Ghost Area

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
SomeRandomGuy
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Ghost Area

Postby SomeRandomGuy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:25 pm

This is another level, ghost area! This time I tried to make the level better than my past attempts.

Screen-like-shots:

Down-Loading:

https://www.mediafire.com/?ay34v1rd93bzx29

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: Ghost Area

Postby HeroLinik » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:36 am

You misplaced your start marker, so I put it in the correct location. Video playthrough made:

SomeRandomGuy
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby SomeRandomGuy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:28 pm

Linik wrote:You misplaced your start marker, so I put it in the correct location. Video playthrough made:

Thanks for playing the level! Hope you enjoyed it :) Can you gimme some feedback?

goldmelonmaster
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby goldmelonmaster » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:25 am

I guess I'll say something then. It's a bit short, and the music doesn't really fit the level, but custom graphics look pretty good!

The Thwomp King
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Postby The Thwomp King » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:06 pm

Alrighty your review is here! I too fixed the start marker on this.

So the visuals are pretty decent, but there's a lack bgos to add a little more decoration to the level. With the decorations you do have you should get rid of the red and stick with the cool colors to help keep the area a little more spooky. The goombas really don't fit in that well either honestly. The background could also be swapped with a cave to make it feel more like your in some sort of mythical undead area. Nonetheless you do generate an unsettling feeling in the level with the gloomy look presented and the Lavender Town song so good job. The gameplay was decent. You had some nice ideas with the slowly rising lava and the beat block like blocks, but you don't go far enough to push them. A lot of players will have a hard time with the beat blocks considering there's no indication of them switching unless you keep track of the interval yourself. The rising lava section brings a slight moment of panic, but the section is way too short and relatively simple to pass over when you get the beat block time interval down. After you finish that section the level abruptly ends, and it feels so unsatisfying because it's so short. I had fun playing it, but I honestly wouldn't play it again because it simply didn't have anything enhanced enough to stand out in a positive manner. I'd say this is a fairly difficult level, but there's simply not enough to show that.

You have good ideas for this level. Like I think you should have more condensed lava areas like the first two sections for the player to traverse, have a checkpoint, and then start the second half with the rising lava while traversing through the condensed cave, having the beat blocks with noise notifications as another gimmick throughout the whole level to keep the life of the level well. That's just an idea to help your enhance level out if that helps at all; you obviously don't need to listen to my suggestions, but I do want to see you do more work on this. Overall I was really disappointed in the final product, but I think there's hope for this level to be really enjoyable and memorable.

2.6/10 Moved to the Trash Can

Return to “The Trash Can”