Green Inferno

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
zxcv
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: They/She

Green Inferno

Postby zxcv » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi,

After a lot of procrastination hard work, I finally finished my first level!

Please give feedback to help me improve.

Screenshot:
Spoiler: show
Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d2x46 ... nferno.rar

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Green Inferno

Postby ShadowStarX » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:06 pm

Green Inferno Review

Design & Gameplay: Bad
- The level was difficult for all the wrong reasons. The NPC placement was usually spammy but inconsistently spammy. (sometimes it was alright but usually it was spammy when playing) You seem to have the 'piranha plant in every non-warp pipe syndrome' and if that wasn't enough, you're also placing piranha plants on the ground, which is pointless and a really bad idea. (especially the first horizontal piranha plant which was above a bottomless pit and didn't add any challenge to the level) You should have piranha plants in every 2nd pipe of the level or something and you can also include in quicksand pits. The amount of slopes is really incosistent. Sometimes there are barely any slopes on the screen but sometimes there are way many. (not too much just simply many) The length would be okay but not with this difficulty. The player can also easily get MULTIPLE 1-ups by throwing a shell at the right time. In my luckiest run about that, I got nineteen 1-ups. (the shell took care of most of the NPCs on the ground and it also killed all the 4 Giganticus Piranhacuses, plus I threw a buzzy beetle shell at it too, which resulted in two 1-ups) Even if the level is beatable, the boss fight is still way too difficult. It's just a repetitive and frustratingly hard bullet hell. Overall, this level is quite frustrating, to me at least. Even if the first half had some potential, the second half was just plain spam.

Atmosphere & Visuals: Bad
| The music was kind of fitting in the level.
- Oh geez, the atmosphere of the level wasn't okay either. There are massive cutoffs in the level, especially the first section. Just to say some: the first (the very deep) quicksand pit makes a gigantic cutoff, and then the first venus fire trap's pipe after the quicksand pit makes a cutoff with the ground too. The level had BGO spam and yet it looked bland. (I dunno how did you manage to do that)

Score: 2/10
A really bad but not absolutely terrible level with lots of flaws and way too high (and inconsistent) difficulty with very some potential in the first half.
Moved to the 'Trash Can'

EDIT:
I would also rather use off-turned link blocks instead of on-turned M, L, P and T blocks. (and you forgot to block the way after the checkpoint)

zxcv
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: They/She

Re: Green Inferno

Postby zxcv » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:36 pm

After all this long time, finally someone judged this! Thanks!

Return to “The Trash Can”