Misty Earth and Sky

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.
Zipper
Flurry
Flurry

Misty Earth and Sky

Postby Zipper » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:01 am

heyyy everybody kripparian here. today I wanted to look at this level

so since I'm planning to make a whole level pack out of Youmu's Adventures or something (coming 2019) I'm starting from the intro level and building up slowly.

This one is supposed to be the "1-1" equivalent of a standard level pack, so some parts are offensively easy.

I also tried to put a reasonable amount of dialogue to help kickstart the story. (It'll make sense when I start working on the hub world and get textblox working, I promise)

And now, level.
Spoiler: show
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/396 ... %20Sky.zip

Tell me if there are any lua errors, I'll try to fix them up.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Misty Earth and Sky

Postby zlaker » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:55 pm

Review of Misty Earth and Sky

I gotta admit when I opened the level in the editor I was a bit skeptical of how this level was gonna play, but I gotta admit this level played out very well. Basically you take the control of a character called Youmo that is setting her adventure to stop snow? (idk lol) Anyway the level's design is straightforward and offers obstacles in your path such as enemies and pits. Kinda tricky to deal with, not that it's a bad thing. It was still fun. I find the little sound effects in the level very cool whenever she jumps. And the level looks good. However there are some cut-offs in the level I found. Not really big though. Moving on there's a part of the level where Youmo has to hit switches to activate and deactivate moving pillars. This is a addition as it adds a challenge to the level. My only complaint about those were that they went way too fast up & down. Whenever the they went down the player hit the switch again because the pillar was going down faster than the player was actually falling. This frustrates the player a bit. Another complaint I think this level has a little lack of enemy variety. I know this a 1-1, but I think it would be cooler to have a little bigger of an enemy roster. Lastly the boss. It's actually a lot of fun. The first phase was simple, however the second one got tricky as the wind and the ice attack combined made it trickier and harder. Really adored it!

My Score: 8.5/10
Overall a fun level with a really cool boss.

Return to “Pretty Good”