Furiously Fiery Lava Land

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
KingBowser24
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Master Procrastinator

Furiously Fiery Lava Land

Postby KingBowser24 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:23 pm

Decided to take a shot at building a Lava level that is not a castle. Check it out:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ct4pml5hthiqe ... l.zip?dl=0

Screenies:
Spoiler: show
I also have a video i recorded of it, but the quality is kind of bad. haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT1pp1F ... e=youtu.be

MarioHacker
Banned

Re: Furiously Fiery Lava Land

Postby MarioHacker » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:15 pm

The level could have used a lot more design variation. Right now it is repetitive and boring. Enemies are placed too far apart, question blocks are scarce and there are no coins other than in the bonus room. The random Dry Bones doesn't seem to fit in here either.

2/10. I would redesign this completely.

KingBowser24
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby KingBowser24 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:53 pm

Just saying, the reason the enemies are far apart is because of the rising and falling lava. And I do have quite a few enemies, bullies, firebars, bullet bills. Even if there was more enemies they would've died in the lava. There was also going to be a whole other, different, section but I had already used too many blocks hahaha

You are right about adding more coins and ? Blocks though. There would've been more variation, hence the second section, If I didn't run out of blocks and crash.

I'll take your word in this, and make some fixes on this when I get home

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:12 am

Title: FFLL (lazy to write full)
Designer: KingBowser24

A poorly made level. The lava gimminick was good, but that's the only one gimminick in this whole level. It only has two sections, which the first section is boring and repetetive, while the second one, which is somewhat a bonus section, is bland because of no decoration. You should really add background objects and coins to make this level decorated, since I don't see many of them whatsoever and that makes the level bland. There's a cutoff, and this one, which the one bullet tile should be placed as background object, then an underground tile on it, if possible. Overall, it's a level that isn't enjoyable and I wouldn't recommend.

Design: 2/10
Creativity: 3/10
Aesthetics: 2/10

Total: 7/30 - 2.3/10

KingBowser24
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby KingBowser24 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Alright. Thanks for the review, even if it was bad. lol this was actually my first Lava Level so i didnt really know what i was doing :lol:

Return to “The Trash Can”