Nice level you made there. Those tiles are classy.
Thank you. No idea of the point "classy" but let's stay with that.
zlakerboy357 wrote:Some of the Bullet Bill Launchers did look weird to me honestly and it didn’t look quite well.
Yeah, maybe I should use the original SMB ones instead of those weird looking ones but I just let them there... or wait, I can make some SMB Bullet Bill Launchers by myself and actually look better than those things you saw.
zlakerboy357 wrote:It could have some decoration like the tank levels in TI2. IMO.
In the original Super Mario Bros. 3 and Mario Forever they do not have any background objects on the floors either so I did this the same. Also the reason why I didn't add them is because there are other background objects on the Tanks which means if I add giant Bushes it can overlab the other background objects that are on the Tanks which for me it would of be very unperfect and illogical.
zlakerboy357 wrote:It was honestly a bit too simple boss fight. You try to avoid Bowser’s flames, hammers and the flames that spawn above you and the try to grab the bombs and then try to throw at Bowser which as I just said; too simple. The idea of the shooting flames was a nice addition. I liked it, but you should’ve also other NPCs like Chasing Para-Troopa.
The boss Battle is a tough one but it is not the final boss. I was trying to spice that boss up with those generating Fireballs up there and it worked for me for a nice difficulty. I do not really want to add something more to the Boss like chasing ones because that would of be too much for the player, even for the stage itself, like really.
zlakerboy357 wrote:I think you could’ve done it better. It was fun a bit challenging, but some parts was super easy so I think you should fix that.
Again, this is not the Final Tank/Level by it's purpose. You will see once I am done with the other Level. No idea where I can fix something up though as the level is already difficult with no Halfway Point.

Well, thank you for the Review. No idea of how I can fix my level a bit to get to the Quality of your Words and Points because the level is already difficult but ok.
FanofSMBX wrote:Chasing para Koopas in the level, or the boss fight?
I do not want to add chasing AI's in my Level and/or at the Boss' Room as it would of be a very hard stage/boss (sometimes unfairly) and it isn't even the final one.

sdslayer100
Goomba
Goomba

Postby sdslayer100 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:50 pm

I made a tank level too, but I want to know, how can I place those fiery objects that come out of the pipes? How can I place them in a level? Thanks. :)

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:58 pm

Ok, I love this level, mostly for nostalgia reasons, like the music (both of them), the gfx, and the mechanics :D
Where can I get this tileset?

Return to “Pretty Good”