1-3 Yoshi Plains

They're not that bad, but they're not that good either.
PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

1-3 Yoshi Plains

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:32 pm

This level was originally for SMB The Revenge of The Koopa Troop, But was rejected.
I decided i'd post the level here for you guys to play.
Spoiler: show
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dkaad ... Plains.zip

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Re: 1-3 Yoshi Plains

Postby Witchking666 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:29 pm

I kinda liked this level, except for it just being a generic grassland level without gimmicks and original stuff.
Except that you should next time actually add some of the aforementioned gimmicks and original stuff.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:52 pm

witchking666 wrote:I kinda liked this level, except for it just being a generic grassland level without gimmicks and original stuff.
Except that you should next time actually add some of the aforementioned gimmicks and original stuff.
But you didn't mention any.

superhammerbros100
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Hello fellow profile reader!

Postby superhammerbros100 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:30 pm

witchking666 wrote: you should next time actually add some of the aforementioned gimmicks and original stuff.
actually add some of the aforementioned gimmicks and original stuff.
aforementioned gimmicks and original stuff.
Where are that "gimmicks and original stuff" you mentioned?

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Postby CynicHost » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:40 pm

Plus, a level doesn't need to have gimmicks and/or original stuff to be good. How is that even fair?

superhammerbros100
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Hello fellow profile reader!

Postby superhammerbros100 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:14 pm

MightyMerlinStyle wrote:Plus, a level doesn't need to have gimmicks and/or original stuff to be good. How is that even fair?
I think he was talking about the level, that it needed things (like moving floating platforms or moving grass) because grass levels are SUPER common.

CynicHost
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Flair: heck

Postby CynicHost » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:17 pm

I know, but still... Level designing standards seem to be super high these days.

Castlemaster712
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby Castlemaster712 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:45 pm

Apart from some guy above me, I think that this level is incredibly good, but it's a bit long IMO, I loved the graphics and sometimes it's hard to find a good grass-type level, and the charging chuck appearing after the original one is killed was a pretty good idea, I just don't like that they can't be killed easily (maybe edit the files?)

I found 1 flaw though: I got 277 coins, and I wasn't even trying, if it was in an episode, that would be from 2-3 1ups in a single level :O

Also, before the 3 horizontal pipes at almost the end of the level, there are a bunch of breakable blocks in the ground... what exactly is the purpose of having them there?

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:55 pm

Castlemaster712 wrote: Also, before the 3 horizontal pipes at almost the end of the level, there are a bunch of breakable blocks in the ground... what exactly is the purpose of having them there?
I was going to put something there but forgot to.

EDIT:
Also, Thanks for your criticism.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:04 am

REVIEW OF YOSHI PLAINS BY MOSAICMARO

GAMEPLAY
The general gameplay of this level would be good if it was very short because the level is kinda long-ish (Or that's what it feels like because the level is just so boring to play) and it gets very boring after a while. Additionally if you keep a leaf you can entirely fly over the level (especially in the second half) and all the gameplay is ignored. A bit after the checkpoint there's this tight pipe section that is very cheap and easy to get hit in due to the cramped area you are forced to jump on enemies in and it might lead to a cheap hit (or two).

Noted by someone else above me this level has way too many coins, i had over 80 before the checkpoint.

Your power-up placement in the first half is way too much and (As far as i noticed) there's almost none in the second half.

ATMOSPHERE
The atmosphere isn't anything special at all and very forgetable. But the level doesn't look all that bland and it should be fine.

CONCLUSION:
I would love to add something original into the review but the level is just so boring and same-y that i couldn't even find anything special.

SCORE: 5.5/10

Return to “Average”