FallDown

They're not that bad, but they're not that good either.
Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

FallDown

Postby Artemis008 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:18 pm

An adventure into Larry's downed airship.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Download ---}https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq3tixfvmx0ze ... wn.7z?dl=1
Enjoy!
Last edited by Artemis008 on Fri May 13, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: FallDown

Postby HeroLinik » Fri May 13, 2016 9:05 am

Playthrough made:

It's a bit short, it's quite a good level. Some parts are cramped.

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:05 am

UPDATE 1
------------
-You can no longer stand on the pipe
+added 3rd phase
-fixed cut off

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:40 pm

Gonna bump this topic because I've been waiting on this for 3 months now, didn't feel like waiting for the other 50+ levels that have been added since then.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:00 pm

Artemis008 wrote:Gonna bump this topic because I've been waiting on this for 3 months now, didn't feel like waiting for the other 50+ levels that have been added since then.
That's really not necessary. This topic has actually only been posted for about 20 days, 3 months is an extreme exaggeration. It would have been better if you had just PM'ed a Level Judge

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:01 am

Doesn't look like that much effort was put into it. You can do better than this.

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:08 am

AeroMatter wrote:Doesn't look like that much effort was put into it. You can do better than this.
What can be improved? The screenshot is outdated BTW.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:21 am

The graphics don't look that well and seem out of place. You only bothered to make a custom graphic for the goomba and left most of the other enemies unchanged for some reason. It's really just a short cramped level with no clear design other than "idk I'll just throw some blocks and npcs together with this cool song I found on YouTube and call it a level."

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:40 pm

AeroMatter wrote:The graphics don't look that well and seem out of place. You only bothered to make a custom graphic for the goomba and left most of the other enemies unchanged for some reason. It's really just a short cramped level with no clear design other than "idk I'll just throw some blocks and npcs together with this cool song I found on YouTube and call it a level."
I understand what your saying, I tried making it based on Larry's downed airship from the first world in SMB3.
Guess that means back to the drawing board once again. See you in a week!

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:52 am

Artemis008 wrote:I tried making it based on Larry's downed airship from the first world in SMB3.
How can you base this on something that was never in smb3? All the airship were in the sky iirc.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:59 am

Tinkerbell wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:I tried making it based on Larry's downed airship from the first world in SMB3.
How can you base this on something that was never in smb3? All the airship were in the sky iirc.
Erm, maybe it was downed after Mario infiltrated it?

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:03 am

Then he should say that he didn't base it off from smb3. He said he based it off from smb3 when there was never something like that to be played in smb3. So it is a entirely new level not a based off level of a game.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:28 am

Tinkerbell wrote:Then he should say that he didn't base it off from smb3. He said he based it off from smb3 when there was never something like that to be played in smb3. So it is a entirely new level not a based off level of a game.
Well, you could say it was inspired by the first airship in SMB3, rather than based off it...

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:01 am

Tinkerbell wrote:Then he should say that he didn't base it off from smb3. He said he based it off from smb3 when there was never something like that to be played in smb3. So it is a entirely new level not a based off level of a game.
It was based on Larry's airship in SMB3, just instead of flying in the air it's crashed in the middle of the ocean.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ShadowStarX » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:44 am

Falldown review

Design & Gameplay: Bad
+ The room of obstacles at the end was kinda cool in my opinion and it was quite enjoyable.
- The part below the ship at the beginning was really cramped, the blooper is barely avoidable. The level is also really short, the placement isn't really good and it feels like that you've just put some NPCs together and shove them in the level. At the end I would've rather put a powerup in the '?' block instead of a 1-up. Overall, this level feels like that you didn't try to put anything interesting in it aside from the obstacle room.

Atmosphere & Visuals: Bad
- This level had quite a bad atmosphere. The music didn't really feel like as a music, just some random series of sounds that are out of place. The water is too shiny and half of the enemies are really out of place. (Rinkas, Bowser statues and a Roto disc for example) Also at some points it seems barely decorated but other times it feels spammy.

Score: 3/10
Aside from the room with the spikes and the rinkas, this level was a bad experience. (without that room, it would've gotten a 2)
Moved to the 'Average'

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:07 am

ShadowStarX wrote:Falldown review

+ The room of obstacles at the end was kinda cool in my opinion and it was quite enjoyable.
- The part below the ship at the beginning was really cramped, the blooper is barely avoidable. The level is also really short, the placement isn't really good and it feels like that you've just put some NPCs together and shove them in the level. At the end I would've rather put a powerup in the '?' block instead of a 1-up. Overall, this level feels like that you didn't try to put anything interesting in it aside from the obstacle room.

- This level had quite a bad atmosphere. The music didn't really feel like as a music, just some random series of sounds that are out of place. The water is too shiny and half of the enemies are really out of place. (Rinkas, Bowser statues and a Roto disc for example) Also at some points it seems barely decorated but other times it feels spammy.

Aside from the room with the spikes and the rinkas, this level was a bad experience. (without that room, it would've gotten a 2)
Moved to the 'Average'
Thanks for the review, guess I'll just be using that room for something else.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ShadowStarX » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:58 am

Artemis008 wrote:

Moved to the 'Average'
I meant that the room with the moving spikes and the rinkas (section 2) saved the level from getting into the trash can.

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:01 pm

ShadowStarX wrote:
Artemis008 wrote:

Moved to the 'Average'
I meant that the room with the moving spikes and the rinkas (section 2) saved the level from getting into the trash can.
I know, that's why I'm just gonna take that section and move it to a better level.

Return to “Average”