RUN ! level

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.
kojimkj
Spike
Spike
Pronouns: He/him

RUN ! level

Postby kojimkj » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:51 am

I made a level w auto scroll that takes place in NSMBU, SCREENSHOT: Image

V2 - Added the file size.
V3 - WHEN WILL SOMEONE RATE IT?

Credits :
Spoiler: show
some GFXs made by me
some GFXs are in the comunity GFX pack,
others are in the New super GFX pack (I think its called like this)
I don't remember where these Image
Image Image
are from.
DOWNLOAD = http://www.mediafire.com/download/89zar ... h9/RUN.rar
Size = 3MB (THAT IS A LOT FOR A LEVEL!)

SPECIAL THANKS TO Larry Inc 64 for letting me use his remix
Larry Inc 64 Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/larryinc64 with amazing remixes
Sound cloud - https://soundcloud.com/larryinc64

Hasin
Koopa
Koopa

Re: RUN ! level

Postby Hasin » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:51 pm

Hello!
Well, this level is pretty good. Autoscroll was used in a very interesting way.
I admit that in spite of the straight path, the enemies were placed so that it was hard to avoid them. I very much appreciate that.

Unfortunately, I noticed that some places have become completely empty. Try to add up the pipes or more scenery. Furthermore, the first bush stands out, which creates the cut-off.

:>

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:21 am

This was a fun level. The fast autoscroll gimmick was interesting, but I think you could have pit more unique obstacles other than goombas, koopas and pits. The level could have been longer, too.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:05 pm

Wow this is a really good level! I like how you made a sense that you need to keep on moving throughout the whole level. The only problem I really see is that the npcs don't really fit well with the other graphics. They just seem a little to lightly colored for this level.

Other than that though, your level was great! :D nice job using the ? blocks as hinderances instead of aides.

The Thwomp King
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Postby The Thwomp King » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:28 pm

So I have to commend you on making a level like this. I haven't seen too many fast autoscroll levels such as this on here, so it's a different change of pace from the standard levels.

Anyway you do a great job developing the typical World 1 atmosphere and all the visuals look excellent. The music is a little odd, but it fits the level very well with its fast pace theme. NPC placement was pretty good with exception to the paratroopa under the blocks for it's redundant placement having it there. Another kinda unfair placement is with a green koopa that's really close to the ? blocks and bricks. This gives the player minimal time to react and jump correctly past it, so I recommend giving it a little space between the blocks and the koopa. The autoscroll speed is rarely an issue, but it's bad for characters like Toad and Luigi who can't collect the coins they hit out of the blocks. The first little hidden path with the fire flower is also pretty difficult to get to. Instead of making it difficult to reach, it would be better off as something vigilant players can reach with a little more ease considering the path is slightly hidden in the first place for blending with the blocks, so you don't want to over do it. Despite these minor timing issues, I really had a good time playing this level. For being a short level, it's a good length to where I don't feel like the level was a cop out or made quickly in general. The autoscroll speed again was good and it's fun trying to speed through all of the obstacles in general. Overall I think this is a well designed level; it's simple in design, but the final product flows so well in the end.

I want to see you make a series on this with all different level themes and such. You could probably make your own mini episode just with these levels. If you do you definitely have my support. So great work overall.

8.1/10
Moved to Pretty Good

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:50 am

If this is a fast auto-scroll level, I regret not posting a level I made five years ago that does the same. I have to try this out latter then.

Return to “Pretty Good”