A Kingdom at War

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

A Kingdom at War

Postby Shadow_Flame » Sun May 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Hi everyone! This is my first project with SMBX which is called "A Kingdom at War". It's still in progress but hopefully it should be ready by the end of May.

So, what's the story behind this episode? Well, Bowser's troops are attacking the Mushroom Kingdom (surprise, surprise!) and it's up to Mario, Luigi and the Kingdom's inhabitants to fight back. It's an adventurous journey with lots of action: it has tanks, ships, airships, trains, hills, waterfalls, temples and many more. Note that Toad, Princess Peach and Link are not playable characters because I want the game to capture the true spirit of Super Mario platforming.

How many worlds are there? There will be 5 worlds with 7 main levels each + secret mini-levels. I know that it's not as long as other people's projects but hey, it's my first one so I get to make the rules!... 8-) Anyway, here are the world names:

World 1 -> Mushroom Peninsula
World 2 -> Galva Forest
World 3 -> Dodoba Caves
World 4 -> Korr Mountains
World 5 -> Perilous Plateau

Below are a few screenshots for some of the levels.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Here's a sneak peek of the world map so far:
Spoiler: show
Feel free to give some preliminary feedback and I look forward to posting the episode soon! :D
Last edited by Shadow_Flame on Mon May 09, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TurtleJosh52
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: I regret this account.

Re: A Kingdom at War

Postby TurtleJosh52 » Sun May 01, 2016 4:42 pm

You don't need to put music on EVERY TILE, but so far, this looks very cool!

Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Shadow_Flame » Sun May 01, 2016 4:51 pm

TurtleJosh52 wrote:You don't need to put music on EVERY TILE, but so far, this looks very cool!
Thanks for the feedback! I've only put music on the tiles with paths and levels. Isn't that the way to do it, I don't know... :D

TDK
Foo
Foo
Flair: Retired

Postby TDK » Sun May 01, 2016 4:55 pm

Shadow_Flame wrote:
TurtleJosh52 wrote:You don't need to put music on EVERY TILE, but so far, this looks very cool!
Thanks for the feedback! I've only put music on the tiles with paths and levels. Isn't that the way to do it, I don't know... :D
You only need to put the music tiles on places where you want it to change (e.g. go to a new area in the world map).
For example:

Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Shadow_Flame » Sun May 01, 2016 5:09 pm

TheDinoKing432 wrote:
Shadow_Flame wrote:
You only need to put the music tiles on places where you want it to change (e.g. go to a new area in the world map).
For example:
Cool, cheers for the advice. Just changed it and updated the screenshot for the world map :)

Return to “Projects”