a new airship level

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
KingBowser24
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Master Procrastinator

Re: a new airship level(graphics by a different person)

Postby KingBowser24 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:32 pm

You're obviously very immature and don't need to post levels here if you can't accept constructive criticism, and change people's quotes into crap like that^^^^.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:20 pm

bobogamer2500x wrote:But, it DOES look like a real super Mario maker level , right?
vines are all over airship levels in Mario maker , the hammer bros are Gaurding the boss , the secret is not obvious anymore , again: airship levels stache coins differently , the boss fight is actualy very intuitive (because it has never been done before) , meta knight was a BOSS in Kirby (therefore it IS a boss theme) , when I gave the block transparent masks they stayed opaqe(so I COULDN'T change the background) , and finaly ,TRY TO BE NICER (you have been added as a foe)
THE REAL RATING IS : 7.2/10 (Pretty Good) THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE 8-) therefore i'm telling the truth
Time to teach you a lesson.
1. This is not smm.
2. No they don't.
3. Well, i wonder why nobody did such a boring fight before.
4. No this isn't meta knights theme for the last time. It's a remix of the Halberds theme in smash.
4.1 Here the Halberd theme from brawl
4.2 And here Meta KnightsBossTheme
Ican already hear a difference so idk what is up with you
5. Why even give a transparent mask? Thats useless and a bgo would really look better in it.
6. "Try to be nice you have been added as foe"
This is immature he isn't trying to be rude to you. He gives you critic and a review which you completly dismiss meaning you don't take level designing serious at all.
7. This won't help you at all.

bobogamer2500x
Swooper
Swooper

Postby bobogamer2500x » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:34 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
bobogamer2500x wrote:But, it DOES look like a real super Mario maker level , right?
vines are all over airship levels in Mario maker , the hammer bros are Gaurding the boss , the secret is not obvious anymore , again: airship levels stache coins differently , the boss fight is actualy very intuitive (because it has never been done before) , meta knight was a BOSS in Kirby (therefore it IS a boss theme) , when I gave the block transparent masks they stayed opaqe(so I COULDN'T change the background) , and finaly ,TRY TO BE NICER (you have been added as a foe)
THE REAL RATING IS : 7.2/10 (Pretty Good) THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE 8-) therefore i'm telling the truth
1. This is not smm.
2. No they don't.
4. No this isn't meta knights theme for the last time. It's a remix of the Halberds theme in smash.
5. Why even give a transparent mask? Thats useless and a bgo would really look better in it.
This is immature he isn't trying to be rude to you. He gives you critic and a review which you completly dismiss meaning you don't take level designing serious at all.
AS I SAID! WHAEN I GAVE THE BLOCKS TRANSPARENT MASKS THE WERE STILL OPAQUE! HERE IS A SCREENSHOT:Image

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:36 pm

Check in your graphics folder to see if those blocks had masks originally. If they don't, you need to choose another block to use instead. You can't modify a mask of an object if it isn't there already.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:39 pm

PixelPest wrote:Check in your graphics folder to see if those blocks had masks originally. If they don't, you need to choose another block to use instead. You can't modify a mask of an object if it isn't there already.
IIRC Valtteri added masks to all blocks that had a different one. Some blocks don't need one depending what you replace. But wven if they don't have one it qorks fine by using a bg no issues there for me.

bobogamer2500x
Swooper
Swooper

Postby bobogamer2500x » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:59 pm

PixelPest wrote:Official Review of A New Airship Level (Updated Version)

Design and Gameplay (weighed 70%): 0.3/10
This level is really short and poorly made as an airship level. Elements such as the vines ruin the atmosphere. There was little variety in NPCs and coin placement needs a lot of work; coins should be spread out through the level, not in small clusters. The two hammer bros on the ground beside the pipe should really be removed. The windows on the airships are too clustered and make it look messy. The secret was also really obvious and overpowered, and the fire flower and 1-up sitting around in the main path outside of ?-blocks was another poor idea. The SMB1 Bowser battle was poorly made and is pretty much impossible, due to the fact that Bowser never moves.

Graphics and Music (weighed 30%): 1.5/10
Most of the graphics in this level didn't fit well together. The airship sequence also would look better with a background. Also, the resprite of the bullet bills were missing a modified death effect.
The music for the airship section fit, but an SMB1 Bowser boss battle should have SMB1 Bowser/Boss music, not Meta Knight music.

Overall: 0.66/10 (The Trash Can)

HERE, I took your criticism properly and made yet a 3rd version : https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvkx90as00fzs ... 2.zip?dl=0
this fixes ,background objects and adds a backdrop , the airship now floats up and down(but cannon balls wont , they go straight) , the level is longer and more difficult,
the coins are more spread out , there is no more secret(as far as you know) , windows now look less messy , improved mushroom platform gfx , boss is now boom-boom ,
added piranah plants ,killing the boss will end the level , Yoshi was removed ,there is a section 3 (I won't tell you how to get there) , toad was removed ,invisible blocks were removed , boss music is now super Mario RPG : bowser theme , AND FINALY added a better aditude

KingBowser24
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Master Procrastinator

Postby KingBowser24 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Persistent, I'll give you that. I'll give it a try and give feedback later.

DarkWolf658
Snifit
Snifit

Postby DarkWolf658 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:58 pm

UNOFFICIAL REVIEW

Just tried this now (latest version as of this post) and its not bad, but its not great. I feel that there could have been more coins, but then again smb3 airships didn't have a lot of coins (Since there is no official smb airships, i cannot speak on that). These aren't really preventable, but i noticed a few bugs. Because of the moving layers, if you do not hit the piranha plants with the fireflower, you get hurt while on the pipes, even if they are not out. Also the second Hammer Bro randomly dies, and one of the cannon ball shooters pops out of place. The boom boom fight was average, although the moving layers here are weird. Because the floor is only 1 block thick, it dips out of sight briefly each time the airship moves. It doesn't help that the player and boom boom almost disappear with it. I would raise it 2 blocks. The background doesn't fit for this part, but then again, i don't know if their is a smb airship inside background, so its ok. Overall, I would give this level a 4.5/10. Its a nice idea, but I don't think it used all of its potential.

bobogamer2500x
Swooper
Swooper

Postby bobogamer2500x » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:10 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
1. This is not smm.
2. No they don't.
well, I am sorry, it was labeled meta knight in smbx

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Re: a new airship level

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:14 pm

Please refer to this topic: http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... =32&t=1682
You can't just write re-review on your topic to have it re-reviewed.

bobogamer2500x
Swooper
Swooper

Postby bobogamer2500x » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:20 pm

PixelPest wrote:Please refer to this topic: http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... =32&t=1682
You can't just write re-review on your topic to have it re-reviewed.
soo.. how DO I get it re-reviewed for the new patches :?:

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby PixelPest » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Read the topic and you'll find out. It's all in there. You just need to take the time to read it.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:52 pm

Here is a play through I made of this level:
Spoiler: show

Return to “The Trash Can”