Mazeish Wildlands

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.
HVMetal
Snifit
Snifit

Mazeish Wildlands

Postby HVMetal » Sun May 15, 2016 8:20 am

Hello everyone!
This level was made by me a few months ago.
It's based on the original Mario Forever World 5-1 when bullet bills and paratroopas are introduced in the game.
Altough, there werent any fireplants there or "chompers", this level has them.
It's not so long and don't expect any super original gimmicks.
And don't worry, there won't be any pipe mazes. ( Only some tricky jumps )

Screenshot:
Spoiler: show
And download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7zxpq ... dlands.zip
Credits in the folder.

Have a nice day!

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: Mazeish Wildlands

Postby HeroLinik » Sun May 15, 2016 9:49 am

Playthrough made:

Oh my, this level is quite hard. It took me many attempts to beat it. But still, the Mario Forever inspiration is there.

HVMetal
Snifit
Snifit

Postby HVMetal » Sun May 15, 2016 10:29 am

Linik wrote:Playthrough made:

Oh my, this level is quite hard. It took me many attempts to beat it. But still, the Mario Forever inspiration is there.
Thank you for the playtrough.
I can't really realize if my level is hard or not... so sorry ^^
And I also wanna mention that the "chompers" are replacing SMW spiny so you can spinjump on them

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:44 am

This level is pretty hard, but it's completely fair and depends on play skill and not luck. You could put more coins in though, and I think the level is long enough for a halfway point. Nothing really to complain about; keep it up.

The Thwomp King
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Postby The Thwomp King » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:11 pm

This level is pretty decently hard to maneuver through to a point where you need to watch your every move and time when to go without getting slammed by a bullet bill. Keeping the player on their toes not a bad thing to do at all, but you abuse that throughout this level to a point where there are some portions that require hardly less than flawless gameplay. It's not unfair, but it's simply too easy to get hurt with the npc-spam, particularly on the amount of Bill Blasters you have. You really nail the SMB1 atmosphere really well with a good amount of bgo's, and the music that goes with this level is pretty spot on. I instantly got the feeling that the road ahead was going to be a tough one, and that anticipation is something you want players to feel so great job on that. I had a blast playing through this level too. The platforming was fun and I never really got bored. I think a checkpoint would be nice to have in this level too since the length of the level is necessary to have a checkpoint. You may have too many frustrated players who die when they've made a lot of progress on the level.

7.2/10

Moved to pretty good.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:26 pm

The Thwomp King wrote:7.2/10
Where did this number come from?

The Thwomp King
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Postby The Thwomp King » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:06 pm

AeroMatter wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote:7.2/10
Where did this number come from?
My score is justified by how well design the level is. Yes the difficulty is a little too hard, a checkpoint is needed, and some more coins would help. The level is done justice with it's consistent gameplay and it's replayability which I probably should've mentioned in my review. HVMetal has most of the level done right in most other aspects. The level would earn a higher score if those few things were fixed.

If needed I can probably add a rubric if that helps at all in my future reviews.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:11 pm

Why is it not 7.1 or 7.3 or just 7? Where does the decimal come from and where does the number come from? How did you reach that specific score is what I'm asking.

The Thwomp King
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish

Postby The Thwomp King » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:29 pm

AeroMatter wrote:Why is it not 7.1 or 7.3 or just 7? Where does the decimal come from and where does the number come from? How did you reach that specific score is what I'm asking.
I personally don't like having all levels judged exactly by the single number where having one decimal place makes the score more specific, but not being too tedious...... The way I'm saying it probably sounds really dumb, but I promise there's a reason for it that helps justify the score a little bit more than me giving a level a flat out 6, 2, 9, etc.
I look through the different aspects, give it a score, then I average and round everything to the closest decimal place.

I'm very sorry if this still doesn't make sense or if I'm frustrating you. I'm new at this. XP hahaha

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:37 pm

I still don't see how you get a number from a subjective opinion. Why not just leave out the number? It's just arbitrary since I doubt there's anything you can point to to say it's an objective rating.

Return to “Pretty Good”